: D3 Springs installed.

rednumbers
04-23-11, 09:12 PM
Got my d3 sport springs installed. My installer made a mistake and cut the nylon sleeve in half and used it in the front and back springs. So I am hearing some noises like some others have experienced. The springs are not creaking over bumps nor driveways but on bumpy roads it sounds like a slamming noise. Kind of when you go over a pot hole.

I am bringing The car back to add some sleeving but not sure the noise is coming from not having enough sleeve.

Anybody else experience weird noises just on bumpy roAds.

musclesbmf
04-23-11, 09:51 PM
I hate my D3 springs at this point. I've waited 2 weeks for the sleeves and still nothing. They sound like an old pogo stick at slow speeds. Very very embarrassing. I should have gone with the non-V CTS Eibach springs like I did on my '09 silver V back in 2009. Worst case I'm spending another $250 and getting the new Eibachs as KILLR-V's coupe makes ZERO noise with those. Very frustrated!!!! Never heard anything like this.

Mark

DoingOK
04-23-11, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Mark. I installed the Eibachs this morning and they don't make a peep. I like the new stance and it handles very well.

areuv
04-23-11, 10:57 PM
mine have also started making noise, I get a squeaking/creeking noise when I come to a stop with my foot on the brake, it's getting worse and I have the sleeves installed, might have to try eibach

baabootoo
04-24-11, 12:05 AM
It's those solid packed coils hitting each other is my guess. I wonder if shrink wrap would last on springs? I've used 1/2" heater hose on springs also.

kirbyCTSV
04-24-11, 03:05 AM
Can u still adj the dampening with eibach springs

musclesbmf
04-24-11, 08:37 AM
Springs dont afffect changing the ride control settings.

Mark

rednumbers
04-24-11, 11:27 PM
I should of listened to all the bad reviews. Love the drop but I am hearing some strange noises and have a feeling it's going to get worse

Are the coils stacked on each other on the eibach

So do you need the mag bars on the eibach or does it ride fine with out it

DoingOK
04-24-11, 11:36 PM
Here is a pic of the front and back springs from Eibach. I cut 1/4 coil off the front spring (recommended by other forum members) and so far everything is great. No noise, good ride and nicer stance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/G35Coupe/Car%20stuff/DSC05395.jpg

Car after lowering:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/G35Coupe/Car%20stuff/DSC05416.jpg