: 1995 fleetwood trunk pull down nightmare..also power trunk does not work

815moto
04-20-11, 08:25 PM
I have a 95 fleetwood and Im having trunk pull down issues. I went with the first thought and bought the paddle switch. That still didnt work. So I bought a whole new pulldown assembly from cadillac for $250. Still didnt work. Then I bought a new acuator. Its still not working. What gremlins do I have??? Please help. My trunk doesnt like the water.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
04-20-11, 08:47 PM
the latch also has a lever on it., make sure your getting power to the motor. could be a fuse or broken wire.

for my 95, i eliminated the pull down assembly all together for showing off purposes. i have 2 linear actuators to lift and lower my trunk at will

HUF
04-20-11, 10:13 PM
the latch also has a lever on it., make sure your getting power to the motor. could be a fuse or broken wire.

for my 95, i eliminated the pull down assembly all together for showing off purposes. i have 2 linear actuators to lift and lower my trunk at will
The way to go. As soon as mine acts up, I'll disable it. Absolutely useless feature which can leave your trunk half open when it rains. Besides, I am really tired of all of my friends slamming the trunk lid without knowing it is "automatic." :( Some of them do that even when you warn them; they just do not understand what you mean....

815moto
04-20-11, 10:18 PM
I checked the fuses and they are all good. I might try to replace the small switch on top of the trunk latch. If its not that, what else could it be? Is there a module or something. My pop trunk does not work either.

turbojimmy
04-20-11, 10:44 PM
Absolutely useless feature which can leave your trunk half open when it rains.

I went through the trouble of fixing mine. It works great. Trunk still leaks. It's still a neat feature, though.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
04-20-11, 10:59 PM
nothing was wrong with mine i just took it out so i could install the actuators. its hard to say without being there but you may have to trace the wires from one end of the car to the other.

the way that lock works when the lever on the decklid lock is pushed up, it pulls the trunk pulldown down, when the padel on the pulldown is pushed down with the lever, it cuts power...id say check that lever

thefleetwoodguy
04-20-11, 11:25 PM
look for a broken wire (s)
at the trunk hinge drivers side
there is a plug there
you may find a couple broken wires
also before buying a bunch
of parts, get a test light and continuity checker
it will make your life a lot easier!
www.thefleetwoodguy.com

815moto
04-20-11, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=thefleetwoodguy;2568659]look for a broken wire (s)
there is a plug there

Yeah, I know throwing parts at it always doesnt fix the problem, But with rain on the way and when you have 30 mins before the dealer closes you have to do what you have to do.

turbojimmy
04-21-11, 07:13 AM
Here's the diagnostic chart. Like most, it ends with "replace such-and-such part". Since you've replaced all of the parts, you might have some success in following the steps. I followed it to the end and found my paddle switch was bad. I disassembled it, cleaned it and reassembled it. So far it continues to work (knock on wood).

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/pulldown_diagnostic.jpg

Jim

815moto
04-21-11, 10:52 PM
look for a broken wire (s)
there is a plug there
]

And you sir are the man!! Broken black wire. Thanks.

thefleetwoodguy
04-21-11, 11:29 PM
And you sir are the man!! Broken black wire. Thanks.

:cool2:

ricoshooters
05-23-11, 07:14 PM
Wd40 on the latch that comes up and grabs the trunk closed. Then, with a screwdriver, tap it, lift it a tad and it will come back up.

csbuckn
05-23-11, 09:04 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing this, you got any pictures?

CadillacPimpinNOLA
05-23-11, 11:31 PM
ill snap some tommorow for ya

CadillacPimpinNOLA
05-24-11, 01:08 PM
trunk is a lil messy as im running wires and customizing the trunk as we speak.

notice no latch at all

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-05-24114258.jpg

there is an identical actuator on the other hing also. pulls down even

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-05-24114319.jpg

GrahamH
06-28-11, 10:59 AM
I have a 1995 FLB and the previous owner disabled the trunk pull down. I'm not sure what he did, but it was able to be opened "manually" with the key. Now it won't open at all. How can I open the trunk to fix the problem? Any and all advice would be appreciated.

csbuckn
06-28-11, 01:13 PM
if it doesnt open at all, you'll probably have to take out the back seats and get in there, unbolt the whole latch assembly.

paulbarry
07-14-14, 06:29 PM
can you please tell me how to eliminate the pull down or how to find out how please?