: Lower front fascia trim- busted #1 time

khoeysr
04-17-11, 09:38 AM
Well it looks like I have joined the club. I hit a high curb and busted the middle piece off and scuffed up the two outer ones.

How many others have done so, and is it an expensive fix to replace all 3 pieces? I am guessing it could become more than a one time thing.

Thanks for the info.

miamictsv
04-17-11, 09:49 AM
I purchased mine with busted front fascia and replace them. $150 for all 3 pieces and they come as a pack of 3 no other option. I am parking now rear first 90% of the time. Those pieces does not cost more then $10-$20 to make probably.

Cub Cadet
04-17-11, 10:03 AM
I paid $138 out the door at the Cadillac dealer I bought the car from. Actually, I drove around for a long time without any of the three trim pieces on and I actually liked that look better. Make sure that you did not destroy any of the locating holders (U-shaped pieces hanging down), and also make sure you did not destroy the metal clips that have the nuts built in (captured nuts). Lastly, you may have hit hard enough to crack the paint on the plastic front fascia - check for that.

GMX322V S/C
04-17-11, 11:51 AM
I've found the kit for $120 shipped. Shop around, be sure to include Luke at Lindsay (forum sponsor).

jb_bgg
04-17-11, 12:51 PM
I replaced the damaged ones on the 09 i bought and had them color matched when I had the grills, front bumper/brake ducts, and rear grey fascia all painted black. Guess we'll see how long I can keep them off the ground... been about a month so far.

Domsz06
04-17-11, 01:54 PM
Luke from Lindsey 120 shipped. I back in all the time and never hit anything. If for some reason I do pull in I use other cars to see reflection to not hit and then I stop way short if I can't use that. Good so far ;)

neuronbob
04-17-11, 01:54 PM
I joined the club during the winter when I backed through a snow drift. :( The front passenger side fascia deformed, then bounced back. Can't tell much happened there other than through the minimal bend in it, which you have to be close to see. So far, I've left it alone but will probably buy a new trim set eventually....

ajjones44
04-17-11, 03:10 PM
Same here...lol. Using the next cars reflection helps a lot.

NOLA-ZR1
04-17-11, 07:55 PM
I did it 24 hours after I got my V....

Trapspeed
05-12-11, 06:56 PM
They are all scuffed up on my car thanks to the previous owner. I'm happy I can check this one off my list of "things to do" relatively inexpensively. Thanks, all.

kyle's v
05-13-11, 07:14 PM
My local dealer told me $185. I need to source some where else I think..

thatcoder
05-13-11, 07:39 PM
yesterday i was at lowes and saw another V, the front fascia was crunched.. but the owner didn't seem to have cared too much..

getting off topic..

the doors were unlocked.. the sunroof left open..

i was in that store for a half hour, and came out and it was still there..

back on topic..

i generally back in.. if not, i inch in.. most times.. end up far from the curb.. and have to get back in to move closer..

RapidRob
05-13-11, 09:46 PM
Luke from Lindsey 120 shipped. I back in all the time and never hit anything. If for some reason I do pull in I use other cars to see reflection to not hit and then I stop way short if I can't use that. Good so far ;)

My local dealer told me $185. I need to source some where else I think..

Give Luke a call ....

Rob

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-16-11, 07:55 AM
In stock at $116.00 plus shipping ($10.00 aprox.)

Trapspeed
05-16-11, 11:21 AM
Is this something you could fix yourself in the driveway with common handtools and the new parts?

thatcoder
05-16-11, 12:12 PM
yes.. but it'll be great to get race ramps to drive the car up on.

Trapspeed
05-16-11, 03:26 PM
Do you know if it'll get up on Rhinos? I have a set of them but I don't know if the rake isn't shallow enough to get up without bottoming out.

khoeysr
05-16-11, 03:48 PM
Nope.

khoeysr
05-16-11, 03:50 PM
Nope.

Sorry, posted too fast.

If you had the parts and the inclination, I would guess you could replace these parts yourself. The dealer says it's no big thing.

Trapspeed
05-16-11, 07:34 PM
Ok, thanks. Just in case I thought about it I wanted to see if it was "easy". Thank you.

Kadonny
05-17-11, 08:37 AM
Is this something you could fix yourself in the driveway with common handtools and the new parts?

Yes, very easy. I did mine while flat on my garage floor with no problem....no ramps needed. Easy fix with a few small hand tools needed, that's all.

Trapspeed
05-17-11, 04:56 PM
Awesome. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Vlakaz
05-20-11, 10:05 PM
I asked my local dealer last year... $350 CDN for them is what he was asking. Obvioulsy I decided to pass. Perhaps a trip state side is in order. I'd like to buy a replacement set then take the damaged ones and spary paint them body colour to see how that would look.

Yes Canadians pay more for EVERYTHING :(