: EXT Model year differences

gacck
10-08-04, 04:08 PM
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum but from what I have read this is the place to be!
I'm in the market for a new or used EXT, but I am leaning towards the 2005. I really wanted the "Out of the Blue" but cannot find one. My question is:
Is there somewhere or someone who has a recap in the model year differences from 2003 thru 2005? It would help in the decision making process. I have looked and cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

C. Carter

notinblue
10-08-04, 05:06 PM
Well there is not much of a difference from 03' to 04' not sure about the 05' though. As far as the outoftheblue color, It was only offered through 03' but late productions ending in Nov and Dec of 03' made it possible to get an 04' in this color. Thats why there is a thread about the new blue that took over, but is not as eye catching. Oh and by the way :welcome:

T_Dogg8
10-08-04, 05:07 PM
welcome. i have an 02 and as far as i can tell, there isn't much change from 02 till now.

slk230mb
10-08-04, 07:23 PM
Didn't the gauges change.

Bear
10-08-04, 09:29 PM
Here is what I know:
02 - 03
delete - dual lid locking center console lid.
delete - cabin air filter
delete - hood lamp
add - adjustable pedals (I think)
add - XM radio - nav unit

03 - 04
delete - one of the two box lights
add - hitch assembly standard
add - rear seat heating

gacck
10-10-04, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the input all, but I bought a 2005 yesterday...White Diamond with all the bells and whistles. I plan on putting on some 20's but am concerned about the tire pressure monitoring problems I've been reading about here. Does anyone have the specs for the OEM wheels...i.e. offset etc.?

Thanks again!
CLC

SNaray8442
10-10-04, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the input all, but I bought a 2005 yesterday...White Diamond with all the bells and whistles. I plan on putting on some 20's but am concerned about the tire pressure monitoring problems I've been reading about here. Does anyone have the specs for the OEM wheels...i.e. offset etc.?

Thanks again!
CLC

Congrats on the purchase! Post some pics if you can, sounds like a beautiful truck

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 07:37 AM
congrats on the new truck.

the new ones have rear seat heaters?? i didn't know that. can you retro-fit them to an older version?? other than that, i think my 02 has better options than the new ones.