ThumperPup
04-17-11, 01:33 AM
just wondering if we know or anyone has ever come to this thought
who has done the most headgasket jobs on N's Besides GM
i don't know but as a member of the forum i am guessing on it being Jake
atleast we all know he has done the most stud jobs lol

Submariner409
04-17-11, 09:30 AM
One would assume that GM has done the most head gasket jobs on Northstars.

One would assume that, if Jake does head stud jobs, he also replaces the head gaskets.

................and, no, I'll bet that no one has ever come up with this thought - until now. For good reason.

vincentm
04-17-11, 03:32 PM
................and, no, I'll bet that no one has ever come up with this thought - until now. For good reason.
Lol, true

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 05:21 PM
One would assume that GM has done the most head gasket jobs on Northstars.

One would assume that, if Jake does head stud jobs, he also replaces the head gaskets.

Edited it to say besides GM should have been more specific SMART Cookie or is it apple lol :brutal:

stoveguyy
04-18-11, 05:33 PM
jeez thumper, anymore inane obtuse threads? how about putting these in the members lounge?

RippyPartsDept
04-18-11, 06:06 PM
we've had the same guy (i often refer to him as our N* guru) doing our HG jobs since the day GM released the first bulletin recommending Time Fastener TimeSert inserts as the solution to pulled block threads

there has probably been only a couple other people who learned from him and did some on their own, but he has done just about every one that we've had

i would guess in the 500-1000 range ... probably a lot closer to 1000 (if not more)

MoistCabbage
04-18-11, 09:08 PM
I'd be more interested in who's put on the most mileage after installing jakes studs.

ThumperPup
04-18-11, 10:23 PM
MC good one
why not start a thread on that ?
your idea you should do it

RippyPartsDept
04-19-11, 12:12 AM
i've seen and heard of cars we've done with timeserts years ago still going strong - a bunch with over 100k miles on the 'serts

ThumperPup
04-19-11, 01:07 AM
i know in in 8 months ill be back and ill be proud that ill be able to say ill have about 40k on the studs at least