: Anyone else going to Monticello May 23rd?

hulksdaddy
04-19-11, 09:45 AM
Doing the HPDE there on May 23rd. Just wondering if anyone else on here is doing it. :bouncy:

Vcoupe11
04-19-11, 09:59 AM
I will be there.

Gary

hulksdaddy
04-19-11, 10:02 AM
Cool Gary! What hotel you staying at?

Dave

Vcoupe11
04-19-11, 10:07 AM
not sure yet. How about you?

hulksdaddy
04-19-11, 10:09 AM
Probably the Courtyard Marriott. Got this from Jay when I asked him for hotel recommendations:

With regards to hotels, our first choice is the Courtyard Marriott-Middletown, NY which is approximately 30 minutes south of MMC off Route 17. If interested, please call 845-695-0606 and ask to speak to Anna Marie Buchalski. Please mention my name, MMC and the fact that you are attending a driving program at our Club and this will entitle you to a discount for MMC attendees. Thanks and please let me know if I can be of further service.

Jay

EricVonHa
04-19-11, 10:15 AM
If either of you need brakes for the car, I have a set of carbotech xp10's that I'm not using. They stop these 2 + ton cars right now without chewing up the rotors. They dust like hell but they work amazingly. I can't see tracking my car so I need to let these go!

hulksdaddy
04-19-11, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the offer bud, but we'll be using the clubs Vs.

thebigjimsho
04-19-11, 10:19 AM
Who is the HPDE with and how much is it to run the Club cars??

hulksdaddy
04-19-11, 10:23 AM
Who is the HPDE with and how much is it to run the Club cars??

Jim, check here: http://monticellomotorclub.com/programs/hpde/

If you own a V, you get a discount.

thebigjimsho
04-19-11, 10:47 AM
Ah, thanks. A bit rich for my blood. For that much I can get full slicks and pads on the V with a couple HPDEs at Monticello with track clubs.

But I'm sure that's a blast, too. Have fun!

Junior1
04-20-11, 09:21 PM
I've been up there plenty of times and was actually trying to get a group from here to go on the same day...

So far as of now, there will not be any track days from outside clubs going to Monticello, this may be the only way to get on track

While the price is a bit steep for some, IMO its worth it...the cars are in perfect shape, plus no wear/tear/gas to worry about.
It is a FULL day with minimal classroom time, plus food and drinks. I've lost count on how many laps I've run up there...
The 2 instructors, Sam and Jason are great guys and readily available to answer questions
Plus you never know who may be up there, last year Brian Redman was there and ran some laps with us

I'll check my schedule and maybe meet you guys up there. In any event Ari, Jay and those guys are cool up there and you'll have a good time...

dvandentop
04-20-11, 09:59 PM
better run there now i always hear they are gonna cut out non member cars from doing any hpde events there.