: Holy m-fer batman whose car did I buy?

jojipoji
04-20-11, 08:43 PM
Let me start off by saying that the car has been awesome and it's by far the nicest car I have ever owned. I brought my car in for the rear tie rod recall and since I didn't have the certified warrantee paperwork from the selling dealership i asked the local dealership if indeed it was certified used. He printed out a sheet that stated that the car was indeed certified used but it also included the service history and it showed:

That the ground terminal was replaced
Driver side door trim was replaced
Tire sensor replaced
Rear view mirror replaced
Sunroof drain was inspected and cleaned
The oil pan was replaced
A wheel was replaced
The front rotor was refinished
Another tire sensor was replaced
Another wheel was replaced
Differential fluid was changed
Fuse was replaced
SUPERCHARGER was replaced
Another tire sensor replaced

I don't know if the owner was neurotic but man did I buy a certified used lemon? The car only had 14k on it when I bought it. It now has 26 and no major problems yet.

Caddy Wagon
04-20-11, 08:50 PM
Maybe they took care of all the bugs, and it will be trouble free from here on out. The SC was probably replaced due to the rattling noise the isolator makes sometimes.

dvandentop
04-20-11, 10:58 PM
sounds like a whiners car if it had that many issues 1

baabootoo
04-21-11, 12:30 AM
It sounds like someone who didn't care about it and kept smashing into curbs all the time.

Tony407
04-21-11, 02:11 AM
I disagree. It sounds like someone really cared about the car. Who has their rear diff fluid changed? People like us that really care about their car and who either checked and saw the fluid was low (like some of us have experienced) or wanted synthetic put in.

The tire sensors, rotor and wheel problems might be related.

Several of the other problems have been issues we've all bitched about. Some of us have been less fortunate than others. I'm currently working on a list of things wrong with my V (nothing major) that I want addressed, but I don't want to take the car in each and every time so I'm lumping them together.

Tony

e6t
04-21-11, 11:00 AM
i wish all that had been done to my car prior to buying it... if so, i wouldnt be screwing with it now!

vseries
04-24-11, 11:45 PM
is it red? I remember when I was looking there was a car with a laundry list of repairs , the thread can probably be found on here still

jojipoji
04-24-11, 11:58 PM
My car is a sedan black 6 speed with recaro and nav

RippyPartsDept
04-24-11, 11:59 PM
or wanted synthetic put in.

i could be wrong, but isn't the stock fluid synthetic? i'm pretty sure it is