: Reverse" auto down" mirrors too low

timbertoy
04-16-11, 07:52 PM
When I set my EXT to automaticly lower the rear view mirrors for a better viewing angle when backing up the mirror angle is way too low. I have tryed different settings yet no luck. Any tips on how to set them so i can possibly adjust better? Thanks your all your help!:thumbsup:

Mha
04-17-11, 01:25 AM
Dont want to high jack your thread but I have an 07 and did not know of this. could someone help me to adjust mine so they move when in reverse , that is if the 07 has that feature

Thanks

evois
04-17-11, 04:03 AM
it is 3rd button from the top (left), just above the check button. select outside rear mirrors R,L or off.

larry3760
04-17-11, 02:37 PM
I have a 07 ext and when my mirrors angle down in reverse they to are far to low, I had the same option in my escalade and they worked perfect. Any ideas?

Daniel10Slade
04-17-11, 04:11 PM
Sorry mate I dont think theres a way to adjust that. :(

But on my 2010 Escalade I let it adjust only, on the Right-Side because that's where the curb is usually is, and leaves the left mirror w/normal visibility.

Mha
04-17-11, 06:08 PM
thanks for the help! By the way I not sure how fast they are suppost to move but for my ext just like timbertoy said seems to take way to long. Kind of like the rear view cam, it taks way to long to turn on(im talking about the boot up time with the caddy logo when you first turn on the truck)

Daniel10Slade
04-17-11, 07:00 PM
They start moving down in like a second or so from the shift to R, and come back up right away from the moment you shift to D.

Yeah the camera does take like 2-seconds to switch and the bootup takes like 7-seconds.

Sorry, that we couldnt have helped you in anyway. :(

I miss my Audi Q7 though.

timbertoy
04-17-11, 07:12 PM
My mirrors angle down when I shift into reverse in a normal amount of time ( fast ) yet the angle is way too low to be safe to back up. The angle is so low that I have no visability of the rear ( backing up blind ). My 04 xlr cadillac has this feature and works great. Just trying to find out if there is an adjustment - By me or the dealer to adjust? Have read the manual many times and folowed all instructions yet this feature is of no use for practical use. Still love my ext just trying to have a feature work. Thanks for every ones help.

Sincerely,

Wayne D
Timbertoy

evois
04-17-11, 10:47 PM
it is adjusted low for you to see the curb. if you want to see the back, then program it not to move at all. can't have both. if it takes too long, the motor is almost burned. I had mine replace under warranty in less than a day.

Escapade
04-18-11, 06:32 AM
They start moving down in like a second or so from the shift to R, and come back up right away from the moment you shift to D.

Yeah the camera does take like 2-seconds to switch and the bootup takes like 7-seconds.

Sorry, that we couldnt have helped you in anyway. :(

I miss my Audi Q7 though.

Why? Would you trade it back:)?

TexFinn
04-18-11, 10:58 AM
Just trying to find out if there is an adjustment - By me or the dealer to adjust?

Don't know about the dealer, but for you there is nothing else you can than either select left, right, both or off. No adjustment to the angle.

Daniel10Slade
04-18-11, 04:42 PM
Why? Would you trade it back:)?

I wouldn't, but i'd just be thrilled to see it after one year :) and so many memories, looks nice from the outside, the fit-and-finish was near perfect, it did had some electrical issues at 35000miles but my lease was almost up.

The Escalade is a good SUV dont get me wrong, but the fit-and-finish is just not quite there.

Escalade,

Pros: Comfortable ride, Unique exterior styling, abit better MPG and made in USA.
Cons: Fit-and-Finish, material quality and no proximity smartkey. :(

Audi Q7,

Pros: Fit-and-Finish, material quality, fold-flat third row, panoramic sunroof and my most favorite feature is.... the proximity smart key
Cons: Ride was harsh and MPG is a disappointment for its size.

Sorry if im being abit off-topic here.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-19-11, 01:34 PM
Timbertoy and larry3760, I checked through the 2008 and 2007 EXT Owners Manuals and found that this feature cannot be adjusted. It is unfortunate that this feature doesn't work as intended for you. You may want to see if your dealership might be able to do anything for you on this front.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

trashguy
04-21-11, 04:36 AM
im not near my truck right now , but on my h2 this is how it worked.

while the truck is in reverse and the side mirrors turn down adjust the side mirrors using the
power mirror rocker switch on the door panel, get them where u want them when backing
now everytime you put the truck in reverse they should go back to that position.

or you just disable the tilting mirrors in the menu on dash

timbertoy
04-21-11, 07:25 PM
Dear trashguy, attempted your mirror adjustment with no results. Thanks for a possible solution yet did not work on my EXT. When having the mirror tilt mode on when putting truck in reverse I re-adjusted the mirrors to a useable angle. Then when putting into drive the mirrors did not come up again to the needed normal driveing position. Again thanks to all for your input.

Sincerely,

Timbertoy

WaterKing
04-21-11, 07:30 PM
My 2007 EXT works the same as trashguys....adjust while in reverse....then take it out of reverse. After it resets for the forward on mine I have to reset the position for normal driving as well. But it does seem to remember the reverse position I had set it to. I think there was some weird thing though like I had to switch to the left mirror after I set it in reverse in order for it to take...just can't remember exactly what it was. The book does not cover it. The not coming back to normal happened to me as well the first time I tried it which is why I had to readjust for normal as well.

timbertoy
04-21-11, 08:19 PM
Dear Waterking, I tryed to adjust in reverse and adjust in drive. Seems to keep only one setting. Which means drive is the most important mirror setting to keep. Will keep on trying various settings in hope to find a setting combination that works.

Best,

Timbertoy

WaterKing
04-21-11, 10:13 PM
Timbertoy, I'll try to test and duplicate the procedure tomorrow.

WaterKing
04-22-11, 10:17 PM
Timbertoy, it appears I was wrong because no matter what I did it maintained going down a set amount and would not adjust to a changed left right amount. If I raised the mirror in the normal position it would be higher in reverse and vice versa. It maintained the same left right configuration at all times. It must have been stuck before or had a wasp nest blocking the full down position...I have already had to clean out both mirrors several times for wasps...mud dabbers and not nearly as bad. Sorry. You must be really tall because the panoramic mirror covers a lot of territory.

timbertoy
04-23-11, 08:54 AM
Dear WaterKing, Thanks for all hour help and effort. Yes the large mirrors are able to see fine when backing up yet cadillac made this function to be able to see the lower curbs better and it does not work. Seems research and development did not check their work. I have a cadillac xlr also that has this function and it works as designed. Will play with different combonations and if I get lucky I will post. Again thanks for all your effort.

Sincerely,

Timbertoy