: Cool Vintage Gauge Bracket

intragration
04-22-11, 07:25 AM
I found this bracket on E-bay and had to get it. The angles are exactly the same as the angles on the dash of the '70, and it even came with a cool faux-wood insert. (not Tamo, but still...) I had been planning to put in temp and oil pressure anyway, and with the recent electrical problem and the spare hole, volts made sense. Anyway, cool vintage piece that matches the car almost perfectly, thought you might like to see it.

http://www.1927.org/images/gauge1.jpg

http://www.1927.org/images/gauge2.jpg

outsider
04-22-11, 08:27 AM
nice man. is it all installed and wired up? if that's installed in your car the interior looks great :D

intragration
04-22-11, 03:02 PM
Thank you. Yep, that's all wired in the interior. Still need to add the oil and temp senders...and vacuum the carpet ha ha.

CADforce69
04-29-11, 08:22 PM
Temp gauge is very adviceable to get engine info in time. Oil pressure also helps but under the condition of watching it frequently. Not the best position to watch them but its the best way to keep the dash style. Congrats, intragration. It looks factory option! Definitely Ill have to install one of these in my 69. Ill add it to my task list :lol:

BTW, your dash / interior is in a great condition!:2thumbs:

intragration
04-30-11, 05:53 AM
Thank you very much. Oil pressure is essentially a confirmation of what you'd notice anyway if there was a problem. Even with the light, you'd hear a racket under the hood just about the same time you'd notice the oil light, if the light is working. The gauges happen to be pretty easy to keep tabs on, they're visible right between the bottom and right spoke of the steering wheel, and the factory sender is still connected alongside the gauge sender, so I'd hear a racket, see the oil light, and notice no pressure on the gauge. It's about as fail-safe as possible without rigging up a shift light to flash for low oil pressure ha ha.

CADforce69
04-30-11, 10:06 AM
Yeah, its a cheap measure to assure your engine reliability and avoid expensive breakdowns :).

BTW, Has the seller more units? Could you post the link by which you bought it?

intragration
04-30-11, 06:01 PM
No, unfortunately that was it, just an NOS vintage gauge bracket in the original package. Keep an eye out on E-bay, I'm sure one will come up eventually.

CADforce69
04-30-11, 07:23 PM
Thanks ;) Ill keep an eye on this cathegory of items and see if a similar one appears. After all, Im not in a hurry. A lot of issues to fix yet. A '70 steering wheel is coming now from ebay too, in order to play horn from the wheel.