: Blind Spot Warning System

tyfry1993
04-21-11, 08:11 PM
Just had a quick question regarding the cts-v coupe. I recently ordered my 2011 v coupe, I was reading that the 2012 model is going to introduce the blind spot warning system. Is it possible to get that installed into my vehicle at a later date, I feel like this is a stupid question but I had to ask.

Somefun
04-21-11, 08:41 PM
Man I'd put one in my 09 for sure!!!!I can't see shit out of it!

GM-4-LIFE
04-22-11, 12:10 AM
I didn't have any blind spots in my V Sedans or my V Coupe that I have now. I am actually glad I don't have the blind spot warning system on my V. Just something else that can go wrong with the car. We have had it on the Escalades we have had since they added it back in the 2009 model year and we had our share of problems with that system. I don't feel the need for the blind spot warning system.

musclesbmf
04-22-11, 09:51 AM
The coupe has the worst blind spots ever. I've almost cutoff a half dozen cars in just 4 short months. It's crazy, but worth it :-)
Mark

voltrons_head
04-22-11, 10:13 AM
I had the blind spot warning feature on my old S4. It was great. Between that and the reverse camera I don't think I turned my head ever in that car. My 2011 V sadly doesn't ahve that. Or auto wipers. I miss both of those features.

Only problem is that the radar it uses produces false alarms with radar detectors.

Mikevette
04-22-11, 11:13 AM
To help with your side blind spots adjust your side mirrors so that you can't see either of your rear quater panels and that should help you up for your rear blind spots. To many times we set up our mirrors to see our rear panels which actually enhances the rear quater blind spot. I got this info from Andy Pligram, CTS-V race driver and tried it. It help me out a lot. Just had to adjust an old habit I had when setting up my mirrors to what I want to see. just my .02, hope it helps.

Mike

concorso
04-22-11, 11:40 AM
Different car obviously, but the same principles tho. I always set my mirrors to see just the top corner of the trunk, it takes up less then 5% of the viewable area of the mirror. That way, the inside mirrors' viewable area starts where the outside mirrors end.

mrl859
04-22-11, 12:47 PM
Just had a quick question regarding the cts-v coupe. I recently ordered my 2011 v coupe, I was reading that the 2012 model is going to introduce the blind spot warning system. Is it possible to get that installed into my vehicle at a later date, I feel like this is a stupid question but I had to ask.In a word, no.

musclesbmf
04-22-11, 06:25 PM
To help with your side blind spots adjust your side mirrors so that you can't see either of your rear quater panels and that should help you up for your rear blind spots. To many times we set up our mirrors to see our rear panels which actually enhances the rear quater blind spot. I got this info from Andy Pligram, CTS-V race driver and tried it. It help me out a lot. Just had to adjust an old habit I had when setting up my mirrors to what I want to see. just my .02, hope it helps.

Mike

I will try this. Thanks for the info. It seems so obvious after reading it, but old habits are hard to break.

Thanks,
Mark

elphil
04-22-11, 06:39 PM
I have these on my V-Wagon and they do help. http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-49404-Corner-Wedge-Stick-/dp/B00029WVII/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1303511791&sr=1-5

On my '11 Mustang these type mirrors are built in to the side mirrors.

neuronbob
04-22-11, 07:22 PM

Mike

This all day long. I do this and it works incredibly well on all of my cars.

tyfry1993
04-22-11, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it!

Mikevette
04-22-11, 10:31 PM
Your welcome, that's what we are here for to help each other out without any flames.

Mike

JFJr
04-23-11, 10:31 AM
When a vehicle in the rear and on the side starts to disappear in the rear view mirror and begin to appear in the side mirror, then that side mirror is properly adjusted. The real problem is motorcycles. Those things can disappear from all mirrors very easily, so regular scans, as in flying an aircraft, are a good habit.

Jud

Somefun
04-23-11, 10:32 AM
I'd like to have the sensor that is in the rear bumber in the lower part of the front so you know how far from the curb you are. That would be the cats azz!