: price on 2010 sedan?

Aurora40
04-24-11, 10:23 AM
2010 sedan, 6.5k miles, auto, recaros, CPO (at a caddy dealer). What is a fair price on this? I'm thinking sub $55k like 52-53, is that in the ballpark?

My understanding is you can still get these new in the $62-63k range (not including taxes). Plus new has better financing options.

Opinions?

Also, the backup camera was optional in 2010, not standard, correct?

e6t
04-24-11, 11:18 AM
I was offered 55 for mine as a trade in. I'd be surprised and disappointed if you could buy that car for 52. Good luck though...

And no, the backup camera was not an option in 2010.

Aurora40
04-24-11, 11:31 AM
I was offered 55 for mine as a trade in. I'd be surprised and disappointed if you could buy that car for 52. Good luck though...

And no, the backup camera was not an option in 2010.
If you don't mind my asking, what did you buy it for? Do they depreciate very little, or are the deals on new ones not as good as I think they are?

e6t
04-24-11, 11:37 AM
If you don't mind my asking, what did you buy it for? Do they depreciate very little, or are the deals on new ones not as good as I think they are?

70+ sticker, i paid something like 63-64.

Aurora40
04-24-11, 12:14 PM
Well, so wouldn't you expect to pay a reasonable bit under that when it is not new? $55k is 13% depreciation, and that's on trade-in. The dealer is gonna slap more on that. Paying $58-60k for a used car seems odd to me if you could get one exactly the same way for $63k brand new. If you factor in something like ~1% financing new vs the market at maybe ~4% used, and they could end up being exactly the same price.

Is depreciation really that low on these cars? Is buying used stupid? Thanks for the feedback.

e6t
04-24-11, 12:44 PM
what youve pointed out is precisely why i bought new.

the depriciation cant accurately be calculated off what i paid because i received kick backs and im a mad negotiator. if you look at msrp of 70 versus buying a used one for 53, thats almost 25%... the financing delas on a new car are probably worth about 3-4,000... from what ive seen, these cars are availble at about a 6,000 discount off sticker when new or a 12-13,000 discount (again, off msrp) when "lightly" used and no more than a year old.... i prefer new with the lower rate.

mother
04-24-11, 12:48 PM
Well, so wouldn't you expect to pay a reasonable bit under that when it is not new? $55k is 13% depreciation, and that's on trade-in. The dealer is gonna slap more on that. Paying $58-60k for a used car seems odd to me if you could get one exactly the same way for $63k brand new. If you factor in something like ~1% financing new vs the market at maybe ~4% used, and they could end up being exactly the same price.

Is depreciation really that low on these cars? Is buying used stupid? Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going through a similar exercise right now...
The current used prices just don't make any reasonable sense- it's what I'd call a market failure. While looking I go to dealers and see new V's selling pretty regularly yet the 09/10 used sedans just sit there for months. What seems to have happened is that nobody adjusted for the increase in availability of V2's on the used market nor the decrease in desirability of a used sedan. There are a non trivial number of V2 sedan owners who really want the Coupe and are trading up. It also seems that the ones doing this most readily are the ones who keep these things in the garage and barely drive them!

In my case the car I've finally decided that I 'really want' just is not a possibility ('11 Wagon/Thunder Grey/Recaro/Sapele/Suede/M6). So my current dilemma is take an 09 with the fake carbon fiber trim (can that be easily swapped?) or "spend" 5-10k more for a new car that still isn't the color I want.

As you pointed out some or all of that difference in price evaporates once financing costs enter the picture.

Aurora40
04-24-11, 02:02 PM
Are they not taking orders on wagons anymore? Why can't you get one in the color you want?

e6t
04-24-11, 02:30 PM
fukushima. srsly.

mother
04-24-11, 02:43 PM
Are they not taking orders on wagons anymore? Why can't you get one in the color you want?

fukushima. srsly.

What e6t wrote... Can't order Thunder Grey because one of the components in the paint comes from the affected region of Japan.

I'm not b*tching about it (I mean wow, how shallow and selfish would that be?) but it makes my decision matrix more interesting...

elevated
04-24-11, 08:19 PM
If you can get a new CTS-V in the $62k-$63k fully loaded, then I would not consider a used version more than around $50,000. When you are in that $10,000 window difference, it just makes sense to buy brand new. Longer warranty, tires are new, brakes/rotors are new, zero wear and tear, better interest rate, better resale value in the future, etc.

landsteam
04-25-11, 04:08 PM
I am going through the same thing as other used buyers.
If a new loaded could be had for $64k why would I pay $52 or more for a 2009? It just doesn't add up.
Now that 2012 will be ready soon they should go down in price.

mother
05-01-11, 12:54 AM
Just as a datapoint/update, I ended up with a Wagon with a stick in it for ~8k more than the 2009 Auto Sedan I had been looking at. :cookoo:

Edit: And while it's not Thunder Grey, it's Recaro/Sapele/Suede... So I'm pretty stoked!

Aurora40
05-01-11, 09:38 AM
Just as a datapoint/update, I ended up with a Wagon with a stick in it for ~8k more than the 2009 Auto Sedan I had been looking at. :cookoo:

Edit: And while it's not Thunder Grey, it's Recaro/Sapele/Suede... So I'm pretty stoked!

Congrats! Turns out the car I was thinking about was already sold. Dealer had it listed at $58k, which seemed pretty crazy to me, hence the question. I assume the new owner didn't pay that, but who knows.