: best way to black out the taillights

rickpump76
04-20-11, 05:19 PM
spray painting inside, tinted or ?

When I had 2009 M3, my tint guy tinted the lights and it looked fantastic. But just want to know if I should go in that route again or another way.

Rick

11 CTV-S Cpe | AT | BB Exhausts | Eiback Springs | 20% tint | D3 Intake |

PhxTriode
04-20-11, 07:25 PM
Interested to see the responses, I have been considering both options

musclesbmf
04-21-11, 12:39 AM
Mine and KILLR-V's are both tinted. There are pics posted somewhere around here.

Mark

fasterthanrays
04-21-11, 06:35 PM
Curious. Do they use one sheet per light or do they have to cut them up. I might attempt this myself. I don't want to use spray just in case I don't like it (or get pulled over).

musclesbmf
04-21-11, 06:43 PM
there is a seam but you cannot see it where he put it. looks really good.

njdevilz1
04-21-11, 10:31 PM
Anyone able to track the pics of musclesbmf's and KILLR-V's tail lights? I apparently suck at using the search on this site and have not been able to find them.

In my opinion I think tint is the way to go. Easy to remove if need be and not perm. like spraying.
I had a 2010 Jeep srt8 and had mine sprayed. I did not use the cheap a$$ Nightshades or whatever it is called , the tint in a can crap. I wet sanded the tails down, had an auto body shop have a mix of clear and spray tint , applied several coats of clear and after polished the hell out of them between coats of clear. They were painted on the outside of the lens.

The only reason why tint would not normally be a good idea is that if the tail lights use a halogen bulb instead of LED , the heat that is thrown off by the halogens get trapped in by the tint and eventually warps the plastic lens and housing. Not an issue with ours.

musclesbmf
04-22-11, 01:05 AM
Tinted tails for reference...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/mrooster725/CTS-V%20murdered/2011CTS-VCoupe008.jpg

casey@cpent.com
04-22-11, 11:36 AM
Looks good.