: When should I expect my V?

JohnnySpagz
04-21-11, 06:42 PM
Hey everyone - have a question. I ordered my V Coupe on March 12th and was built on March 30th. I thought that it would arrive at the dealer in about 2 weeks, however I am still waiting for it. Does anyone know the average delivery time to the East Coast (New Jersey)?

Thanks!

serturbo
04-21-11, 07:17 PM
Wow, yours got built pretty quick. I'm in negotiations with my local dealer and he says I won't be able to take delivery until June/July if I order now. If that's the case, I'm better off waiting until year end closeouts.

Caddy Wagon
04-21-11, 07:22 PM
<<<Ordered March 2nd, Built March 25th.

<<<Still waiting for delivery. The car has been at a rail yard in Arkansas for the last few weeks waiting on a truck ride from there to the dealer. The delivery time is taking longer than the build time!

nobody99
04-21-11, 07:53 PM
Mine was built April 6th. I've been getting frustrated with the wait I've had, guess I've probably got a bit longer then from the sounds of the wait you guys have had.

Most people have said to expect it to take 10-21 days for it to get delivered after 3800 status. However, we're dealing with the perfect storm. Allied, one of the major car-carrier companies went on strike last month and caused a backlog of cars to be delivered by. Thousands of cars were waiting to be delivered by truck to trains or from trains because of it. Then I read an article on the WSJ talking about a rail-car shortage. Can't post links yet since I haven't posted enough here but entering "rail woes" into the search box at wsj dot com if you want to read that.

Joy.

The lease on my old car is up May 9th. Dealership promised me a loaner if my car hadn't shown up by then, but I was hoping to not have to take them up on that offer.

Oh yeah, I'm in Charlotte, NC. Different areas of the country are dealing with different train companies and different local car-carriers, but they all seem to be swamped.