: PCV upgrade

Oscar Dalmasi
04-20-11, 03:46 AM
Hey
Was wondering what was the price for a PCV upgrade and valve cover for a 06 CTS 2.8 with shipping to Bronx, NY and how soon can I get it. Thank you.

RippyPartsDept
04-20-11, 08:23 AM
i'm not familiar with the PCV upgrade for that vehicle... are you referring to a specific bulletin?

i know of an upgrade kit for the 2003 CTS, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't fit your car

Oscar Dalmasi
04-20-11, 03:33 PM
After doing some further reading I see that your right. Thank you.
By any chance do you guys sell the oil catch can mod that I've on here. My oil is leaking into the engine and i'd like to try and find a way to prevent it. Mechanic told me that this vehicle doesnt have a traditional pcv system. Would like to know my options if thats possible.

RippyPartsDept
04-20-11, 04:33 PM
as far as I know the oil catch can is a custom mod and I don't have any extra access to those parts that you don't (basically it's all aftermarket... GM offers nothing)

i've heard of lots of people fixing their PCV systems on these cars but i'm not really sure exactly what they're doing (i would assume they're replacing bad parts w/ new parts) but some are members are definitely doing oil catch cans too

maybe starting a thread with a good explanation of your situation (and your problem as you understand it) and asking for opinions of the two options (fix or modify) and see if you drum up any good info

besides that you can get to digging in the search results and pull up tons of past posts relevant to your situation

Oscar Dalmasi
04-21-11, 02:21 AM
Thank you for the advice. I'll keep up my research and hopefully come up with something. I've heard great things about you so if I need any parts I'll be sure to come to you first. Again Thanks

RippyPartsDept
04-21-11, 08:46 AM
Maybe try checking out these threads
http://www.google.com/#q=OIL+CATCH+CAN+site:cadillacforums.com