: Trouble communicating with Northstar Performance.

epetrillo
04-18-11, 06:31 PM
Has anybody else had problems getting Northstar Performance to return calls and emails? I placed an order online over a week ago for a stud kit and during the process I was sure it said I would receive an email confirming the order. I never received any confirmation of my order and have been emailing and calling ever since. All of my emails have been ignored and most of my calls have gone to voice mail (also ignored). I did get a hold of Jake twice and was told he would "check on it" and let me know. Last Friday he said he would send me a tracking number, have not received it yet, called today and left a voice mail with no response. Is this normal for Northstar Performance? Will I eventually get my parts?

MoistCabbage
04-18-11, 06:38 PM
Jake's been a bit busy

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/227466-message-all-stud-kit-customers-past.html

ThumperPup
04-18-11, 06:41 PM
Jake is a good guy no he is a Great Guy
just been a bit backed up alot going on
im sure he has not forgotten about you
if you post over in the Northstar Technical Part of the Forum trying to get a hold of him im sure he will find it and respond

epetrillo
04-18-11, 06:59 PM
Jake's been a bit busy

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/227466-message-all-stud-kit-customers-past.html

Well this certainly explains a lot of things. I really only wanted to know what was going on. I hope things are going better for him soon. I will wait for a response to my emails and hope the parts are on the way.

Emilio

MoistCabbage
04-18-11, 07:13 PM
I'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as the situation permits. If you want, just post on that thread, maybe he can give you a time frame of when he'll be able to send your order.

maeng9981
04-18-11, 07:29 PM
Jake is a busy man dealing with nationwide Northstar stud kit needs and local/delivery repairs. Minimum regular expected shipping day's 2 weeks anyway. Parts come from Canada and all the Customs and stuff takes time.

jimsbox
04-18-11, 07:51 PM
Sometimes dealing with Jake at Northstar Performance requires a lot of patience but there is no evidence that he is anything but completely honest. He does have the best solution to the headgasket problems.

Ranger
04-18-11, 08:36 PM
Will I eventually get my parts?
Yes.

epetrillo
04-19-11, 03:41 PM
Got a tracking number Today. Thanks Jake, hope you are feeling better and thing are running smoother for you.

Emilio

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 03:57 PM
Well this certainly explains a lot of things. I really only wanted to know what was going on. I hope things are going better for him soon. I will wait for a response to my emails and hope the parts are on the way.

Emilio

Wow when i read this your response and all
i was like totally amazed to be honest at first i thought you where going to be upset and yelling and pissed that jake had not responded to you at all
right now there is one person over on the tech area thats not to happy
and was going to be like 2 in 1 week wow
but when i read this it was cool
your a one of a kind customer having trouble reaching him and your can understand after reading and hearing what hes going threw right now most would not be patient
as you are
good guy

wondering if this thread might serve better being moved to the Northstar performance and tech section of the forums if a mod sees it might be good to move it
i don't think jake peeks in on this section of the forums much but hes been over there more then a few times in the last 24 hours so if this was there i bet he would be more likely to see it
and contact you

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 04:00 PM
Got a tracking number Today. Thanks Jake, hope you are feeling better and thing are running smoother for you.

Emilio

see we told ya you would get your parts :)

glad to hear you got the tracking info and
all
looking like there will be another satisfied N;Star.Performance customer here
cool

97EldoCoupe
04-19-11, 04:20 PM
I am sorry Epetrillo that I haven't had a chance to respond to your emails - a pile of kits are on their way in a few minutes Highway #75 is closed between Morris and Winnipeg and I have to take the long way around. Damn Red River Flooding!

There's a N* Block going to Fuson Cadillac in Terra Haute, IN and it won't make the truck today- better send them an email. I will drill and tap it for them to save them a bit of time in hopes they won't be too upset with me.

I apologize for the delay Epetrillo, I plan to eliminate all of these supplier issues as quickly as humanly and financially possible. Each kit sold is making a difference and funding the new machining operation. I thank you for your order and wish you all the very best with your Northstar project.

-Jake

epetrillo
04-19-11, 04:43 PM
I am sorry Epetrillo that I haven't had a chance to respond to your emails - a pile of kits are on their way in a few minutes Highway #75 is closed between Morris and Winnipeg and I have to take the long way around. Damn Red River Flooding!

There's a N* Block going to Fuson Cadillac in Terra Haute, IN and it won't make the truck today- better send them an email. I will drill and tap it for them to save them a bit of time in hopes they won't be too upset with me.

I apologize for the delay Epetrillo, I plan to eliminate all of these supplier issues as quickly as humanly and financially possible. Each kit sold is making a difference and funding the new machining operation. I thank you for your order and wish you all the very best with your Northstar project.

-Jake

No problem Jake. Once I read about the problems you were having I figured I would just back off, give you some time and sure enough I got the info I was looking for.

Emilio

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 07:22 PM
see told ya if it got posted in here hed be on it like white on rice ok maybe not that lol
but got his atention
seems he does not check the other parts of the forums very much

jimsbox
04-19-11, 08:21 PM
Makes sense since he only deals with Northstar engines as related to Cadillac.

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 09:32 PM
to bad he doesn't have more time on his hands now i can see him being a great mod in charge of this section right here

cadi509
04-19-11, 10:34 PM
Its about time someone understands how company's do have issues, jesus nobodies perfect , I've ordered a lot of things off the internet and realize things don't always get there on time as promised and delay's do happen

phillipmh06
05-15-13, 10:51 PM
Hope to see production running smooth soon. No need for the bad review and bashing. Thank you Jake for trying to fix the problem.

04GrandAmGT
05-16-13, 12:17 AM
Jake here.

Paypal tried to take from the wrong account for the chargeback. We have more than one. I don't appreciate this information being posted publically. There are other ways of getting ahold of us.

The problem with this world is everybody wants everything at their schedule. And they think they run the show simply because they lay the money out.

We run into a lot of very impatient people who have no understanding of what it takes to manufacture these stud kits. Then we also run into a lot of very good people.

Try another method of contacting us. You will get further with it.

Yes, don't use us....unless you want a quality product that works....

vincentm
05-16-13, 12:45 AM
phillipmh06 quit spamming the forums with the same thing, you'll earn a quick one way trip out of CF..

JoeTahoe
05-16-13, 08:40 AM
I am on my 3rd northstar in the last 4 weeks and I have had no shipping issues wih northstar performance

phillipmh06
05-16-13, 09:05 AM
Jake I did try to contact you. Through email several times. Text and called. No response. I was more than patient. I didn't care if it took a month to get them. I just wanted to know where we were at with shipping out seeing as you said 3-4 days then no way to get in touch with you. PayPal even stated you wouldn't respond to them. So no I don't think I'm in the wrong. I have tried to contact you on every way listed on your site. I read you were having difficulties with a machine and such that's cool. all I wanted was a simple update. Not to be ignored for three weeks. So sorry I didn't have a good experience with you.

04GrandAmGT
05-16-13, 09:46 AM
Evrett Back here - I do the very best i can, i am trying to run an office and keep up to the increased demand in the shop, because we are getting hammered with orders lately and Jake being the only one that knows how to program and run the CNC, we are trying not to over rush because we still want to offer the best studs available, do you want a stud that 2 thousandths of an inch over spec and doesn't fit in your block? i don't think so, i do the best i can with returning phone calls, and like Jake said we have more than one Business account, and it would be appreciated if any bit of information pertaining to funds is not publicized.

Submariner409
05-16-13, 10:16 AM
Everyone quiet down, stop typing, and make studs. This latest glitch in the stud shipping problems can go into the gutter in a hurry.

phillipmh06, A simple "Where are my studs ?" post would have been sufficient - several Northstar repair shops/manufacturers monitor their threads closely because they are small manufacturers and can't afford bad press......... yes, sometimes warts are scratched - but the dust settles in the end. Everyone in CF has parts delivery problems on occasion - You want to read about aftermarket parts wars ??? Go up ^^^ to CTS, CTS-V, STS, and STS-V and the other new models if you want hate, rumor, flaming, lies, truth, and discontent.

phillipmh06
05-16-13, 10:34 AM
A simple "Where are my studs ?" post would have been sufficient -.

Considering I've sent probably 5-10 text messages. 3 emails. And called countless times. With not the first answer or response. That method didn't work. No I don't want to see a business go down. But had I have read some of the post on here I probably would've been a little more cautious on who to deal with. Jake is a smart guy knows his stuff. Just the customer service has to improve. I honestly hate that I'm being put off as impatient and rude over this. But all I asked for was an update on shipment. Had I have gotten a response I would've been fine. Instead I was told 4-5 days to ship out and never heard anything else from them. That's not a good way to do business. I'm patient just update me. You've got my money I at least deserve a "hey man backed up it'll be a few weeks," that's all. But I couldn't even get that.

97EldoCoupe
05-16-13, 04:09 PM
I will get yet another employee to help with the office duties. Our demands sometimes are extremely high: And while this is good, I don't want any calls to go unanswered or missed. Sometimes the best way to get ahold of us is to do something crazy like put """""""JAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVRETT!!!!!!!!!!!! in the subject line of an email- because we are receiving over 150 emails per day right now.

My apologies to you Phillip. If you've gone another route already, I understand but if not- email me info(AT)northstarperformance.com ASAP and I'll see what I can do to make this right for you.

As demand increases I know I need to continue to make sure everyone is looked after. I will start the process to recruit a secondary office assistant. I need that anyways, I wouldn't mind having evenings bback again soon.

phillipmh06
05-16-13, 05:06 PM
Thank you. I just wanted a heads up as to how long I could be waiting when I tried to contact. I promise you I've called 10+ times, emailed and text. No response to a single attempt. :( I also don't believe the refund can be cancelled once it goes through escalations. Do you know?

04GrandAmGT
05-17-13, 10:18 AM
no it can not be reversed, if you would like to replace the order there is an order form on the web or we can take it over the phone i should be in the office for at least half the day so if i dont answer leave a message and i promise i should get back to you within the next hour or two

phillipmh06
05-17-13, 12:28 PM
I can't repurchase it til I have a refund. So whenever I get the refund I will try to call! Hopefully y'all won't be too busy! Haha. If not I will do the email like you said.

04GrandAmGT
05-17-13, 01:11 PM
its still hasn't gone through??! what! let me check into this, This should have been resolved a long time ago.

phillipmh06
05-17-13, 04:41 PM
They are saying may 30. That they have to retry in 3 business days. And then we have to wait 3-5 more days.

04GrandAmGT
05-17-13, 05:06 PM
check your email i sent one earlier today.