: Guage pod?

whytediamond
04-18-11, 12:35 PM
Anyone know if there is a guage pod available for our cars for the driver pillar? Would like to throw a good boost guage and an air/fuel guage there. Thanks.

rjoffe
04-18-11, 02:06 PM
I have not seen one, but plenty of people have replaced the clock in the center console with one.

Domsz06
04-18-11, 02:19 PM
i'd just go look at some other cars that have gauge pods and i'm sure one will fit. that or just have a body shop custom fab you one, or if your handy with fiberglass do it yourself, pretty easy to do.

musclesbmf
04-18-11, 04:07 PM
DomsZ06, are you volunteering for this "easy to do" process? What if there was enough interest so you could make a little extra $$?

whytediamond
04-18-11, 11:47 PM
DomsZ06, are you volunteering for this "easy to do" process? What if there was enough interest so you could make a little extra $$?

Id be on board.....I lack the talent to do such a thing!!!!

Caddy Wagon
04-19-11, 12:25 AM
Easy to do, and worth the time to make and sell them are 2 different things. There are a lot of things I consider easy to do, but they aren't worth my time to try and make money off of.

n0s4atu
04-19-11, 08:35 AM
Depending on the size of the clock, it could perhaps be replaced with an Aeroforce Interceptor, which can display just about anything you'd like:
RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
Fuel Temperature
Battery Voltage
Battery Temp
Injector Pulse Width in msec.
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Air Flow Rate into engine
Long Term Fuel Trim
Short Term Fuel Trim
O2 Sensor Voltage
Barometric Pressure
Ignition Advance
Base Spark
PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
2 user configurable analog inputs**

Oh and since that's my first post here, I'd like to say I don't have anything to do with Aeroforce, it's just a popular gauge with some of the guys on the Jeep forum I belong to. I thing you can set it to capture up to 8 different parameters and display them in sequence. I'm just doing my homework on the V, before a purchase, so I haven't explored the interrior too much to know how well it would or wouldn't complement it looks-wise, but in the place the clock goes it would certainly be unobtrusive.

whytediamond
04-19-11, 11:25 PM
Depending on the size of the clock, it could perhaps be replaced with an Aeroforce Interceptor, which can display just about anything you'd like:
RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
Fuel Temperature
Battery Voltage
Battery Temp
Injector Pulse Width in msec.
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Air Flow Rate into engine
Long Term Fuel Trim
Short Term Fuel Trim
O2 Sensor Voltage
Barometric Pressure
Ignition Advance
Base Spark
PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
2 user configurable analog inputs**

Oh and since that's my first post here, I'd like to say I don't have anything to do with Aeroforce, it's just a popular gauge with some of the guys on the Jeep forum I belong to. I thing you can set it to capture up to 8 different parameters and display them in sequence. I'm just doing my homework on the V, before a purchase, so I haven't explored the interrior too much to know how well it would or wouldn't complement it looks-wise, but in the place the clock goes it would certainly be unobtrusive.

Thanks for the post, ill look into that one as it certainly displays alot of information. I beleive wait4me sells a similar guage but i'm not sure I want to replace my clock. Might have to just have one custom made for the car. And what more research do u need other than 556HP in a luxury car?? lol.....buy one already.