: STS 2008 with 22.000 Miles

mannyurrego
04-18-11, 03:41 PM
So what's the deal with extended warranty beside Caddy's reliability, my basic warranty expired on 04/2012, if I'm not get a extended one what my chances are to get in trouble because of this car quality building materials? I'm already thinking is a trade in because of that and because of the numerous electrical issues posting here,,, advise and thoughts please!

txbest1980
04-18-11, 03:50 PM
if you want to keep the car, get the extended warranty

KRSTS
04-18-11, 05:40 PM
If you don't have a CPO, get a GMPP while you still can. Two months before your factory warranty expires, you will no longer be able to add a GMPP.

chazglenn3
04-18-11, 06:04 PM
I don't think the cars are much more unreliable than others. These are very complex machines. I think the newer STS has 20 different computer modules (compared to 9 in my 2000 STS). It is just that when things do break, they are expensive to fix. Just like BMW, Mercedes and the others.

EChas3
04-18-11, 07:39 PM
Opinions vary; here's mine:

Before the month is out, extend your warranty through GMPP. Check this site's sponsors for the best deal.

Mike Jones
04-28-11, 08:42 PM
As is the case with other luxury vehicles, Cadillacs Are appointed with a lot of "bells and whistles" and the late models are powered by advanced technology. Consequently, when mechanical failure occurs, the cost of repair can be very expensive. The relatively small upfront investment in an extended warranty provides peace of mind while increasing your vehicle's resale value. For an instant quote, see: www.extended-vehicle-warranty.com/instant-quote.html. Contact information is not required. Our plans are backed and administered by Mercury Insurance.