: Medina auto mall is awesome!

mowershop
04-21-11, 09:41 PM
Took my V in for it's first oil change and requested front tire road force balance and 2 light scratches buffed out on the door.I picked up a completely detailed car. It's cleaner that when I bought it! Road force due to my shinny black wheels freshly powder coated.

WaterKing
04-21-11, 10:49 PM
Just off hand how much did they charge? I have to go up to Oh next month from AL and want my car fully cleaned up before my events there. Don't know if it will be the V coupe or EXT but whichever one will need it. I have relatives in Creston and my family (Carson) is from Medina.

bhendricks
04-21-11, 11:07 PM
I grew up in Medina and still have family there. Medina Auto Mall has always been pretty reputable. Glad to hear that from someone other than someone I grew up with.

I left in 93 for BGSU and stayed in Bowling Green.

mowershop
04-21-11, 11:09 PM
That's the best part. Nothing extra beyond what I asked for

Florian
04-21-11, 11:54 PM
Ive been there for oil changes, but nothing struck me as out of the ordinary nor did they go out of their way to do anything special.

F

Cub Cadet
04-22-11, 08:34 AM
When I was out shopping for the CTS-V, I stopped in there and had 2 sales people instantly all over me. They had two black V's sitting out front - one automatic, and one was a 6spd. My issues were that they weren't dealing on price and they commented that they would not honor my GM employee discount. The 6spd manual had a front plate installed and I said that killed the deal already. One of the salesman said they install it on every car regardless and that the automatic car was headed to service to have it installed. The 2 salesmen then scrambled and said that they would remove the bumper from the automatic car and install it on the 6spd for me. I said nope, laughed, and walked away.
My folks bought a Pontiac Solstice from them this past fall and I remember them saying that the car wasn't clean. It is always hot or miss with dealers. I could have a great experience at one, and then the next person have a crappy experience. One thing is for certain - they are definitely ALL out to steal our money any way they can!

I had no idea this many people on here have even heard of Medina. I grew up there, and worked for a junky outdoor power equipment manufacturer. I still have a house up that way that is on Ohio's largest, natural inland lake.... was hoping to sell it, but we may keep it for summer / weekends. I work in Columbus, OH now and it is a huge difference.

Nutz
04-22-11, 09:07 AM
Thats where i bought my V. Mixed feelings about the place. My first experience there was a sales associate guranteeing a national locator find on my criteria and insisting on a 1k deposit. That sales trick didnt work for me, but after I contacted a Gary Panteck it was sorted out, the V i have now was found parked in an already closed dealer in Springfield, Ill. They did accept GMS and provided a seamless transaction with an alternate sales associate that was more compatible with my sales knowledge... Towell Cadillac is my first choice in Akron as Dave and Tom Towell run a pretty tight family business in a small 100 year old building. Medina AM is probably a close second for me if needed, mainly because the service tech nailed my drive shaft indexing and allowed me to hang around quietly in the shop.

Sent via Droid X

Teutonaddict
04-22-11, 10:40 AM
I had no idea this many people on here have even heard of Medina.

Well, the post title sucked me in this a/m. I grew up in Wadsworth and my 82-y/o mother still lives there. Interesting to get a little insight into modern day Medina.

I remember going to Medina All-Sport in the square with money I'd 'earned' through good grade insurance discount on the family wagon--it had the cheapest, best selection of athletic shoes around...

neuronbob
04-22-11, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the review. It's always good to know there's another option here in NE Ohio.