: Genius that I am:Ambient lighting

mrl859
04-20-11, 10:59 PM
As we all know, the ambient lighting on the V Coupe does not include floor lighting. Very disappointing as my SRX has it and my GT500 had it (you could change the coloring in the GT500, but that's another story). I see that one of the few Cadillac accessories available for the V Coupe is floor ambient lighting. I order the kit as it applies to the TSQ build code only (ambient lighting). I get the kit, read how others on these boards have done it in five minutes, remove the screws, and find no connectors as listed. I tear out the glove box and far left dash panel, breaking only one piece of plastic and popping apart only one switch along the way. I find the wiring to the factory ambient lighting and decide I'll just wire my kit in directly. By now, it's dark and I'm tired so I put the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in the garage and call it a night. I then decide to call Cadillac and find out why my car was misbuilt! Having been in the dealership service industry for 33 years, I was quite indignant (but polite):mad2:. I had to drop the call as I needed to help a customer. While waiting to call them back, I went to Cadillac's accessory site to prove to her that I should have that wiring. Lo and behold, right there in print, I find "WITHOUT TSQ"! DOH!!! A: Don't confuse me with the facts. B: I'm an idiot. C: Why in the world would you be able to add it to a vehicle not so equipped, but not be able to add to a vehicle with ambient lighting???? What the heck, Yo? So I'll wire it in, glue and tape my car back together, and wear a bag over my head.:duh: Rant officially over.....for now.

whytediamond
04-20-11, 11:27 PM
Im with you on this one, it advertises it as an accessorie so that means you should be able to install it with no problems. Also it lists a price of around 120 for the fronts, installed. Is this only 2009? I also am interested in this but wondering if I have the wiring in my 2010? It should say on the accessorie page if your vehicle is not included....you may have an arguement in that regard, try and get them to install it?

baabootoo
04-21-11, 12:27 AM
You take out the 4? screws, drop the dash panels, and see if the female plugs are there. The writeup here had pictures and was easy for even me! :)

mrl859
04-21-11, 12:54 AM
Im with you on this one, it advertises it as an accessorie so that means you should be able to install it with no problems. Also it lists a price of around 120 for the fronts, installed. Is this only 2009? I also am interested in this but wondering if I have the wiring in my 2010? It should say on the accessorie page if your vehicle is not included....you may have an arguement in that regard, try and get them to install it?I'm sorry. Maybe I was unclear. If I'd read the notes correctly, I'd have seen it wasn't compatible with my car. While it's a shame they aren't equipped like that from the factory, and can't be added, this one's on me not Cadillac.

whytediamond
04-21-11, 01:03 AM
I'm sorry. Maybe I was unclear. If I'd read the notes correctly, I'd have seen it wasn't compatible with my car. While it's a shame they aren't equipped like that from the factory, and can't be added, this one's on me not Cadillac.

Ya, i checked it as well, just wondering whats TSQ? It is under accessories for the CTS V and dont all V's have the ambient lighting? If so and it's not avail for cars with the ambient lighting why would they list it under accessories for the V? Sorry if this is confusing but im tired and sick.

mrl859
04-21-11, 01:10 AM
Ya, i checked it as well, just wondering whats TSQ? It is under accessories for the CTS V and dont all V's have the ambient lighting? If so and it's not avail for cars with the ambient lighting why would they list it under accessories for the V? Sorry if this is confusing but im tired and sick.TSQ is a build option code. My car has it. I guess some must not? Hope you feel better soon.