: 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive Series

Lord Cadillac
04-21-11, 09:08 PM
With hand-sanded real wood accents, hand-stitched Italian leather dash, two-tone ultra-soft Nappa leather seats, uniquely polished 20-inch wheels and state-of-the-art Uconnect Touch our flagship provides passengers with the sense of pure old-school craftsmanship combined with innovative technology."

Exclusive features found on the Chrysler 300C Executive Series interior include either Mochachino or Black Poltrona Frau "Foligno" leather-wrapped instrument panel, cluster brow, center console side panels and upper front- and rear-door panels. Premium Nappa leather covers the door armrest, bolster and center console armrest.

Two-tone Mochachino or Black seats are wrapped exclusively in supple Nappa leather and include 12-way power-adjustable driver and front-passenger seats (including four-way power lumbar) with two-mode ventilation and two-mode heated seats for both front and rear passengers. Specially selected Natural Pore Mocha or Pore Gray real wood trim is finished in a low-gloss to enhance the beauty of the wood.

On the exterior, the Chrysler luxury flagship replaces chromed fascia, mirror and door handle accents with a unique platinum chrome finish for an even more upscale look. Topping off the unique exterior is a platinum-chrome finished grille surround with platinum-chrome sculpted grille blades for a truly distinctive appearance (late availability).

Read more... (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/21/2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series-new-york-2011/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/02-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/03-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/04-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/05-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/06-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/07-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/08-2012-chrysler-300c-executive-series.jpg

Lord Cadillac
04-21-11, 09:11 PM
I thought the first generation 300C would have made a decent DeVille.. I think this makes an even nicer one.. It doesn't feel like all that long ago the first 300C came about and I wondered where Cadillac's version was.. Now here comes the second iteration and I'm still wondering.. If and when Cadillac does decide to get back in this game, Chrysler will be on their third generation. Lincoln has also bowed out of this arena and this leaves us with only Chrysler for a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan. I'm not exactly at peace with the exterior - but if Chrysler gives the Executive treatment to the SRT8 - which looks much nicer on the outside (besides the horrid grill), I'm be very impressed.. As mentioned before, the interior of the new 300C (I sat in the regular version) is very, very luxurious.. Hyundai certainly has their hands full with this car...

hueterm
04-21-11, 10:40 PM
The interior of this ROCKS a Genesis...

Lord Cadillac
04-21-11, 11:14 PM
I like the center stack of the Genesis better but this isn't far behind. Otherwise, I like the interior of the Chrysler.. Exterior-wise, I'll take the Genesis in anything but the SRT8.. Not that I feel the Genesis interior is cheap - it IS very nice - but the 300C feels more expensive - even in standard form.

V-Eight
04-22-11, 12:17 AM
Wow....Chrysler steppin' their game up. This is a pretty beautiful interior.

cadillac kevin
04-22-11, 01:07 AM
damn thats sharp. makes my cadillacs interior look like its out of a chevyota novarolla.

thebigjimsho
04-22-11, 01:20 AM
I thought the first generation 300C would have made a decent DeVille.. I think this makes an even nicer one.. It doesn't feel like all that long ago the first 300C came about and I wondered where Cadillac's version was.. Now here comes the second iteration and I'm still wondering.. If and when Cadillac does decide to get back in this game, Chrysler will be on their third generation. Lincoln has also bowed out of this arena and this leaves us with only Chrysler for a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan. I'm not exactly at peace with the exterior - but if Chrysler gives the Executive treatment to the SRT8 - which looks much nicer on the outside (besides the horrid grill), I'm be very impressed.. As mentioned before, the interior of the new 300C (I sat in the regular version) is very, very luxurious.. Hyundai certainly has their hands full with this car...The only thing Chrysler has is a car that's not out yet. The 300C was a good car. But the STS had a richer interior with more features. The DTS wasn't as good a car in the performance categories, but it bests the last 300 in features and interior appointments.

The 300 has almost zero market as a limo. And I'd dare to say it wasn't a good option for the upper level executive. The new one may be but until they stretch it, it won't be a viable option for limo duty.

ted tcb
04-22-11, 01:42 AM
Nice interior, very nice.

But, am I the only one not appreciating the hand sanded wood veneers?
They come across as very flat, almost like Chrysler went overboard ensuring that everyone
would realize they are using real wood.
Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a sealer coat, if nothing else but to help with UV damage.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-22-11, 01:50 AM
I'm extremely impressed. Chrysler has come very, very far in terms of interior design and quality of execution in even the last two years, much less the last five!

creeker
04-22-11, 01:58 AM
I have been considering a 300 for my next car, there is a lot of 2010's on the market that can be had for a good price,but the 2011 is supposed to be far superoir as far
as refinments go, mainly a much improved upscale interior, I haven't seen a 2011 in the flesh yet.

Aron9000
04-22-11, 05:09 AM
WOW that is nice. Still pissed off that the only large sedan at Cadillac is still the same unimpressive bullshit they've been selling since 1994.

Playdrv4me
04-22-11, 06:08 AM
Outside of the stupid blue toy gauge treatment and the lack of a leather and wood wheel and wood shift knob, I like it.

Jesda
04-22-11, 06:18 AM
Good to see wood steering wheels going away. After driving the PCH in the Seville today, I'm tempted to swap for an all leather one. When it comes to sporty driving, consistent contact with the wheel is important.

concorso
04-22-11, 11:43 AM
Heated rear seats. Hand stitched real leather dash. 4 way adjustable lumbar... High end leather used throughout. A V8 with optional AWD. These are luxury features the CTS should have, considering its a Cadillac. Everytime someone tries to put underglows on a CTS, the response is always "It's a Caddy..." Well, this is a Chrysler, and its more 'Caddy' then the CTS...

concorso
04-22-11, 11:50 AM
Good to see wood steering wheels going away. After driving the PCH in the Seville today, I'm tempted to swap for an all leather one. When it comes to sporty driving, consistent contact with the wheel is important.Not just sporty driving...safe driving as well. Its hard to do evasive maneuvers when theres a layer of sweat between your fingers and the wheel. Even tho it doesnt look as nice, the Escalade has the best use of a wood steering wheel, as the wood is only on the driver side of the wheel.

Rodya234
04-22-11, 12:32 PM
WOW that is nice. Still pissed off that the only large sedan at Cadillac is still the same unimpressive bullshit they've been selling since 1994.

More like 1985 :yawn:

chatsworth
04-22-11, 12:42 PM
Still wouldn't own another chrysler after the problems with my Magnum R/T. That said, it does look great.

Lord Cadillac
04-22-11, 01:01 PM
Supporting members get to use signatures. If you want to advertise your "Nashville SEO" and "unique gift basket" businesses, look into becoming an authorized vendor.

Thank you.

Still wouldn't own another chrysler after the problems with my Magnum R/T. That said, it does look great.

thebigjimsho
04-22-11, 10:30 PM
The XTS comes out in a little over a year, right? All the 300 is is a refresh. It is certainly nicer looking inside and I like the outside but everyone praising Chrysler and decrying Cadillac is just taking advantage of the timeline. Chrysler doesn't have anything new and groundbreaking while Cadillac is going to have an all-new car.

And this is from someone who really likes the 300...

77CDV
04-23-11, 01:01 AM
I like the looks of it, but Chysler will have to convince me that their mechanicals and electronics are up to par before I'd even consider it.

orconn
04-23-11, 01:06 AM
Sounds like Chrysler and Ford (if the Taurus is any example) need to really work on their transmissions. A little wood and leather frosting won't win any points if a $5000. transmission over haul is in the offing at 80,000. miles.

77CDV
04-23-11, 01:11 AM
See, that's precisely the sort of thing I don't want to be hearing!

Jesda
04-23-11, 01:40 AM
Timeline aside, we've already seen the XTS. Its pretty ugly. Unless Cadillac is changing it significantly from the "set for production" car they've been parading around the country, I'm not interested.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-23-11, 09:15 AM
I don't think it's ugly, but I'm just not interested in ever owning another FWD V-6 luxury car.

hueterm
04-23-11, 11:18 AM
The XTS comes out in a little over a year, right? All the 300 is is a refresh. It is certainly nicer looking inside and I like the outside but everyone praising Chrysler and decrying Cadillac is just taking advantage of the timeline. Chrysler doesn't have anything new and groundbreaking while Cadillac is going to have an all-new car.

And this is from someone who really likes the 300...

The inside of that XTS had better be automotive Nirvana, to make up for the fact that it only has a 6 cylinder. Somehow -- I'm not holding my breath...

Lord Cadillac
04-23-11, 01:37 PM
I think the inside of the XTS IS going to be excellent.. I don't think it's ugly on the outside - and I think it lights up nicely at night - but it's incredibly uninspiring to me otherwise. There's nothing about the exterior that makes we want to have it. It's boring. It pisses me off every time a media publication calls it Cadillac's flagship.

hueterm
04-23-11, 04:21 PM
No doubt... How much bigger is it going to be than the LaCrosse?

Lord Cadillac
04-23-11, 06:25 PM
No doubt... How much bigger is it going to be than the LaCrosse?

I don't know for sure but I'm told it'll be smaller than the DTS.

hueterm
04-23-11, 07:56 PM
What fail...

V-Eight
04-23-11, 08:00 PM
Yep. That flagship better come out soon...

Destroyer
04-23-11, 11:52 PM
Well, it's a Chrysler and unfortunately that means bad resale value but it can't be worse than almost any other luxury car. This one does look good and as a Mopar fan (well, I like ALL cars) I hope they finally got it right. I'd like to see Cadillac building cars like this. :cool:

orconn
04-24-11, 12:25 AM
The DTS and its' predecessor Deville were not exactly cars that one yearned for style wise, kind of won't embarrass you one way or the other at the club or in the church parking lot. But certainly nobody would rush to show them at a conours either. The new XTS seems destined to fall into the same category,; it will sell to those to whom the Cadillac name still is attractive and probably no one else. It will be a great deal, just like its' predecessors have been, as a used car daily driver, but won't bring any new to the brand buyers into the show room. In other words, more "hohum" from Cadillac, I might buy one used as a daily driver only because I can't find anything better ..... but it won't be with any enthusiasm or excitement on my part .... as the kids say, "yeah, whatever!"

Destroyer
04-24-11, 01:16 AM
I might buy one used as a daily driver only because I can't find anything better ..There seem to be MANY alternatives these days. :cool2:

Lord Cadillac
04-24-11, 11:54 AM
Don't worry. We should see it by around 2020.

Yep. That flagship better come out soon...

thebigjimsho
04-24-11, 08:01 PM
Decry GM if you like for showing cars well before they are scheduled to arrive. Did it with the Camaro. Did it with the Volt. The Camaro is outselling the Mustang(HUGE accomplishment) and the Volt is now on the market while the other plug-in hybrids aren't. I was at the NYIAS during media day and they had electric cars to drive. The Leaf was sitting there, idle. There wasn't that much of a line but ALL of it was waiting for the Volt. And you couldn't even drive, just ride. Chevy will not be able to produce enough Volts. Even with the high price, every metropolitan area will be loaded with them.

I don't think the XTS will have that sort of impact but just because they showed it 2 years before it will roll out doesn't mean a thing. Except snide remarks from car people. I think the interior will best anything made domestically and the exterior is very stately. You may not think groundbreaking, but I think it'll be class-leading...

Lord Cadillac
04-24-11, 11:17 PM
As far as I'm concerned - as well as plenty of other people - the Camaro is outselling the Mustang mainly because it's went away for eight years. Not because it's a better car. Send the Mustang away on vacation for eight years and see how many people will be clamoring for the Mustang over the Camaro.

thebigjimsho
04-24-11, 11:29 PM
As far as I'm concerned - as well as plenty of other people - the Camaro is outselling the Mustang mainly because it's went away for eight years. Not because it's a better car. Send the Mustang away on vacation for eight years and see how many people will be clamoring for the Mustang over the Camaro.
I don't think so. The Mustang is a great car. The Camaro is a great LOOKING car and a great car. It had been decades since the Camaro had outsold the Mustang. Being away does nothing for the right now...

Playdrv4me
04-25-11, 12:05 AM
I don't remember anyone "decrying" the Camaro to the point the XTS has been... Little quibbles here and there, but the XTS just seems to be a disappointment overall for its intended position.

orconn
04-25-11, 12:16 AM
I don't remember anyone "decrying" the Camaro to the point the XTS has been... Little quibbles here and there, but the XTS just seems to be a disappointment overall for its intended position.

Uh, yeah!

Lord Cadillac
04-25-11, 12:40 AM

I agree...

I don't think so. The Mustang is a great car. The Camaro is a great LOOKING car and a great car. It had been decades since the Camaro had outsold the Mustang. Being away does nothing for the right now...

You really feel that the Camaro being unavailable for eight years has nothing to do with it selling more than the Mustang for the first time in decades? I think you're letting your personal opinion that the Mustang is a "great car" but not a "great looking car" get in the way of your judgement. There are probably just as many people who feel the Mustang is a "great looking car" while the Camaro is just a "great car".

I am ALWAYS absolutely incorrect. I just wanted to throw this crazy idea out there.

thebigjimsho
04-25-11, 12:46 AM
Of course many will like the Stang's looks better. But the Camaro is in a league of its own.

thebigjimsho
04-25-11, 12:52 AM
And what do you know about it? What does anyone really know about it? Sal keeps calling it a Lexus ES fighter but I've heard it's bigger than a LaCrosse, bigger than a Lucerne, smaller than a Lucerne, bigger than the current DTS. What is it? Will it be just V6 power or turbo V6? AWD? GM has given us a little bit. All else I've seen is threads on what it could be in this forum. I've been to the last 2 NY shows and the past Chicago and there is no XTS.

So, hate all you guys want. There are few cars GM and Cadillac have rolled out lately that I haven't been impressed with. I'll trust GM to get it right in the 2+ years from concept to production. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Lord Cadillac
04-25-11, 01:16 AM
I've been very impressed with GM lately.. I like what they're doing with Chevy and Buick. It's not perfect but it's very good.. I hope they give the same attention to Cadillac - at least.. The XTS is going to be smaller than the DTS. It's not supposed to be a Lexus ES fighter but it's going to be whether anybody likes it or not. Both cars are going to have similar features with the edge going to the XTS. Both cars will have similar power with the edge going to the XTS. The XTS will be a bit larger but nobody but people counting inches is going to notice. The thing is, it's going to compete far more closely with the next generation Lexus ES than it will with the next generation Lexus LS. At initial release it is slated to use the 3.6 liter direct injected V6. No V8 and no turbo V6 as of right now. It's also supposed to reach showrooms as a FWD vehicle with AWD coming the following year - along with a possible hybrid.

And what do you know about it? What does anyone really know about it? Sal keeps calling it a Lexus ES fighter but I've heard it's bigger than a LaCrosse, bigger than a Lucerne, smaller than a Lucerne, bigger than the current DTS. What is it? Will it be just V6 power or turbo V6? AWD? GM has given us a little bit. All else I've seen is threads on what it could be in this forum. I've been to the last 2 NY shows and the past Chicago and there is no XTS.

So, hate all you guys want. There are few cars GM and Cadillac have rolled out lately that I haven't been impressed with. I'll trust GM to get it right in the 2+ years from concept to production. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Destroyer
04-25-11, 01:41 AM
As an owner of many Mustangs and Camaro's I was eagerly awaiting the current Camaro. IMO though, it just doesn't look good despite all the kudos it gets here. The rear is just plain ugly. The Mustang never took a vacation and the current one is a better performer and looker than the Camaro IMO so I am caught by surprise that the Camaro is selling better. I personally would buy a new GT Mustang over a Camaro but Chevy still has me as I would own a newer Z06 over both. :cool2:

Jesda
04-25-11, 05:55 AM
The Camaro got Transformers. The Mustang got that shitty Knight Rider remake. I prefer the Mustang, but I completely understand why the horsepower-bang-for-your-buck Camaro is so popular, and I give little credit to its absence.

Concepts tend to get worse from concept to production due to the realities of costs, time, and consumer needs, so I'm not hopeful for the XTS.

V-Eight
04-25-11, 11:03 AM

I agree with this as well as the fact that in the beginning, it was a faster car. Although now that the 5.0 is out, that is not so.

thebigjimsho
04-25-11, 02:06 PM
I've been very impressed with GM lately.. I like what they're doing with Chevy and Buick. It's not perfect but it's very good.. I hope they give the same attention to Cadillac - at least.. The XTS is going to be smaller than the DTS. It's not supposed to be a Lexus ES fighter but it's going to be whether anybody likes it or not. Both cars are going to have similar features with the edge going to the XTS. Both cars will have similar power with the edge going to the XTS. The XTS will be a bit larger but nobody but people counting inches is going to notice. The thing is, it's going to compete far more closely with the next generation Lexus ES than it will with the next generation Lexus LS. At initial release it is slated to use the 3.6 liter direct injected V6. No V8 and no turbo V6 as of right now. It's also supposed to reach showrooms as a FWD vehicle with AWD coming the following year - along with a possible hybrid.
I just want to see it in the flesh or at least see some hard specs on it, tis all.

Lord Cadillac
04-25-11, 03:13 PM
I hear ya. So do I. If this is going to be the next "big" Cadillac to hold us off until the real one - then I really want to know more. Ultimately I want something with real road presence, power, comfort and luxury amenities for me and my passengers. The only thing the XTS will be missing, for me, is power - and maybe road presence during the day.

orconn
04-25-11, 03:40 PM
I hear ya. So do I. If this is going to be the next "big" Cadillac to hold us off until the real one - then I really want to know more. Ultimately I want something with real road presence, power, comfort and luxury amenities for me and my passengers. The only thing the XTS will be missing, for me, is power - and maybe road presence during the day.

Am I missing somehing? What exactly is this cars "road presence" at night?

gothicaleigh
04-25-11, 03:58 PM
...needs an estate/wagon/avant version.

...and who buys Cadillac for anything other than the CTS or Escalade anymore? (no one who matters, that's who :p )

Lord Cadillac
04-25-11, 05:16 PM
It lights up very nicely at night.. It gets noticed.

Am I missing somehing? What exactly is this cars "road presence" at night?

Aron9000
04-26-11, 03:42 AM
...needs an estate/wagon/avant version.

...and who buys Cadillac for anything other than the CTS or Escalade anymore? (no one who matters, that's who :p )

Don't forget the SRX crossover. Although I think that is more style than mechanical substance, but people buying that type of vehicle generally don't care how it performs. As long as its stylish, rides nice, has a nice interior, has a lot of space, and gets good gas mileage you're golden in the crossover segment.

Still though, that's the difference between Cadillac vs Audi, BMW, Benz, and Lexus. All of those luxury makes offer a FULL range of crossovers, SUV's, sedans, coupes, convertibles, and sports cars. Hell Audi even sells a car I'd rather own than a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Maserati.

Jesda
04-26-11, 04:22 AM
SRX is quite an unexpected hit.

Lord Cadillac
04-26-11, 11:07 AM
While I feel the perfect SRX would be the current styling on the old platform (RWD, V8), the people that buy this type of vehicle are perfectly satisfied with it. It does what it intends to do very well. I'll be happy to see the weaker engine go away.

thebigjimsho
04-26-11, 01:13 PM
Don't forget the SRX crossover. Although I think that is more style than mechanical substance, but people buying that type of vehicle generally don't care how it performs. As long as its stylish, rides nice, has a nice interior, has a lot of space, and gets good gas mileage you're golden in the crossover segment.

Still though, that's the difference between Cadillac vs Audi, BMW, Benz, and Lexus. All of those luxury makes offer a FULL range of crossovers, SUV's, sedans, coupes, convertibles, and sports cars. Hell Audi even sells a car I'd rather own than a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Maserati.Cadillac should bring back the crossover that used to be known as the SRX and build it on the Sigma II platform and make it only fully loaded and only high/higher performance. Like an X6. How about the ZRX? Drop in an LS3 and an LSA as options.

thebigjimsho
04-26-11, 01:16 PM
SRX is quite an unexpected hit.
Not surprised at all. The Lexus RS has been a heaping pile o crap for years. Cadillac got rid of the awesome platform, taut handling and more than adequate power and the fawners came in droves.

Give me a previous gen SRX with a N* and huge moonroof and I'd be happy as a clam...

Lord Cadillac
04-26-11, 01:22 PM
The first generation SRX wasn't attractive to women. The second generation is. The price came down as well.. These are the main reasons it's selling better than the original SRX. The interior is also a huge improvement. Vehicles like this (made for women (as far as I'm concerned)) don't need a lot of power. Women don't care who's vehicle is faster.

thebigjimsho
04-26-11, 01:35 PM
The first generation SRX wasn't attractive to women. The second generation is. The price came down as well.. These are the main reasons it's selling better than the original SRX. The interior is also a huge improvement. Vehicles like this (made for women (as far as I'm concerned)) don't need a lot of power. Women don't care who's vehicle is faster.
Oh, I know. And I'm happy Cadillac dropped the Sigma platform to make it cheaper. Vehicles like the new SRX help pay for cars like my CTS-V. It's just not nearly as good a vehicle overall. It's how Lexus gets by, so...

Lord Cadillac
04-26-11, 03:07 PM
I liked the first generation SRX - but I'm a guy - so I'm supposed to. It was sized right, had good power and looked masculine. To me, it was a good competitor to the BMW X5. Now the X5 moved forward and, to me, the SRX moved backward - but it's selling more, so...

Oh, I know. And I'm happy Cadillac dropped the Sigma platform to make it cheaper. Vehicles like the new SRX help pay for cars like my CTS-V. It's just not nearly as good a vehicle overall. It's how Lexus gets by, so...

thebigjimsho
04-26-11, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTTVkh6NX50

gothicaleigh
04-26-11, 04:14 PM
Women don't care who's vehicle is faster.

My grocery getter versus your jacked up soccer mom van. Now.

Lord Cadillac
04-26-11, 05:30 PM
Haha! I know. Not ALL women don't care about performance.. But generally...... And are you sure I'm not hiding a special grocery getter of my own? :p

My grocery getter versus your jacked up soccer mom van. Now.

thebigjimsho
04-26-11, 09:43 PM
My V gets groceries very well, thank you very much...

concorso
04-28-11, 03:50 PM
My V gets groceries very well, thank you very much...I bet the icecream never has a chance to melt! :)

thebigjimsho
04-28-11, 08:37 PM
aight, bet!