: HELP!! Traction control engages while cruising wont accelerate!!

Chuck77083
04-23-11, 01:13 PM
Help! I have a 1993 FWB. I am having an issue with my car.

As i am driving sometimes the traction control randomly kicks in!!! Let's sayi'm cruising at 50mph suddenly the Blue "Traction engaged" indicator comes on and i cannot accelerate!! ifi remove my foot from the pedal the light may turn off but if i attempt to give it ANY gas the pedal pushes back the TRACTION ENGAGED light turns on and i cannot accelerate

In addition sometimes the YELLOW Traction control and ABS light illumiate

Again this is under normal driving conditions! SOMEBODY HELP!!! :helpless:

dont know if this helps but i have 144 xxx miles

drmenard
04-23-11, 03:04 PM
until I fixed it I would shut the traction control off with the button in the glove box... It must be shut off every time the car is started... Have you checked to see if any codes are set?

Chuck77083
04-23-11, 04:11 PM
Ok I'll do that.

But no no trouble codes. I had to replace EGR valve a few days ago. I was getting DTC 32. but no engine light is on now. I checked for codes through the diagnostics on the AC controls. Point -04 shows no codes for traction control/abs but nothing, it reads 00

thefleetwoodguy
04-23-11, 04:40 PM
any chance you have 2 different sized tires on rear?
that would cause that kind of issue
next I would suspect the ebtcm module
if you figure it out I have any parts you may need
www.thefleetwoodguy.com

...............Jim

Chuck77083
04-23-11, 09:38 PM
Update!!!!

In the diagnostics menu on the AC on point -4 I got trouble code 162 I will look up the code definition

Chuck77083
04-23-11, 10:10 PM
I believe all the tires are same size. Although one is a different brand

ebtcm? Is thatvthe traction control module?

Chuck77083
04-23-11, 11:11 PM
ANOTHER Update!!!!

In the diagnostics menu on the AC on point -4 (TRACTION CTRL and ABS) I got trouble code 62 I looked up the definition it says "RPM signal error"

Any ideas??? What can my problem be??

Chuck77083
04-24-11, 10:14 AM
any chance you have 2 different sized tires on rear?
that would cause that kind of issue
next I would suspect the ebtcm module
if you figure it out I have any parts you may need
www.thefleetwoodguy.com

...............Jim

JIM!!!!!!! Upon further inspection i came to find the rear tire sizes dont match. the driver side is 225-75-15 and the passenger is 235-75-15!!!! could this be my problem?????

thefleetwoodguy
04-24-11, 09:00 PM
Tire Width
The 235 is the width of the tire in millimeters (mm), measured from sidewall to sidewall. Since this measure is affected by the width of the rim, the measurement is for the tire when it is on its intended rim
based on this I would have to say no

the code you have should be whats going
wrong, will have to look in the fact service manual

Chuck77083
04-24-11, 09:23 PM
You have a clue where I can find the factory service manual? Maybe a pdf file I can download ?

thefleetwoodguy
04-25-11, 03:09 PM
no on the pdf
you can find a service manual on e bay
code 62 will set if you pushed the trac control switch in
the glove compartment
so they may have nothing to do with your issue
If it were me I would try to find a set of matched tires
and give that a try, even though the sizes you have are close
I still have a feeling it could be that.....Jim

75sled
04-25-11, 05:43 PM
If you have two tires of the exact same size, I would move them to the rear just to make sure. I had a buddy that had to have his rear dif. rebuilt two different times. They finally looked at the tire size and notice a difference. Replaced both with new tires of the same size and never had a probelm again. Not saying this is what is wrong, but it would be an easy/free diagnostic by just swapping a couple of tires around. Good luck.

Chuck77083
04-27-11, 10:56 AM
Ok thanks guys. I will try the tires and come back with an update. I really appreciate the help.