: Anyone running a 20" front, 21" rear set up for the street? or tubbed rear?

haterinc
04-16-11, 04:01 PM
if so i'd like to see pics of the rims on the car as well as the tubbed rear as i'm looking to run some meaty rubber for the street and track both but i'm sure the spring set up would be critical in the front to get the gap to match the rear.

ps - before the peanut gallery chimes in about performance etc... just save it as i'm not interested in the chatter lol. these are only the street tires.

LV_V
04-16-11, 04:06 PM
What size rear tire and rim width are you pushing for?

haterinc
04-16-11, 05:14 PM
12-12.5" on 375s

I tried to attach a pic of a GTR from the rear with this set up but apparently the pics got lost lol. I was waiting for the new V which I thought would be a '12 refresh but it appears it's a '13 refresh so I got rid of a tuned CL63 since the '11s came out and grabbed a used V for some fun this summer.

Titaniumseeker
04-16-11, 05:24 PM
if so i'd like to see pics of the rims on the car as well as the tubbed rear as i'm looking to run some meaty rubber for the street and track both but i'm sure the spring set up would be critical in the front to get the gap to match the rear.

ps - before the peanut gallery chimes in about performance etc... just save it as i'm not interested in the chatter lol. these are only the street tires.

I've seen this setup on a Vette and it was pretty hott!!!. I would be interested in those who have this setup on their V also.

musclesbmf
04-16-11, 07:24 PM
Vette wheel wells are designed for larger overall diameter in rear and smaller in front. The V is not designed for that and IMO would not look good. To even the diameter out you would have too much tire side wall up front. Best to go 21's all around.

Mark

haterinc
04-17-11, 12:58 AM
Maybe it's just my perception, but the amount of metal in the fender over the rear vs the front have always made the Vs look mismatched IMO. 21s in the front look too big, but 21s in the rear look good... same as the Vette but maybe these two are too different ;) realistically the OD of the two are within a half inch so as long as the vertical height of the rims mate front to back with the fenders, a quarter inch around the tires laterally are immaterial...