: Bad Week

renegaderob18
04-21-11, 10:15 AM
I just had my check engine light come on while I was driving so I did the diagnostics and pulled code 36: Distrigutor ignition system (faulty high resolution pulse or extra low resolution pulse detected.) What excactley does this mean. Once I shut the car off for three min to run into the store and the started the car up the check engine light went out and there was no code. Can anyone help with this?

Stingroo
04-21-11, 10:38 AM
Sounds like it's tune up time.

outsider
04-21-11, 10:55 AM
yeah, and unfortunately the opti-sparks are not easy to change out!

I might have my mechanic do it for me while I'm gone to Vegas.

renegaderob18
04-21-11, 02:31 PM
I didn't think it would be a tune up cause it seems to be running perfect. There is no shimmy or shake while sitting at a red light or anything like that. It seems to actually be idling like a newer car. It's smooth.

Stingroo
04-21-11, 02:40 PM
Check the RWD FAQ and clear your codes with the procedure listed there and then go for a drive. See if the code comes back.

csbuckn
04-21-11, 02:42 PM
Maybe moisture in the opti. Any rain lately?

HUF
04-21-11, 03:09 PM
I just had my check engine light come on while I was driving so I did the diagnostics and pulled code 36: Distrigutor ignition system (faulty high resolution pulse or extra low resolution pulse detected.) What excactley does this mean. Once I shut the car off for three min to run into the store and the started the car up the check engine light went out and there was no code. Can anyone help with this?

There is vent harness attached to the opti. Pull a vacuum hose attached to a blue elbow stuck to the air intake. Plug the elbow with your finger and the hose with another finger. In about a MINUTE vacuum should build up to some 18-20" Hg. You can feel it, but wait for at least a minute. A vacuum gauge would be helpful.
Check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFCjaz6zHfcout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwDuoebEAJE&feature=related

renegaderob18
04-21-11, 03:34 PM
Yes it was wet from light rain and mist for about 4 hours or so today. Like I said the light came on for 5 min or so til I got to the store this morning and then when I left it had not come back on and the code was gone. I since drove it about 4 miles at lunch time and it did not come back on either. Does this sometimes happen and its nothing to worry about or is it a sign of something I need to take care of and fix asap?