: 07 Escalade- My Remote start button doesnt work, it actually opens my hatch...

ITSACADILLAC
04-21-11, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys,
Re 07 Escalade.

My remote start doesnt work, when I press the start button on the key fob, it opens the whole rear hatch. Could you help me please.

JimmyH
04-22-11, 06:41 PM
moved to escalade

halfnoon2002
04-22-11, 08:04 PM
Maybe try reprogramming it? If not you can pick up a new one on ebay cheap ....

Mha
04-23-11, 01:56 AM
Not trying to high jack but my remote start only works after I press the lock button, even if the truck was all ready locked it wont turn on. I seams I have to lock it and get a time frame to remote start it up before I have to press lock again. Is this right?

Punmax
04-23-11, 02:25 AM
Not trying to high jack but my remote start only works after I press the lock button, even if the truck was all ready locked it wont turn on. I seams I have to lock it and get a time frame to remote start it up before I have to press lock again. Is this right?

Yes, it's a safety feature.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-26-11, 02:36 PM
Mha, you can find information on this feature in your owners manual on pag 118. It shows that you have to press the lock button and then the start button to remote start the vehicle. You can do this again while the remote start is active to extend the remote start another 10 minutes as well. I hope this information helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service