: Headlight spray?

daddie2k3
04-23-11, 10:47 AM
If I'm not mistaking I think I was told our cars have the headlight spray system but im not sure...can somebody shine some light on that for me (I.e. How to activate, are they the squares next to headlight housing, etc)

Smokin' SRX
04-23-11, 11:06 AM
Yes your Performance model has it as does the Premium. You just wash your windshield while the headlites are ON.
Not sure on 2011 models. May come on Luxury model??

SS

TheCaptain
04-23-11, 02:31 PM
When the head lights are on, every fourth spray of the windshield will kick the head light sprayers on.

Cooper10
04-23-11, 02:31 PM
When vehicles are equipped with factory HID/Xenon headlamps, some federal law mandates that they need headlight washers. When you activate the windshied washer stalk the wipers and headlight washer spray at the same time. I dont know how effective a water stream on a headlight lens would do any cleaning without a wiper blade. Maybe if we drove on the autobahn at 150mph the water stream may clean the lens. Mercedes on certain models had little wipers with rubber wiper blades for the headlight lens.

TheCaptain
04-23-11, 02:40 PM
And they sure looked tacky with them. Even the Beamers with the exterior bumper washers looks cheap too. I like our hideaway washers. :D

daddie2k3
04-23-11, 06:45 PM
Ok cool thanks for the feedback...now we need to tie in the circuit with the window roll down feature via key fob so when you showing family and friends they and we can see it work and say cool and then they look up and all windows are down lol...more wishful thinking lol