: W4m stage 2 6l90e trans is done.

wait4me
04-22-11, 01:20 PM
Back in the car was we speak. As soon as i put a blower on it, then i should be able to test the car out. Ill have the service available to people that bring thier cars to me here, as ill be doing them in house. The build went perfect. The clutch upgrade and baskets, and shafts worked out nice. The strength and reliability should be greatly enhanced over the stock layout. 50-75% stronger in the higher gears.. Also with the welded shafts we where told there is no longer an issue of the intermediate shaft failure after 175mph. :)

Cost will be only $699 for the rebuild plus exact part cost. ;)

shade
04-22-11, 01:39 PM
What is the part cost?
I assume at some point you will be selling these kits outside of just your shop? How long did it take to pull the tranny and replace the parts?

wait4me
04-22-11, 01:53 PM
Due to the complexity and tolerances and the tuning changes needed, it will be a in person deal only for my in person customers. Parts alone will cost you a little over 2,000 if you do the full stage 2. The $699 for actually building the transmission will Not include the cost of $200 to remove and replace the transmission for labor. It is a 14hour process for me to pull out, tear down, full rebuild, install, and then tuning.

neuronbob
04-22-11, 02:00 PM
Holeeee.....that price is not bad. If my tranny blows (*crosses fingers that it doesn't*), I know where to go.
:thumbsup:

jwall09
04-22-11, 02:12 PM
Back in the car was we speak. As soon as i put a blower on it, then i should be able to test the car out. Ill have the service available to people that bring thier cars to me here, as ill be doing them in house. The build went perfect. The clutch upgrade and baskets, and shafts worked out nice. The strength and reliability should be greatly enhanced over the stock layout. 50-75% stronger in the higher gears.. Also with the welded shafts we where told there is no longer an issue of the intermediate shaft failure after 175mph. :)

Cost will be only $699 for the rebuild plus exact part cost. ;)

Are the gears any different? Is there an option to put a better MPG 6th gear in for highway use that you can recommend?

DrumStix
04-22-11, 05:58 PM
Due to the complexity and tolerances and the tuning changes needed, it will be a in person deal only for my in person customers. Parts alone will cost you a little over 2,000 if you do the full stage 2. The $699 for actually building the transmission will Not include the cost of $200 to remove and replace the transmission for labor. It is a 14hour process for me to pull out, tear down, full rebuild, install, and then tuning.

I thought it was a piece of cake.

JOEYCTS-V
04-22-11, 07:07 PM
Where can we see the video you made? Do you have a link?

cbloveday
04-22-11, 07:25 PM
Thanks Jess for continuing to take care of the V2 community needs.

Junkie414
04-22-11, 07:49 PM
Cant wait to see the results on this

RapidRob
04-22-11, 09:38 PM
Thanks Jess for continuing to take care of the V2 community needs.

X2!

Rob

haterinc
04-22-11, 10:32 PM
Any chance this will lower quarter mile time or increase trap? Able to swap in manual gearing? or is this just to further bullet proof a 650+ build?

Jesse you continue to impress me!!

wait4me
04-23-11, 08:04 AM
It should increase quarter mile times by a little, just due to the better friction materials, and having the option to command faster shift times now. Also the ability to run a 3.73 gear ratio rear without worrying about the clutch basket kililng itself at the neck. Those sections have new metal welded in to the weak section and a better, thicker main shaft with alot more material on it.. It just opens up alot more options.

I didnt post the video of it because there where things we found that needed to be done that a normal place wouldnt figure out, so my new shop manager "yes i hired my brother" and myself thought it would be better to just offer it directly here for people so we can take care of our customers. If i post up the video, he felt it would make a rather large phone call load on me for free support for transmission building, when that isnt something i want to do. I can build any auto transmission from scratch, and have been doing them for all my own race cars since the old 350s, but never for others.... well untill now... :)

The trans is build to help hold the cars we have hitting 900+ RWHP.. At 900 the regular transmission is way past its safe point. Even on curtis car, there is a 800rpm slip between commanded and actual transmission shift... 800 is alot.

cbloveday
04-23-11, 08:39 AM
Jess,

I'll give you a call next time I return from the track to advise what happens.

TrevorD
04-23-11, 09:41 AM
VERY smart move on not selling outside of your personal installs. There are WAY too many tranny shops that would act like they know what they're doing, screw up the install, and then blame the parts. It would be a nightmare for you! If I end up with another V, it will definitely be an auto. :)

Congrats on the new trans setup. It's another great offering for your customers!

cbloveday
04-24-11, 09:58 PM
Jess,

Can you give me a call? I would like to discuss the stage 2 upgrade with you.
I hate to be in your face all the time, but I would like to know everything is "happy" with the tranny and meet your brother. :)

SuperBeast
04-25-11, 09:34 AM
Sounds like
A
Strong tranny!!

Domsz06
04-25-11, 10:30 AM
Very nice jesse.

Can you answer a question I posted in your other build thread.

Since your tearing it apart could you also add a taller 6th gear so the rpm's could drop and get better fuel econ on the highway? I remember before I had to convert my z06 to an auto the 6 speed would just purr at about 1500 rpm's at 75 and would get way over 25 mpg....

Just curious. I really don't know auto's very well at all. I know are cars have the torque... so????

wait4me
04-25-11, 04:00 PM
It cant happen as far was i can tell. The transmissions would have to have those gears available from the factory for me to do swapping of clutch baskets, I just dont see it happening. sorry :(

Domsz06
04-26-11, 08:11 AM
It cant happen as far was i can tell. The transmissions would have to have those gears available from the factory for me to do swapping of clutch baskets, I just dont see it happening. sorry :(

ah cool.

Thanks Jesse. But IF the gears were avialable in say another car using the same tranny it could happen....

Coolio, always wondered about it.

SuperBeast
04-26-11, 11:10 AM
Jesse trying to contact u