: Blower not working after electric brake controler installed

Dave DiGabriele
04-18-11, 04:03 PM
I had an electric brake controller installed in my 07' EXT and it works fine but now my blower for HVAC is no longer working. The fan speed indicator is working but there is no air movement. I checked all the fuses and the appear to be good. Any ideas or thoughts on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

hcvone
04-18-11, 04:29 PM
I had an electric brake controller installed in my 07' EXT and it works fine but now my blower for HVAC is no longer working. The fan speed indicator is working but there is no air movement. I checked all the fuses and the appear to be good. Any ideas or thoughts on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

This may sound dumb but disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, make sure your HVAC and radio are off before disconnecting the battery, it has worked for owners in the past. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-19-11, 01:20 PM
You may want to check with the dealership just to make sure there isn't a larger issue here. They should be able to diagnose and repair the vehicle for you. Whatever you do I hope it helps.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

sixerz4ev3r
02-21-12, 10:26 PM

did you ever find a fix? i have the same problem imma try disconnecting the battery

Dave DiGabriele
02-22-12, 12:59 AM
I did, and it was a coincidence the blower motor was bad.