: Cadillac Escalade emblems

ogbuehi
04-22-11, 11:50 AM
I'm trying to locate somewhere that has the Escalade emblems (chrome cadillac emblem on a black back background). I'm trying to get 4 of them so I can build my custom rims (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/). Preferrably I'd like the ones where the black background is larger than the cadillac emblem itself. I've attached a link to a picture of what I would like them to look like. Also if anyone knows the diameter/circumference of them I would appreciate it very much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-ESCALADE-2007-2011-FRONT-REAR-Emblems-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5bd4da6dQQitemZ19051 9237229QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

RippyPartsDept
04-22-11, 01:23 PM
To tell you the truth the best thing for you to do is to go to your local dealership and find an escalade with the emblems you want and grab it's VIN and let me know what that VIN is and I can get you the emblem you're looking for

besides that we're kind of guessing

ogbuehi
04-22-11, 10:03 PM
Dang it! I just did that at my cadillac dealership and they couldn't tell me the dimensions. Plus, the parts guy was telling me that it was 2 pieces and the one in the picture is just one piece. It even looks like one piece on the truck itself. I may just go and do that tomorrow.

RippyPartsDept
04-23-11, 11:31 AM
yeah, it will be much easier if you can get a VIN from a truck that has the emblems you want

that way we can be sure you'll get what you want

ogbuehi
04-24-11, 03:42 PM
Here is a VIN: 1GYUKCEF4AR246194

RippyPartsDept
04-24-11, 09:49 PM
i'll be in touch tomorrow

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 08:35 AM
Front Emblem #25795247
List Price: $51.93
Your Price: $38.30

Rear Emblem #20823396
List Price: $88.92
Your Price: $65.58

I have the rear emblem in stock but I would have to order the front emblem.

ogbuehi
04-25-11, 03:30 PM
Do you have the largest diameter on the rear emblem? I'm trying to see if they will fit on the wheels I'm getting. Thanks.

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 05:25 PM
It's just under 6" wide and right at 6" tall

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6271/photo1tny.jpg

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9669/photo2rk.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5582/photo3or.jpg

also note the locating pins on the back that will have to be snapped or ground off so it will fit flush with whatever you're putting it on (wheels i guess?)

ogbuehi
04-25-11, 09:17 PM
Thanks. I'll give the spec's to the engineers to see if they can cut that much for a flat lug cover without compromising the rim.

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 10:48 PM
i would think that they would want better measurements than that... or even their own 'test subject' emblem to measure themselves...

and if you're going custom, you might just want to have them put in the locating pin holes also

then you can buy the other three when they get it figured out

(at least that's what I would do if I was doing what it seems like you're doing)

ogbuehi
04-26-11, 12:33 PM
I thought about that but I'm almost 100% sure that the emblem will get scratched or damaged while they handle it. Plus there's plenty of flex to determine how far out the locking nuts can go so the measurements don't have to be down to the 1/64". Just a good estimate of the widest part so we know what kind of diameter we're working with.

RippyPartsDept
04-26-11, 12:39 PM
Ok... well let me know if you want me to get you a set (since I only stock one of these at a time)

ogbuehi
04-30-11, 06:24 AM
It looks like the biggest we can go is 6 inches between the inside of the locking nuts. I'm going to need a smaller version of that same emblem (if it even exists) or start over from scratch. :hmm:

RippyPartsDept
04-30-11, 01:13 PM
hmm... the front emblem isn't much smaller and i don't have one in stock to check for you

ogbuehi
05-20-11, 09:44 AM
Sorry I haven't responded in awhile. I am actually out of town right now. If there was something smaller that was similar then that would work great. The key is to have the black background come past the emblem itself.

RippyPartsDept
05-20-11, 10:29 AM
i'm not sure what else there is... i think that's the only emblem that has the background like that

(the previous generation of escalades had a similar 'disc' style emblem for the rear hatch, but there's a hole in it for the window release button)

ogbuehi
05-21-11, 09:16 AM
Right now I'm starting from scratch with the wheels to see if I can come up with something else that will work with a chrome emblem. I don't want to put a chrome emblem against a chrome background but rather a black background.

RippyPartsDept
05-21-11, 10:56 AM
What about doing exposed lug nuts and having just a small center cap like the GM accessory wheels use?
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Cadillac-Chrome-Center-Cap-12499423-P3680C0.aspx
(i can sell them for about the same price as that site is showing them for)

or this one with the colored crest
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/sitemap/p/Center-Cap-19165750-6502.htm
(price on those is around $38 each at the discount)

ogbuehi
05-22-11, 09:58 AM
That second one would be perfect if I can get the black background. Would you happen to know what the dimensions are? If I can get with the black background, colored emblem, that's smaller than the last one (can't be bigger than 6" in diameter) then I'm sold.

RippyPartsDept
05-23-11, 12:27 PM
those two are the type of center cap that fits inside the lugnuts, not over them. The lug nuts would be exposed and this cap snaps into the hole thru the center of the wheel

I would guess it's about 3" in diameter... maybe a bit more

there are a couple members here who have had this emblem powdercoated

check out this thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/212295-powder-coated-grille-wheels-exhaust-couple.html

ogbuehi
05-23-11, 04:08 PM
The size is perfect. I'm sold. Is there a way you can just order the ones with the black background? I clicked on the link you sent me and the site offered ones with the black background. Thanks.

RippyPartsDept
05-23-11, 04:50 PM
what was the part number?

i've never seen a black background cap (for cadillac wheels)

i looked around that site and it said 'featuring the colored crest with a black or silver background or a chrome crest with a silver background' but I couldn't find the ones with the black background

ogbuehi
05-23-11, 06:39 PM
That's the one. The one with the colored crest with the black background will work. I was looking at Center Cap 19165750. It says in the description "Personalize your Cadillac with one of several accessory center caps, featuring the colored crest with a black or silver background or a chrome crest with a silver background." They don't offer it with the black background?

Edit: I see what you're talking about. There's a description to get the black background but no option to select it. Maybe I can call them and see what that's all about.

RippyPartsDept
05-23-11, 09:20 PM
yeah that might be a good idea...

if you can get a part number i can see what kind of deal i can get you

i feel bad saying that (since i'm the parts guy) but i can only seem to find those two (color crest w/ silver background and all chrome version)

ogbuehi
05-24-11, 11:00 AM
Well, I did a bit of research and came up with some interesting info. I went back to that thread you linked me to and re-read the entire thread. I noticed that some folks had done something similar to their CTS except they bought the center caps with the black background. One guy mention getting them from e-bay. So I went there searching because that's the same place I got my gold wreaths from for my other Cadillac. Found a company that was selling them on e-bay that even had a GM parts number. So I wrote that number down and called Crate Engine Depot (the site you linked me to) and first asked about whether they offered the center cap with the black background. He said he couldn't offer it with black background so I told him what I found on e-bay and gave him the GM part number that I found. He punched it in and he said that the part number was replaced by another part number and is now discontinued. So apparently it's no longer in stock. The part number I found was 09595791. I don't know if you'll be able to get them, but I figured I'd give you a shot first before trying Schram auto parts or an e-bay seller since you've been helping me out so much. Here's the link to the e-bay page where I found them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-STS-V-Series-Black-Center-Cap-Set-CTS-V-SRX-OE-/270658728574?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0484727e

RippyPartsDept
05-24-11, 11:32 AM
That part number is discontinued... it actually changes to a 9596629 but that one is discon. also

there are a few dealers that still have it in stock though

try calling Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac
703-824-9670

They show 6 in stock ...

let him know that I sent you

Cheers,
Chris

ogbuehi
05-24-11, 12:05 PM
Thanks. I will do that. That's actually where I get both my Cadillacs serviced and where I bought my 2011 DTS as well.

ogbuehi
05-24-11, 02:14 PM
Just called Luke and so far, his info says they're on back order but not discontinued. He said he may not want to sell them because he has them for people who buy the black CTS-V wheels. He doesn't want limit his option to sell them to a CTS-V person who buys the wheels. So he said he's going to do some more research to see if they are indeed discontinued or possibly find another dealer nationally that has them. So he said he'll give me a call and see what options are available between now and the time I get back to VA.

RippyPartsDept
05-24-11, 02:28 PM
yeah they should be able to give you a fairly good discount on those caps
(make sure to mention you are a forum member - and a loyal customer of theirs)
and tell Luke I said 'hello'

ogbuehi
05-24-11, 03:11 PM
I'm just worried that he may have sold them by the time I get back or he won't sell them because he wants to save them for people who purchase the CTS-V rims.

RippyPartsDept
05-24-11, 03:49 PM
well you could probably pay over the phone w/ a credit card and then they'd be reserved for you

ogbuehi
05-24-11, 04:49 PM
I tried that but he kept insisting that I come and get them.

RippyPartsDept
05-24-11, 04:51 PM
hmm... well they are a discontinued part... it said that they had six... if they end up selling four and you can only get two from them there are other dealers that had one or two that you could complete your set with

RippyPartsDept
05-27-11, 01:06 PM
Found it!

GM #9596629
$18.51 list price each
$13.65 your price each

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_RRrIu8FXM/TEJ_nQD0oeI/AAAAAAAAM0E/sQW2rcuYGRM/s1600/2011+Cadillac+CTS-V+Coupe+is+angular,+unhinged+glorys.jpg

full size image (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_RRrIu8FXM/TEJ_nQD0oeI/AAAAAAAAM0E/sQW2rcuYGRM/s1600/2011+Cadillac+CTS-V+Coupe+is+angular,+unhinged+glorys.jpg)

ogbuehi
05-28-11, 10:00 AM
Looks like the same part number as the discontinued one. If you have 4 of them, let's do this. How do I order them from you?

RippyPartsDept
05-28-11, 11:15 AM
i'm going to have to call GM on monday on this one... it appears that the caps aren't discontinued but just on backorder
(there's no way that the center caps for a brand new CTSV are discontinued)

ogbuehi
05-28-11, 06:54 PM
Sounds like Tuesday then. I'll be checking in case you have updates.

RippyPartsDept
05-29-11, 04:05 PM
well... i'll be working monday, but the gm parts line folks probably won't be tho

so, yeah, tuesday

RippyPartsDept
05-31-11, 09:09 AM
So, these center caps are on backorder. GM is saying that they have a shipment en route to one of the warehouses from the source, but no firm ETA.

Bottom line is that we can order them, but I can't really say how long you'll be waiting for them.

ogbuehi
06-03-11, 10:32 PM
I went to the dealership to try and purchase them and just like I guessed, he wouldn't sell them to me. So I'll try my luck on e-bay and see what I can find.

RippyPartsDept
06-04-11, 09:05 AM
well, like I said, we can order them for you

I just checked and they're off of backorder... that shipment did hit the warehouses since I last posted that there was no ETA

it will take me about 4 days to get them in and then probably two days to get to you on UPS (unless you want to pay for expedited shipping)

ogbuehi
06-04-11, 05:55 PM
No rush on them. I just didn't want to be stuck waiting 6 months for them if you had no way to find out when you'd get them. If you can get them within a 2 weeks that'll work.

RippyPartsDept
06-06-11, 12:41 AM
yeah it should only take about a week (4 days, or so, like i said above) for me to get them in now that they're stocked in michigan

ogbuehi
06-10-11, 06:34 AM
Just got back in town (again). What do I need to do to order them from you?

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 08:30 AM
just give us a call whenever you get the chance... we'll take credit card payment via the phone (unless you want to send the info via PM - i suggest calling it in)

ogbuehi
06-10-11, 05:42 PM
Sounds good. I just missed you guys today. I'll Rippy tomorrow.

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 07:25 PM
yeah i'll be there 8am - 2pm

ogbuehi
06-26-11, 07:07 AM
Any word on when emblems will be coming in?

RippyPartsDept
06-26-11, 01:16 PM
i'll check on it first thing in the morning...

RippyPartsDept
06-27-11, 08:38 AM
ok so it seems we have run into a snafu

only one cap was ordered ... i am overnighting the other three caps so they should come in tomorrow

i'll let you know the tracking info when it ships out

sorry for the delay

ogbuehi
06-27-11, 06:28 PM
Okay. Thanks.

RippyPartsDept
06-27-11, 09:01 PM
yeah i'm really sorry about this... it happens from time to time but when the boss put in the order he just hit quantity of one and without you asking for me to check who knows how long it would have been before we noticed

i brought it to his attention and he said to go ahead and overnight the other three since this was our mistake

(i was surprised to see you post asking where it was since i had thought you would have had them by now)

they'll be going out tomorrow - i'll PM you the tracking #