: Navigation system / Unable to add or delete address book

muddassirwaquarali
04-18-11, 01:13 PM
I purchased my 2010 SRX from a used car lot in Kuwait about a month ago. It was registered in Oct 2010.

when I got it, I saw the previous owner had entries in the address book in the Sat Nav. I tried to delete them and add my own, however, when the car is switched off and turned back on after some time, the old entries are back.

Same thing goes for previous destinations. I have no other issues with the car.

Has any one faced this issue before? How was it solved?

allgm
04-18-11, 05:08 PM
I have the same problem. I bought a gm program 2010 srx . All previous entries are detroit area. I delete them put in my address book entries next moring the my address are gone and the detroit ones are back. Also shows washington d.c. As home location.
Also the time is 1 hour off. I reset to correct time next day it is back 1 hour. Have a apointment at cadillac dealer in two days.
Also looking for answers ?????????????????????????

TheCaptain
04-18-11, 05:46 PM
Both of these problems are related to the same thing. The Nav unit needs an update or replacement. (Its in some posts around here, but i don't have the time to search for it at this moment!)

RippyPartsDept
04-18-11, 06:01 PM
yup... find a good dealer and bring it in... they should be able to flash you radio and send you on your way...

you'll know in a day or two if that did it or if you'll need a new one... which they can have ordered for you in a few days
(but you may need to bring it back in for them to order the nav radio - new nav radios are on restriction and the engineers diagnose via phone to make sure a radio gets sent only if it's truly needed)

muddassirwaquarali
04-19-11, 03:20 PM
The service guys were supposed to call me today, but never did. I'll have to chase them I guess and get them to update the software. I don't think the dealer in Kuwait can do that. I'm not sure. I think they will need to replace the nav unit. I'll make a booking tomorrow and see what happens. Will post again if the issue is resolved.

allgm
04-26-11, 05:30 PM
:cool:[SIZE="5"] BACK FROM CADILLAC DEALER HAD RADIO REFLASHED TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR. CLOCK NOW STAYS ON EASTERN STANDARD TIME. AND HAS OHIO NOT WASHINGTON DC AS HOME STATE. WAS ABLE TO DELETE PREVIOUS DESTINATION AS WELL. A GOOD SERVICE DEPT SURE MAKES LIFE EASIER.

Smokin' SRX
04-27-11, 12:13 PM
I purchased my 2010 SRX from a used car lot in Kuwait about a month ago. It was registered in Oct 2010.

when I got it, I saw the previous owner had entries in the address book in the Sat Nav. I tried to delete them and add my own, however, when the car is switched off and turned back on after some time, the old entries are back.

Same thing goes for previous destinations. I have no other issues with the car.

Has any one faced this issue before? How was it solved?

Good luck with the SRX! Bet you get a few stares around town! Is there an actual Cadillac Dealer in Kuwait??

I see Delores has hers resolved and I'm sure yours will be too. We must remember that todays luxury cars have more computers on-board than the early Space Capsules did!

SS

muddassirwaquarali
05-11-11, 04:51 PM
Hi Smokin,

There are 2 GM dealers in Kuwait - One strictly GMC brands and one deals in Caddy, chevy, hummer, e.t.c...

My issue is unresolved.
Cheers,
Muddassir

RippyPartsDept
05-11-11, 04:54 PM
have you been to the dealership?

muddassirwaquarali
05-11-11, 04:54 PM
OooK here is my update.
I took the car to the service centre after a service rep said they'd flash it. I was with them for 3 days and after tinkering with the controls, they were unable to fix the issue. I had told them that the only way was to reflash the software, but they did not do that and it was fairly evident that they had no idea what a reflash or software reload is.

I will now write to the regional GM support centre in Dubai to see if they can help.

Delores - congratulations...

Regards,
Muddassir

RippyPartsDept
05-11-11, 05:41 PM
escalating this issue to the regional centre is probably the best thing to do

good luck

allgm
06-10-11, 08:55 PM
LAST WEEK WASHINGTON DC CAME BACK AS DEFAULT CITY. THE CLOCK IS OK. ADDRESS BOOK WILL DELETE THEN COME BACK ON RESTART.
BACK TO DEALER MONDAY TO REFLASH. THEY HAVE DONE SEVERAL SRX's I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM TO THEM.

allgm
06-16-11, 01:49 PM
Back from dealer. They are aware of this problem and ordered a new nav unit