: Does Corvette C5 or C6 have similar offsets and have the same bolt patterns as a V se

rednumbers
04-17-11, 08:20 PM
Trying to fit some custom three piece wheels from my buddy from his c6 vette on my car. Any idea if they will fit

6speeder
04-17-11, 11:19 PM
The answer is maybe. Sorry. Besides width, backspacing, and offset you need to look at the spokes and their closeness to the brake calipers.

From my searching and experience, for a sedan the stock offset is 51mm front, 56 rear, on a 9" wide front and 9.5 rear. I don't think 17" wheels will fit on the rear or front.

The bolt pattern on a Vette is 5 x 4.75". The CTSV bolt pattern is 5 x 120mm. The difference is less than .03". Vette wheels WILL bolt up just fine.

As far as what fits, C5 thin spokes, 9.5 x 18" fit fine, even around the brake calipers. All else, I don't know. Good luck.:yup:

Domsz06
04-18-11, 09:57 AM
stock c6z rims will fit. You can fit the front one''s on the front of the v, or the back.

You can't put the back c6z rims on unless you do some work since it's such a wide tire.

As far as custom rims.... like 6speeder it will depend.

I posted some pics of my c6 rims on the front, and everyone with a drag pack as put them on the back.

Vapordoc
04-18-11, 10:30 AM
stock c6z rims will fit. You can fit the front one''s on the front of the v, or the back.

You can't put the back c6z rims on unless you do some work since it's such a wide tire.

As far as custom rims.... like 6speeder it will depend.

I posted some pics of my c6 rims on the front, and everyone with a drag pack as put them on the back.

Will a C6Z front wheel with a Nitto NT05R 315/40/18 fit on the back of a V sedan?

Curious since I just sold my 10.00 second GTR, and have a set of 4 NT05R's in my garage. If I can use them on the V that would be great !

Domsz06
04-18-11, 11:36 AM
Will a C6Z front wheel with a Nitto NT05R 315/40/18 fit on the back of a V sedan?

Curious since I just sold my 10.00 second GTR, and have a set of 4 NT05R's in my garage. If I can use them on the V that would be great !

It would be close. I know I have the 305 MT's on no problem, and if I recal the nitto's are typically narrower then MT's. You'd just have to try it on and see. the wheel will fit, just not sure if the rubber would clear. Try it and see, typically MT's don't rub on anything, but certain v-owners have said they had to zip tie the ebrake line, and others said they got some slight rubbage on the a arm. Personally I would not use the 05r's, they are a hard DR, i have them on my z06 and the MT's grab so much better, but if you have the tires and you can use them go for it! ;)