: South Coast Caddy Experience

SRTVIPER03
04-20-11, 08:32 PM
I swear...the US is the only country that can screw up a service economy. I am this close to pulling the trigger on a V wagon and wanted to order one from the store closest to my home in Huntington Beach CA. I went to South Coast armed with all the research and info from you all on the forum. The Sales Manager named RJ was as rude as could be and told me that when people order cars they usually pay sticker or more. Obviously I disagreed and said the market shows i should be looking at preferred pricing and possibly lower for an ordered car. He said that he wouldn't go any lower than invoice and that I was wasting his time. I left him in mid sentence.

If any dealer wants to make an offer to sell me a V Wagon at a price consistent with those on the forum, feel free to send me a PM. I'm looking for Black Diamond with a stick and all options possibly except the black wood.

Andy
Andy

elphil
04-20-11, 08:45 PM
Someone, a few weeks ago, said they felt like they got a good deal at Allen Cadillac in Laguna Nigel.

Caddy Wagon
04-20-11, 08:47 PM
Invoice is only a few hundred more than preferred pricing.

DoingOK
04-20-11, 09:57 PM
Contact James Quinn at Les Stanford. You won't be disappointed.

Jeff_J
04-20-11, 10:38 PM
I swear...the US is the only country that can screw up a service economy. I am this close to pulling the trigger on a V wagon and wanted to order one from the store closest to my home in Huntington Beach CA. I went to South Coast armed with all the research and info from you all on the forum. The Sales Manager named RJ was as rude as could be and told me that when people order cars they usually pay sticker or more. Obviously I disagreed and said the market shows i should be looking at preferred pricing and possibly lower for an ordered car. He said that he wouldn't go any lower than invoice and that I was wasting his time. I left him in mid sentence.

If any dealer wants to make an offer to sell me a V Wagon at a price consistent with those on the forum, feel free to send me a PM. I'm looking for Black Diamond with a stick and all options possibly except the black wood.

Andy
Andy

I had a very similar experience in Phoenix, AZ. Ultimately went out-of-state to buy the car. I probably will not even return to the closest Phoenix-area dealer for service. If they were going to be overpriced on sales, I suspect their service will be overpriced as well. Now, if there is any warrany work, well, that's between the dealer and GM.

Caddy Wagon
04-20-11, 10:47 PM

x2, outstanding guy to work with.

jb_bgg
04-21-11, 03:11 AM
Second on Allen Cadillac in OC; PM me for details.

hlantin
04-21-11, 11:50 AM
allen cadillac..ask for ben or cameron. they'll take care of you..

GM-4-LIFE
04-21-11, 03:31 PM

X3. Best Cadillac experience, EVER!!! Once you go to James at Les Stanford, you will never go elsewhere!

The best price and the fastest build time I have EVER seen in all my years buying GM vehicles!

mrl859
04-21-11, 04:02 PM
Someone, a few weeks ago, said they felt like they got a good deal at Allen Cadillac in Laguna Nigel.That was me. I saved beacoup on an internet special there. Contact Cameron, Rod, or Don Lucarelli at allen. Also, honrable mention to Ramiro Perez at Paradise Cadillac in Temecula. He worked very hard for me, came very close to matching Allen's price, and even confirmed how good a deal I got at Allen.

SRTVIPER03
04-24-11, 12:30 AM
Well I went to Allen and none of those recommended were there. I was told that 2011 orders were closed and there are no wagons are within 1500 miles. I also left 2 messages for James Quinn but haven't heard back. Thanks for your help but it's not looking like a v wagon is in my future.

elphil
04-24-11, 03:29 PM
Well I went to Allen and none of those recommended were there. I was told that 2011 orders were closed and there are no wagons are within 1500 miles. I also left 2 messages for James Quinn but haven't heard back. Thanks for your help but it's not looking like a v wagon is in my future.

This is off today's web of Legends Cadillac in Scottsdale AZ. (under used cars)
http://lklserver.com/carmaker/enlargephoto4.cfm?STOCKNO=P1598&colorname=RED&view=1&dlr=legends&vin=1G6DV8EP2B0139303

SRTVIPER03
04-24-11, 11:23 PM
Thanks elphil. I wonder what the story is with a 63 mile used car. Also a price of $68k is pretty high based on what I'm reading here on the forum.

Caddy Wagon
04-25-11, 12:00 AM
...I wonder what the story is with a 63 mile used car. Also a price of $68k is pretty high based on what I'm reading here on the forum.

Might have been a GM Event vehicle. I have seen a few of those for sale with less than 100 miles on them. And yes $68k is high. I paid way less for my brand new Vagon with all options but the sunroof.

SRTVIPER03
04-25-11, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the Reply caddy wagon. I tried to sen a pm but they are disabled for new members. Can I ask what you paid and from what dealer?

Caddy Wagon
04-25-11, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the Reply caddy wagon. I tried to sen a pm but they are disabled for new members. Can I ask what you paid and from what dealer?

Go to the GM Supplier pricing page and build your vehicle.

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/GMFamilyFirst.byo?priceformula=SU

I paid supplier pricing minus the $3000 factory to dealer cash that is being offered right now. I paid about $64k after it was all said and done. I bought it from James Quinn at Les Stanford Chevrolet/Cadillac in Michigan. It was shipped to a dealer local to me for delivery. Here is his contact info. Email or call him and tell him Shawn from Arkansas sent you his direction.

James C. Quinn
Les Stanford Chevrolet-Cadillac
313.724.1430 Direct
James_Quinn@lesstanford.com

MReiland
04-25-11, 10:35 AM
I tried a nationwide search and couldn't locate a 2011 Black Diamond Wagon Stick or Automatic on a lot right now. There are Black Raven's but your only option would probably be to order. I also PM'd you.

SRTVIPER03
04-25-11, 10:58 AM
Thanks Matt. I got your pm but can't reply. I appreciate and accept your offer on the supplier code. If you can locate a car for that price I will buy it. The dealers I've been talking to just don't seem to want to work that hard on a sale and I don't understand it.

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 11:34 AM
you can reply now, after ten posts you get PM privileges

... Also, you can try and contact my sales guys
see 800 number in my signature or our ad cube on the right ----->

RC51V2
04-25-11, 05:34 PM
I had very similar experiences trying to buy my V-Wagon in So Cal. Just took delivery about a month ago. Allen did nothing for me and wouldn't deal. Tried 4 or 5 different dealers. Most of them wouldn't allow a test drive and they refused to deal at all. Attitude was ridiculous. Like I was wasting their time. Just about to quit and someone suggested trying Autoland through my credit union. I did and was very happy. Came from some dealer in the desert but who cares, I never went there or saw them. Great price, just a few hundred over invoice. No problems on ordering it exactly how I wanted. Didn't have to deal with the dealer at all. Don't give up.....I almost did and boy am I glad I did not. It was worth all the hassle. Great great car. Best I have ever had. Love it.

SRTVIPER03
04-25-11, 11:03 PM
I spoke with several dealers today including James Quinn. Not 1 manual available in the US and no Blk Diamond or white wagons at all. No more orders for 2011s and not taking orders for 2012 until June with delivery in August. They sure don't make it easy to buy a car! Thanks again for your help. I will see how I feel in June and decide then if I don't buy something else.*
Andy

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 11:50 PM
SRTVIPER03... what about low mileage CPO vehicles? basically a new car, but that way you get a 6yr-100k bumper to bumper

GM-4-LIFE
04-26-11, 12:04 AM
James doesn't work weekends, but if you email him, he answers pretty much 24/7.

If anyone can work magic, it's James. Should you choose to go with James, he will blow you away with what he is able to do. I have personally seen him do stuff at GM that I never knew was possible in all my years buying GM vehicles.

SRTVIPER03
04-26-11, 12:11 AM
Vtwin yes. We spent about an hour on the phone and he contacted GM and ran some searches. No success.
Chris I would consider a low mile used wagon but locating one may be hard since the Vs just came out and I'd prefer a manual.

Caddy Wagon
04-26-11, 12:22 AM
James got this built for me. He went up the GM chain to get the approval to have mine built in a non-order able combo.

Excuse the crummy cell phone pic, it's all I had at the time after driving home in the storms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/lrc4x4/AR/CTS-V/IMAG0227-picsay2.jpg

Teutonaddict
04-26-11, 12:36 AM
James got this built for me.

Simply stunning. Congrats!!!

e6t
04-26-11, 12:39 AM
heres a BDT wagon in Denver...

http://www.rickenbaughcadillac.com/VehicleDetails/new-2011-Cadillac-CTS_V_Wagon-6.2L_SC_V8-Denver-CO/1031703343

RippyPartsDept
04-26-11, 12:46 AM
i think dealers can locate any car on any lot - i think
i'll ask my sales guys for you if you want
(you want a Vagon in black raven, manual trans, and as many options as possible, right?)

MReiland, did you already do a used car search also? or were you just looking at new inventory?

SRTVIPER03
04-26-11, 01:13 AM
E6t thanks. I'll followup on that one in Denver tomorrow.
Chris matt did a search and came up short as did James Quinn.

SRTVIPER03
04-26-11, 01:15 AM
Caddy Wagon that car is gorgeous!

You guys on this forum are fantastic!

dvandentop
04-26-11, 01:28 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-We-finance-2011-CTS-V-WAGON-BLACK-DIAMOND-6-2L-Special-Edition-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem484024086dQQitemZ31031 3748589QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

GM-4-LIFE
04-26-11, 02:01 AM
Looks like there may be a couple black diamond wagons out there, but be prepared to pay MSRP or more. A lot of stealerships think they have a product that will never be built again. If you can, wait for a 2012 Wagon and that way you can get Rainsense and Blind Spot Zone alert.

mrl859
04-26-11, 02:17 AM
So I'm guessing you contacted Allen, but not Paradise? Contact Ramiro Perez at Paradise.

che_socal
04-26-11, 03:02 AM
I just have to say that reading these threads and seeing actual GM people (like e.g. MReiland) helping out on the forums is really cool!

Not that you non-GM people aren't helpful - you know what I mean! :D

Domsz06
04-26-11, 09:13 AM

Andy
Andy

I had similar issues with all dealers in Cali. Kinda part of the reason I feel cali is still so far in debt. They can't realize that they are the coolest anymore....

Gary Wells
04-26-11, 09:30 AM
Reepublik of Kali sucks, pure & simple. Take it from a car, motorcycle, & gun enthusiast. If I had enough $$ to move and survive for a while, I would do it in a heartbeat. Sorry for the rant but that's the way that it is out here.

GM-4-LIFE
04-26-11, 11:28 AM
Reepublik of Kali sucks, pure & simple. Take it from a car, motorcycle, & gun enthusiast. If I had enough $$ to move and survive for a while, I would do it in a heartbeat. Sorry for the rant but that's the way that it is out here.

Same here! If wasn't born and raised here in L.A. and had all my family and friends here, I would have been gone ages ago! Most likely to Texas.

RippyPartsDept
04-26-11, 11:53 AM
So my sales guys are telling me that we can't search other dealers' used inventory like we do the new inventory... sorry if I had got your hopes up...

SRTVIPER03
04-26-11, 11:57 PM
Well with the help of you guys and this forum I think I found my wagon! One member helped with preferred pricing and believe it or not James Quinn from Les Stanford found me a Black Diamond Wagon at another dealer that hasn't even been delivered yet and passed me the lead. Talk about class.
We haven't signed the deal yet but we hope finish up in the next few days. I'll keep you posted and let you know how the dealer does. Thanks again to you all and I hope I can do the same for someone else!
Andy

Caddy Wagon
04-27-11, 12:12 AM
Congrats! Hope it all goes well. :cool2:

SRTVIPER03
05-03-11, 09:47 AM
I wanted to let you all know that the fleet manager from Keyes Woodland Hills (Brian Roberts (LA guys might remember him K EARTH 101 DJ)) delivered my BD Wagon last night. It has all I wanted except the manual. I hope I like the auto. Thank you all for helping make this happen. What a great bunch of guys you are!

Gary Wells
05-03-11, 10:34 AM
Congratulations on your purchase. Even though a tune could violate certain conditions and aspects of your warranty, it will make all of the difference in the automatic tranny. Not necessarily suggesting that, just saying.

GM-4-LIFE
05-03-11, 08:27 PM
I wanted to let you all know that the fleet manager from Keyes Woodland Hills (Brian Roberts (LA guys might remember him K EARTH 101 DJ)) delivered my BD Wagon last night. It has all I wanted except the manual. I hope I like the auto. Thank you all for helping make this happen. What a great bunch of guys you are!

CONGRATS! Keyes actually had that car in stock? Maybe we can meet up! I would love to see the V Wagon in the BD edition.

Gary Wells
05-03-11, 10:00 PM
There was one at Cars & Coffee - Irvine on 04-16-2011 that was 1 day old from San Diego area, I believe. I mentioned this forum to him but I have not seen a new SD area name since then. Those are very heavy on the metal flake. Wear your shades. Twas a very beautiful car.

SRTVIPER03
05-04-11, 10:05 AM
V-twin I would enjoy meeting up with you. I live in Huntington Beach. What about you? I'll be heading out to the CA Speedway on Sat for a Viper Club event. I'll have the car there. Why don't you come by and I'll introduce you to some interesting Viper guys.
No they didn't have it in stock. When I was searching for a car I contacted James Quinn at Stanford he actually found that it was ordered by Woodland Hills and was in transit. I called them and bought it by phone before it landed. It arrived Saturday night and the dealer delivered it Monday To me at home.