: Need Help...2007 Escalade Transfer Case Fluid

DTEK01
04-19-11, 04:38 AM
I am having an issue with selecting my 2007 Escalade Transfer Case fluid.

The manual says Dextron III. I have been reading about Auto trac 2 people are using. The new 2008 and up Escalades call for Dextron VI.

I called the dealer and was told I do not need Auto Trac 2 due to the transfer case not having any clutches in it. They said Dextron III.

I like the idea of the thinner fluid the Dextron VI is and would like to run it. Can I?

I went to my Amsoil rep today to get a few oils an was going to pick up a couple quarts of the Dextron VI for the transfer case. He looked it up on Amsoils site and it shows a different transfer case number for the 2007 escalade compared to the 2008, 09 and 10. 2007 showed universal ATF (Dex III) and the 2008 and up showed thier low viscosity Dex VI equivalent.

Is this correct? Does only the 2007 require a different oil from the rest of the years due to seals or something?

Thanks for any help on this

Braknglases07
04-20-11, 07:10 PM
Use whatever your manual says mine said use manual transmission fluid... I asked dealer about dex VI, they said no use only what cadillac recommends

DTEK01
04-21-11, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. I just put in Amsoil ATF which is Dexron III-H. I am sure this will work fine. I wanted all synthetic.