: Do you use Ezze-pass or pay pass or what ever you state has

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 04:11 PM
So for those of us that are travelers Do you have an Ezze Pass or pay pass or what ever yous state uses ?

how long have you been using it what was the main purpose for you to get it
do you have to pay tolls on most of your highways where you live or is it really only for long road trips

Me i have a NY Ez Z Pass iv been using it for about 12 years now
finally happy that last year Ohio opened up and started using them makes it easier for me

also i like them cause no needing to stop or deal with someone waiting to give you change asking hows the road going and all just drive threw and cruise

also in some areas it saves a little pay less than cash customers would so thats cool also
for the traveler who does alot

me id say i probably drive a good 15k a year on toll roads
so it comes in handy for me

what about you ?

EChas3
04-19-11, 10:07 PM
Illinois made it worth my while by making the cash tolls twice the cost. Open road tolling is the ultimate in convenience. I think they have reciprocity with a few other states, too.

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 10:22 PM
ohio i can drive from Cleveland to toledo on the turnpike 3.25 each way ezze pass cash would be like 6 bucks each way i think

Florian
04-19-11, 11:33 PM
4.75, all ya gotta do is look it up.

f

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 11:50 PM
still 4.75 is more then my 3.25
and yeah i know how to go on the turnpikes website and look up tolls
i just didn't feel a need to do that
if i wanted to say for sure then i would have looked it up but either way you look at it im saying 3 dollars round trip
there a soda at turnpike prices and my buck for a lottery tiket

Aron9000
04-20-11, 01:40 AM
Silly northerners, haven't paid a toll in quite some time.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-20-11, 06:54 PM
this is my brother, i dont pay tolls
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/b5/35/547e8149e7a00bee2466e110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

EcSTSatic
04-21-11, 09:49 AM
I use a devices we call a K-tag. It sticks to the windshield and automagically raises the gate on both ends of the turnpike. The fee gets billed to my credit card.

The turnpike bisects Wichita and I find it to be the fastest, shortest way for me to get to the gym after work. We also use it on trips to Texas (via Oklahoma) and to Kansas City.

EChas3
04-21-11, 10:00 PM
In Illinois, you can just go online & pay your tolls even without the electronics. Otyherwise they will catch up with you (probably).

Jesda
04-22-11, 05:25 AM
Everytime Ive gone to Illinois, I've blown through the tolls. They never bill me, and when I call to ask what I owe, they have no idea and ask me to guesstimate.

To heck with them if they cant be bothered to keep track.

Midnight
04-22-11, 12:19 PM
Baltimore - I commute through either an underwater tunnel or a big ass bridge every day. I have a commuter plan for EZ-Pass, it's 0.40 per crossing instead of $2.00. Not a bad deal considering how inconvenient it would be to take another route.

dkozloski
04-23-11, 03:44 PM
We don't allow toll roads and bridges in Alaska.

orconn
04-23-11, 05:18 PM
We don't allow toll roads and bridges in Alaska.

Can't imagine why you would need to have toll roads and toll bridges to no where when your former senator could get the the poor slobs in the lower 48 to pay for those freeways!