: Gmx550 07 escalade

Eric Hagan
04-17-11, 11:19 PM
Any body have some tips or insight on this lock pick I just ordered. Hopefully it will be here this week and I'm going to be installing it my self. I have a 07 escalade.
Thanks for the info.

PreachRR
04-18-11, 01:04 AM
Um take your time getting to know how to work with it and make sure its on the latest firmware 1.3 I believe.. you do that with a laptop and making sure you have it installed on your truck.. .. Other than that just enjoy your new features..

Eric Hagan
04-18-11, 08:19 AM
Are you referring to the nav or the gmx550 as far as the updated firmware?

PreachRR
04-18-11, 10:31 AM
No the gmx550 has an update on the coastal tech website. Version 1.3. If you bought one sitting on the shelf for a bit it may have an older version. It should have a sticker on the bottom telling you the version.

Eric Hagan
04-18-11, 11:37 AM
I'll check it when I get it. Thanks for the headsup.

PreachRR
04-19-11, 03:54 PM
you bet

Eric Hagan
04-24-11, 11:54 PM
Anybody know how I can setup my gmx550 to automatically turn on the iPod mode so I don't have to use the mute button 4 times every time I start my truck. Is there a setup of dipswitches I can change or am I missing something.
Also when I manually look at the rear cam and turn it back off my nav shows service rear cam.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your time.

DiamondDave
05-28-11, 05:36 AM
Just installed mine and am wondering the same things... Not working at all like I had hoped.... cam error is annoyoing

Anybody know how I can setup my gmx550 to automatically turn on the iPod mode so I don't have to use the mute button 4 times every time I start my truck. Is there a setup of dipswitches I can change or am I missing something.
Also when I manually look at the rear cam and turn it back off my nav shows service rear cam.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your time.

clintster442
06-23-11, 10:47 PM
I have an 07 Denali and I installed the GMX550 myself and it works great. There are some Caddy specific operations. If you want to have the DVD override on all the time (which I believe should include iPod use) set the unit to Override 4 in the options. For early 207 Caddys, dipswitch 4 should be down.

As far as the backup cam goes, you do have to run a separate power wire to the existing backup cam module under the passenger seat for it to work. Checkout the PDF, it details it pretty well. Be careful where you cut the wire on the module under the seat, very short wire and very little room for error.

Okay I can't post the link because I'm new, that's a smart rule. Just go to the coastal etech website and find the gmx550 page, there is a link to the PDF there.

Hope that helps.

Eric Hagan
06-25-11, 08:02 PM
Any ideas why when I enable the iPod and then switch from reverse back to drive, basically anytime the rear cam is enabled and disabled I get a service rear camera message.

I have tried it with the gmx wired to the rear cam and without and I get the same thing.

When I enable the iPod when I start the truck and start my phone. I back out of the garage and when I take off or go into drive it shows this error. It's pretty damn annoying.

I have to hit the audio button and then xm radio again and it will all work fine until I go to park, then this message pops up.

It's only after the rear cam has been turned on then off is when this pops up.

Any info is much appreciated.