: Car friendliest state in the USA?

King-German-Fool
04-16-11, 01:52 PM
I definitely will emigrate to the USA some day.
So I thought about what is the car friendliest state where you can live?
Wich states have fewest dumb laws like emission tests or something like that?

Where can you feel free to customize your car or truck with no limits?
Where can you drive rusty beaters which barely have brakes?
Where can you just don't give a shit about the environment?
So whats the best state for car freaks?

Are there even states like that or am i dreaming of a perfect world? lol

gary88
04-16-11, 02:01 PM
Definitely not Illinois.

Ranger
04-16-11, 02:08 PM
No where. All states have emissions testing, but all counties are not subject to them. I don't have any, but people in the neighboring town do. The closer to a big metropolitan city (like Chicago), the more likely you will be subjected to emissions testing. The more rural areas don't.

drewsdeville
04-16-11, 02:12 PM
Buy yourself enough land and you can do almost anything you want with your vehicles, depending on local regulation.

I can only speak for the state I live in. Overall, the DOT is quite light on regulation here (vehicle requirements, tickets for offenses...hell, a DUI is still only a traffic offense in this state). In the counties that require something, there is no safety inspection, no emissions testing on pre-obdII vehicles (1995 and older). The lady behind the counter will give you a set of plates for almost anything as long as you hand over $75.

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 02:16 PM
I will live in Montana.
And I will marry a round American woman and will raise rabbits.
And she will cook them for me.
And I will have a pickup truck, maybe even a recreational vehicle.
And drive from state to state.
Do they let you do that?

I suppose.

No papers?

No papers, state to state...

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 02:30 PM
I definitely will emigrate to the USA some day.
So I thought about what is the car friendliest state where you can live?
Wich states have fewest dumb laws like emission tests or something like that?

Where can you feel free to customize your car or truck with no limits?
Where can you drive rusty beaters which barely have brakes?
So whats the best state for car freaks?

Are there even states like that or am i dreaming of a perfect world? lol
Oh, and BTW, I consider "car friendly" a place that I don't have to worry about rusty old beaters rear ending me when they have no brakes or worrying about my highways being clogged with pieces of junk that break down every other day.

As for DUI, I hate having the limits being an arbitrary .08. Instead of lowering it, I want to see it prosecuted fully. I want a first offense to be a loss of license for 30 days and a 2nd offense being a year and a 3rd forever. With resultant jail time increasing as well. Kill someone while drunk and you get 20, 30, 50 years. Something VERY significant. Even if it were a one time accident, a loss of life is a loss of life.

Laws like front plate requirements and basic modifications being "illegal" are what irritate me. Massachusetts has those but no longer strict emissions, just OBD-II. I run my modded V and find inspectors who will ignore my lack of front plate and 27% Texas installed tint. A good tuner can fool OBD-II into thinking you have cats. And the police can be a pain but I have managed to get along. And we have the lowest death rate(.7 deaths to 100,000,000 miles driven) in the nation.

Sevillian273
04-16-11, 02:33 PM
Florida, outside of any gated community or HOA, and away from any major city. The more rural the area, the more you can do.

Engines are more efficient here at sea level, there's no testing, and the air is clean even in the big city. The roads are flat which is good for gas mileage and keeps trannys happy. Even the city runs airboats up and down the canals with open headers. And best of all, there's no salting of the roads!!

Stingroo
04-16-11, 02:51 PM
Yep. Florida it is. There's no snow, no salt, no emissions testing, no inspections, no BS. If it has wheels, can steer, and can stop - you can drive it.

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 03:02 PM
along with boring, flat roads and uninsured drivers galore...

Stingroo
04-16-11, 03:06 PM
I've never dealt with any accidents, so I wouldn't know whether or not most driver's carry insurance.

Playdrv4me
04-16-11, 03:08 PM
As far as which state is friendliest to the car itself? That would be NV. A dry climate with little humidity, a higher latitude so sun damage is rarely a problem, and wide open spaces to stretch out the car's legs. It would be a tie with AZ.

Florida comes in a close second for being DRIVER friendly as well due to its lax emissions policies, lack of MOTOR VEHICLE PROPERTY TAX (that's a big one), and generally hands off approach. Unfortunately, FL is full of NY/NJ transplants that bring their driving habits with them and pose an ever present threat to your beloved ride (lots of wrecks and repaints to watch out for in FL), and the latitude is lower so the sun itself does the damage there. The further south you go and the more populated the area, the worse this stuff gets. In the SO FL area (where my 'lade came from), transmissions actually have a shorter lifespan than you would think too... tons of stop and go traffic in HIGH heat and even more shitty drivers everywhere. Transmissions get quite stressed down there just from driving point A to point B.

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 03:15 PM
out of all the states iv been to lives in travel to and all
i think it would be Idaho
sagle idaho to be exact family has a farm over there and 3 farms with in a 800 acre rang of each other they all have supper hot cars and
no emisions crap on them loud as hell
and never have problems when riding threw town in them lol

but its not state its countie that decides weather they want Emisions testing

drewsdeville
04-16-11, 03:56 PM
As for DUI, I hate having the limits being an arbitrary .08. Instead of lowering it, I want to see it prosecuted fully. I want a first offense to be a loss of license for 30 days and a 2nd offense being a year and a 3rd forever. With resultant jail time increasing as well. Kill someone while drunk and you get 20, 30, 50 years. Something VERY significant.

Lol^^^ Lose license for 30 days? 20 years for killing someone? I thought you said significant...

How is that going to deter anyone? It's no different than hiking ticket costs. The effects are only temporary. So a DUI costs you a few thousand and the minor inconvenience of using an occupational license for a whopping month. In a short while, the effects will be gone and the whole event forgotten and buried.

In WI, over half of first time offenders end up being repeat offenders. Here, you lose your license for 6 months on first offense.

Stingroo
04-16-11, 04:05 PM
Personally, I think DUI should be zero-tolerance. There's no excuse for it anyway. You get one, you lose your license. Too harsh? Should have called the f*cking cab in the first place.

King-German-Fool
04-16-11, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all the answers.
I heard of Florida before.
Spend my holidays there like 2 years ago. And i think i never saw as much mud boggers on the street than there. lol

But equal wich state, it will be a paradise compared to Germany. Nearly everything wich is not stock is illegal here. The emission and inspection laws are insane. 1 Gallon Gas is around 9,30$ ...
The only good thing is, that you don't have speed limits on the Highways.

drewsdeville
04-16-11, 04:18 PM
Personally, I think DUI should be zero-tolerance. There's no excuse for it anyway. You get one, you lose your license. Too harsh? Should have called the f*cking cab in the first place.

Exactly. It has to be a life-changing experience...but that's easier said than done. I am truly a firm believer in "driving is a privilege, not a necessity". Therefore, in my eyes, ff the responsibility of safe driving is too much for you to handle, then we just won't burden you with that expectation. The way I see it, losing your license for life is getting off easy - as Jim stated, death could be involved. I'm sure most would rather live without a drivers license than the weight of an unnecessary killing on your shoulders.

If you have to move, quit your job, or get your fatass in some running shoes or on a bicycle, then so be it. There are plenty of other people looking for jobs now that would be happy to fill your position if you can't cope with the consequences of your poor decision.

The problem is, however, DUI's are a MASSIVE source of revenue, so it's financially beneficial to keep the lighter restrictions in effect. Public safety is still secondary to cash, unfortunately.

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 05:24 PM
Lol^^^ Lose license for 30 days? 20 years for killing someone? I thought you said significant...

How is that going to deter anyone? It's no different than hiking ticket costs. The effects are only temporary. So a DUI costs you a few thousand and the minor inconvenience of using an occupational license for a whopping month. In a short while, the effects will be gone and the whole event forgotten and buried.

In WI, over half of first time offenders end up being repeat offenders. Here, you lose your license for 6 months on first offense.

Personally, I think DUI should be zero-tolerance. There's no excuse for it anyway. You get one, you lose your license. Too harsh? Should have called the f*cking cab in the first place.Look, I agree with both of you. I quickly typed that out and, believe me, I'd want it more severe, too.

On the flipside, for an offense without incident, as long as we have BAC test which is not absolute or 100% accurate, and a .08% level than I think there should be a moderate 1st offense penalty. 30 days can still be a deterrent. Personally, I went out for a bachelor party when I was 22 and got buzzed and drove home. After that, I NEVER did that again. I saw what I did and made the change.

If there ever was an incident on a 1st offense and I killed someone, I would expect life in prison. I know that wouldn't happen in this day but I would deserve it and the guilt would kill me anyway.

But I hear people with more than 10 offenses who are on the road, whether legally or illegally and they are always given minimum sentences. It's ridiculous...

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 05:29 PM
BTW, I don't drink much anyway. As a chauffeur and business owner, I take my driving very seriously. If I'm within 8 hours of my leaving for work, I don't have alcohol. Most nights that I go out for dinner, I just stay alcohol free to be safe...

Stingroo
04-16-11, 05:32 PM
Yeah, first offense with no incident should be a year with no license. If any incident occurs, you just plain lose it. It really should be as close to zero tolerance as possible. I don't think this is an area where we need to dick around with fines and BS. We have a million nickel and dime violations already for that.

DUI revenue lost? Bah. They'll just enforce jaywalking. Problem solved.

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 05:57 PM

We agree on something
I might go into a a pub or resturant and have 1 or 2 brewskis with my lunch
and then get in the car and go home or off to where ever it was i was going

between the food i just washed the beer down with and the watter i drank
then a half hour after finishing the beer get in the car and drive im ok

but i don't agree with driving intoxicated

i think if you go swing down 3 4 5 6 7 bees or a shot and a few pers and then go right into the car after wards then your asking for trouble
i feel DUI's should loose license for 1 year not 6 months like we have in ohio
i think second DUI should loose license for 2 years 3rd DUI well you just struck out with license indefinably revoked untill a judge above me gives it back

i think you injure someone in a DUI you should be stoned to death ok maybe thats a bit harsh lol
but license revoked for life no other judge can over ruel this i feel would be appropriate
maybe jail for sevral years and during that time you get community services whyll you are in jail to go out and work programs like Dare and drunk drivers Mothers against drunk drivings i think they should have to complete 1 year of at least 1 weekend each month whyll serving there time in helping with these organizations and not the easy stuff the hard stuff like set up and tear down and then be used as a reason why not ot drink and rive by going up and having to tell his or her story on why they are in this position right now

gary88
04-16-11, 05:59 PM
Poland has super strict DUI laws. The legal limit is 0.02 and if you get caught higher than that you face up to two years in prison and loss of your license for up to 10 years.

Stingroo
04-16-11, 06:01 PM
I like Poland's idea.

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 06:08 PM
this i think is a little over kill and over use of power for a judge to give life i feel that if and when the u.s appeals court gets this case they will post likly over turn it because its probalby a judge that is just over using his power
first off the judge has the right to revoke a license for life so
WTF is up with them not doing that after 1 or 2 DUI's they alow the defendant to lead out do a few months in county jail go to a drivers ed class or 2 and get there license back in 6 to 12 months then to only do that 5 or 6 times and then that same judge gives the guy life the next time
well should have never let him get a license again judges have that power if they want
so its there fualt in a way
now if they are driving without a license and continue to do so and not obey and do things like that
then life in prison would be a different story id think maybe a half way home where they would have to report ones a day for drug and alchoola testing no driving privileges walk or take a buss to work
if you disobey any of that then you go to prison

but here
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-life-sentence-ninth-dwi/story?id=11395058

i think life in prison when the judge is the one handing him back the key to get his license after his first sevral no way its the judges fualt
and they want to over kill there power by giving someone life just to have the notice of they are the ones who let them get back there license not looked at

Jesda
04-16-11, 08:52 PM
I dont trust US prosecutors to be fair and just. Its a game for too many of them.

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 09:02 PM
I dont trust US prosecutors to be fair and just. Its a game for too many of them.

yes but the sentence has nothing to do with the prosecutor
even if the prosecutor agrees to some crazy ace please of like 6 months in lock up and 1 year suspended license with 200 hours of community service for
after say your 2nd DUI
its up to the judge weather or not he permits what the prosecutor recommends or if he wants to hit him with the book

Hey jesda your spelling is off on Dont its spelled Don't :tisk: lol

Sevillian273
04-16-11, 09:17 PM
Poland has super strict DUI laws. The legal limit is 0.02 and if you get caught higher than that you face up to two years in prison and loss of your license for up to 10 years.

0.02%?!. That would make me think twice about using mouthwash before my ride to work!

I wonder what the legal limit is in Russia... Whatever it is, it surely excludes vodka!

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 09:17 PM
TP correcting Jesda's spelling. I'm looking out my bay window for the meteor that ends it all...

Stingroo
04-16-11, 09:52 PM
I thought I saw it, but...

it was just a Mercury Comet.

:rimshot:

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 09:53 PM
0.02%?!. That would make me think twice about using mouthwash before my ride to work!

I wonder what the legal limit is in Russia... Whatever it is, it surely excludes vodka!

my grandfather took me up in a sesna ones about when i was 7 or 8 i think
with his friends urie yes thats a rusian mame because he was rusian jewish
and my grandfather was jewish this was my moms side of the family
urie helped get my Moms father out of germany back in the day when all that stuff we don't like to talk about went down
well we where going from a place called Kill Buck Ohio to Ypsilanti Mi
and i asked so when does the stordest come around with drinks jokingly didn't think they actualy had it lol
urie tells me to get the cooler from under my seat i do
he pulls out some rusian vodka bottles like they little ones on on real airlines have
he gave one to grandpa and looked at him and noded ok gave one to me
and we drank oh dang im never having vodka again i said and ever since then i been a whisky or burbon man
yes my grandpa would help me out from time to time lol

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 09:55 PM
TP correcting Jesda's spelling. I'm looking out my bay window for the meteor that ends it all...

Its coming just wait 2012 LMAO

I knew that would get yall

Ranger
04-16-11, 10:00 PM

Now if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 10:09 PM
Now if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

I always thought that the word ain't was made up by ghetto thugs but from the looks of it in the dictionary its a real word
darn gotta give them thugs there props lol

johnny kannapo
04-16-11, 10:23 PM
Texas or the Dakotas.

Destroyer
04-16-11, 10:42 PM
No where. All states have emissions testing, but all counties are not subject to them. I don't have any, but people in the neighboring town do. The closer to a big metropolitan city (like Chicago), the more likely you will be subjected to emissions testing. The more rural areas don't.Florida doesn't have any emission testing as far as I know. I could be wrong. Years ago they started that crap but quickly stopped (thank god). I'd say Florida is a very "car friendly" state right now. :thumbsup:

Ranger
04-16-11, 10:43 PM
WOW! I'm shocked.

Destroyer
04-16-11, 10:48 PM
out of all the states iv been to lives in travel to and all
i think it would be Idaho
sagle idaho to be exact family has a farm over there and 3 farms with in a 800 acre rang of each other they all have supper hot cars and
no emisions crap on them loud as hell
and never have problems when riding threw town in them lol

but its not state its countie that decides weather they want Emisions testingStill sticking to the "super hot cars" thing when you can't even provide 1 pick of these supposed "hot" cars. :hmm:

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 10:50 PM
ohnoes.

Destroyer
04-16-11, 10:52 PM
TP correcting Jesda's spelling. I'm looking out my bay window for the meteor that ends it all...Nice! :cool2:

Destroyer
04-16-11, 10:55 PM
my grandfather took me up in a sesna ones about when i was 7 or 8 i think
with his friends urie yes thats a rusian mame because he was rusian jewish
and my grandfather was jewish this was my moms side of the family
urie helped get my Moms father out of germany back in the day when all that stuff we don't like to talk about went down
well we where going from a place called Kill Buck Ohio to Ypsilanti Mi
and i asked so when does the stordest come around with drinks jokingly didn't think they actualy had it lol
urie tells me to get the cooler from under my seat i do
he pulls out some rusian vodka bottles like they little ones on on real airlines have
he gave one to grandpa and looked at him and noded ok gave one to me
and we drank oh dang im never having vodka again i said and ever since then i been a whisky or burbon man
yes my grandpa would help me out from time to time lol

Huh?:bigroll:

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 11:05 PM
Still sticking to the "super hot cars" thing when you can't even provide 1 pick of these supposed "hot" cars. :hmm:

not ones in there did i say a car was mine i said it was someone els you inset your own words here man not going to work LMAO :banghead::tisk::stirpot::thepan:

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 11:08 PM
Huh?:bigroll:

just sharing a story about vodka and drunk aviating since the subject hit drunk driving and in Russia they probalby drive drunk and the only think they don't consider a dui there is if its on vodka
so just sharing a story about not drunk driving in Russia but a Drunk Rushian Aviator flying a plane on Vodka

why don;t you read the entire thing that was quoted:bighead: before you start to rack you brain around a poll

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 11:09 PM
ohnoes.

I was expecting D to come in here and start to destroy stuff like he does best lol

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 11:13 PM
Florida doesn't have any emission testing as far as I know. I could be wrong. Years ago they started that crap but quickly stopped (thank god). I'd say Florida is a very "car friendly" state right now. :thumbsup:

From what i remember the only state required vehicle inspection in FL
is when your register a vehicle coming from out of state
i had to do this back in 07 with 2 cars that where moved from Oh to FL
they just check the Odo and Vin that all at least thats how it was in 07

Destroyer
04-16-11, 11:20 PM
just sharing a story about vodka and drunk aviating since the subject hit drunk driving and in Russia they probalby drive drunk and the only think they don't consider a dui there is if its on vodka
so just sharing a story about not drunk driving in Russia but a Drunk Rushian Aviator flying a plane on Vodka

why don;t you read the entire thing that was quoted:bighead: before you start to rack you brain around a pollI'm sticking with my first reply. Huh? So what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?:sneaky:

ThumperPup
04-16-11, 11:38 PM
I'm sticking with my first reply. Huh? So what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?:sneaky:

nothing because there was no subject on the price of tea in china :thepan:

ben.gators
04-17-11, 12:07 AM
Dude, stay in Germany! I prefer Germany over USA because of German Autobahnen system!

My car is all stock and is equipped with catalytic converter and has passed emission inspection and it can pass any other safety inspection too. Indeed I believe all of these pollution and safety inspections must be mandatory because the car is running in public places and an unsafe car is not only a deathtrap for its driver and passengers, it is a threat to other drivers and pedestrians too. I follow all the driving rules and regulations and never ever have an accident or a single ticket... But I do hate the low speed limits in the US highways. Driving fast in a highway is not by itself that much dangerous.... There are tons of other wrong driving habits that are much more dangerous than driving fast in a highway.

I know that owning a car in Germany is much more harder and expensive than owning a car in the US because of high taxes or very hard driving license exams over there... But I love the idea of German Autobahnen! :D

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 12:13 AM
we should all chip and pay some freighting ship captian to smugle us and are cars into germany and race the auto bahan in the caddys
we can probalby fit a few hundred atleast on the ship put them in cago containers and so what and so on
and run the autobahn and then ehad back home whos in for it

Destroyer
04-17-11, 12:46 AM
we should all chip and pay some freighting ship captian to smugle us and are cars into germany and race the auto bahan in the caddys
we can probalby fit a few hundred atleast on the ship put them in cago containers and so what and so on
and run the autobahn and then ehad back home whos in for itYour long lost partner in crime is ready :beavis: :bonkers:

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 12:54 AM
Your long lost partner in crime is ready :beavis: :bonkers:

you got that backwards pal

johnny kannapo
04-17-11, 01:20 AM
Jesse Ventura killed the emissions testing program in Minnesota. Testing has not returned yet. There are no safety inspections other than commercial vehicles but that doesn't make it friendly here.

dkozloski
04-17-11, 01:28 AM
In one of the Central American countries if they catch you drunk driving they take you and your wife both twenty miles out of town and you both have to walk home. Now that's cruel.

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 02:35 AM
In one of the Central American countries if they catch you drunk driving they take you and your wife both twenty miles out of town and you both have to walk home. Now that's cruel.

god dang

i wonder what they do in Saudi Arabia take 1 or 2 of your 100 wifes away from you ? lol

Aron9000
04-17-11, 03:11 AM

Yeah and can you imagine all the nagging and shit from your wife on that walk bacK? That's enough of a deterrent right there.:rollingpin:

orconn
04-17-11, 03:24 PM
I agree with Ben.gators, truth be told without safety inspections a much higher percentage of the cars on the road would be dangerous to all around them. Truth be told the probable reason for all the tight enforcement of automobile codes in Germany (aside from the general Germanic prickishness) is that they do have the Autobahns and that the high speeds allowed on these roads makes it necessary that cars traveling them be in the best mechanical shape to cope safely with those speeds. As far as the more stringent driving test required in many parts of the world, besides the U.S., reflects the attitude that driving is a privilege rather than a "right" awarded to even the dimmest of those among us at birth!

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 04:15 PM
the one good thing that i could think of but not sure if its really something that would be or not be
but if i a state has no saftey or emisions inspection
than can they give you tikets for things like cracked windows missing tail lights loud exsuast stuff like that
im sure they would find something to right it up as
but can they actualy right up a tiket for a vehicle saftey issue if the state has no inspection ?

King-German-Fool
04-17-11, 04:39 PM
With reference to to the speed limits:
Isn't America full of endless long lonely highways thru the back country?
Isn't it possible to go as fast as you want on such roads? Or do you really want to tell me, you never go fast with all your cars with do at least over 150 mph.
If you never go fast and blow thru the engine the car gets lazy and fat, cause of sediments and stuff like that. lol
I'm in the USA almost every year during the holidays. I travelled a lot thru the country, sometimes over hours and hours on a straight line highway without seeing an other car for miles.
So it must be possible to speeding there.
I couldn't do it, cause my dad was driving the rental. But in theory it must be possible.

Stingroo
04-17-11, 04:43 PM
Honestly, it's extremely difficult. Get caught once and you're pretty much in jail.

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 04:48 PM
its possible you can do it if you want to
but its not legal and if you get caught your screwd

orconn
04-17-11, 04:55 PM
Yes there are plenty of places out west that have roads that would permit testing the actual top speed of your car. Sub seems to have found them in rural Maryland. However there are two problems; i.e. there is the chance that these roads may be patrolled by aircraft in which case you will either be stopped at some point by a LFO or receive a ticket in the mail. Of course, there is also the wisdom of driving that fast on roads that are easily available to wildlife and errant farm animals not to mention unskilled and unsuspecting drivers may be encountered.

Should really desire to test the top limits of your car drag strips and road tracks are available for a safer way to do it. Better to limit the potential for destruction to your own life rather than involuntarily including others.

But I am afraid like most places your adolescent dream of unfettered car ownership and operation really can't be legally accomplished here in the U.S. Sorry to disappoint you!

Jesda
04-17-11, 05:14 PM
Its amazing how certain functions on the forum make certain posts hidden from view. :D

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 05:16 PM
I wonder if a bunch of us got together with the same color same model vehicles and drove on a road or highway that was patrolled by air plane perhaps
how would they be able to tell wich one of us was speeding i know that the government military cia fbi probably have the capability of seeing a license plate at such an angle from such a high distance
but do you think a city or state highway patrol would spend the money on that equipment
like say if they only saw 2 of us speeding and dragging each other at the same time but there where 6 sevilles same color and all
how would they actually be able to know who to pull over if they radio to have someone stop a speeder up ahead we could each point the finger at each other or all denie it and its the coppers dutie to proofe wich of us was breaking the law at the time so how would they figure that out ?

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 05:21 PM
But I am afraid like most places your adolescent dream of unfettered car ownership and operation really can't be legally accomplished here in the U.S. Sorry to disappoint you!

there are a few options to make it possible one being
if he really wants to be able to open it up spend millions and millions on alot of land in some very rural area of the u.s.a build yoru home on there to live
and built your own highway private access only on your propertly but make it look like a real highway not a track and blow your mind away with it

of if you have billions
i hear the state of ohio is going to think about leasing out our turnpike
heard a few rumors and these are not gossip rumors they actualy came from ppl who are good on things like this type of info
so you lease the turnpike charge what ever rates you want you also have to be the one responsible for upkeep on the turnpike if you let it go to shreds then they state could take it back for non upkeep id guess
and then raise the speed limit to what ever you want it to be

ben.gators
04-17-11, 06:05 PM
Its amazing how certain functions on the forum make certain posts hidden from view. :D

Define certain function and certain posts please! :D

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 06:15 PM
Define certain function and certain posts please! :D

x2 i was wondering that same thing

Jesda
04-17-11, 06:25 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-17-11, 06:35 PM
Getting back to the original topic:

What state has the most notable "car culture"? Is most welcome to hot-rodders and car fanatics? I want to say California because of the warm weather, scenic views, thousands of car shows each year, but they're also the most stringent on emissions and I'd imagine they'd do all they can to make sure everyone is driving a small, fuel efficient car.

ThumperPup
04-17-11, 06:44 PM
Getting back to the original topic:

What state has the most notable "car culture"? Is most welcome to hot-rodders and car fanatics? I want to say California because of the warm weather, scenic views, thousands of car shows each year, but they're also the most stringent on emissions and I'd imagine they'd do all they can to make sure everyone is driving a small, fuel efficient car.

very true on this part
i know someone who knows someone LOL
naw but there is a guy in my area that has 2 cars down in SF and they have Ohio plates on them
whyll he has 2 cars up here in Ohio that have Cali plates on them for some reason
and i just realized this and thought about it again when you posted this and now i understand why might just be to get around the trouble of the state and all but maybe there are other reasons he has for it

Stingroo
04-17-11, 08:02 PM
Florida again. Great weather, no winter, no emissions

Aron9000
04-18-11, 01:04 AM

Yeah but all your roads are flat, straight, and boring. Middle and East Tennessee has some very beautiful, scenic roads and drives. Of course most Tennesseans drive 4wd pickups and a luxury car is a diesel King Ranch dually.

Snow is light to pretty severe depending on where you live in Tennessee, so its not like 365 days a year of nice weather like Cali. But winter is only 3 months of the year, not like that six months bullshit you have up north. Cars generally don't rust around here either.

You do have emmissions testing bs if you live in Nashville or the surrounding counties, Chattanooga, Knoxville or Memphis. The worst part is they test all the way back to 1975 or 76, so putting a big burly big block in your smog era sled is kind of a no go.

Playdrv4me
04-18-11, 03:56 AM
Yeah but all your roads are flat, straight, and boring. Middle and East Tennessee has some very beautiful, scenic roads and drives. Of course most Tennesseans drive 4wd pickups and a luxury car is a diesel King Ranch dually.

Snow is light to pretty severe depending on where you live in Tennessee, so its not like 365 days a year of nice weather like Cali. But winter is only 3 months of the year, not like that six months bullshit you have up north. Cars generally don't rust around here either.

You do have emmissions testing bs if you live in Nashville or the surrounding counties, Chattanooga, Knoxville or Memphis. The worst part is they test all the way back to 1975 or 76, so putting a big burly big block in your smog era sled is kind of a no go.

And the Powerblock TV Studios are in TN :D

ThumperPup
04-18-11, 11:43 AM
and they have the best whiskey also in TN

thebigjimsho
04-18-11, 02:53 PM
Sun and salt damage, no nothing allows atrocious vehicles to threaten your safety and snow allows for the MOST driving fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMX3CWcmcFk

Stingroo
04-18-11, 02:56 PM
Snow is quite fun... but bleh.

thebigjimsho
04-18-11, 02:57 PM
nothing because there was no subject on the price of tea in china :thepan:
I'm shocked you haven't started a "price of tea in china" thread yet...

drewsdeville
04-18-11, 03:11 PM
You only need snow to play when you car doesn't have the balls to do it on dry pavement anyway.

When all you've got to work with is the 4.6 2V in a 4000lb vehicle, snow and ice is your only hope :P

ThumperPup
04-18-11, 03:14 PM
Sun and salt damage, no nothing allows atrocious vehicles to threaten your safety and snow allows for the MOST driving fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMX3CWcmcFk

yuck i hate snow im out of here next winter

ThumperPup
04-18-11, 03:15 PM

what ever dude

try this one out
i was at the most recent Mock Boston Tea Party and ill be at the next one lol

ThumperPup
04-18-11, 03:16 PM

what ever dude

try this one out
i was at the most recent Mock Boston Tea Party and ill be at the next one lol

thebigjimsho
04-18-11, 03:19 PM
You were in Boston? ewww...

thebigjimsho
04-18-11, 03:21 PM
You only need snow to play when you car doesn't have the balls to do it on dry pavement anyway.

When all you've got to work with is the 4.6 2V in a 4000lb vehicle, snow and ice is your only hope :P
Well, I could do that in the dry with my 630hp Cadillac. You want to replace my $400+ Michelin PS2s?

drewsdeville
04-18-11, 03:25 PM
Na, but at least you'd have a video worth posting then!

thebigjimsho
04-18-11, 08:19 PM
well, that's true...

CadillacCastle
04-20-11, 09:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_the_United_States West Texas has speed limits up to 80 mph. I am glad Texas has inspection sticker laws because I want all drivers to have good tires, good brakes, good steering, headlights, taillights, turn signals, mirrors and most of all no cars smoking like a freight train. I wish they still inspected the headlight adjustments when getting an inspection sticker. This city does not have emission inspections like Dallas and Houston. Texas has a lot of good smooth roads to enjoy cruising on. In east Texas we have a river mud run once a year for 4 wheel drive vehicles near Palestine at the Neches river. I like living in this small town I live in because it does not have traffic jams, there is only 1 red light. We had 1 policeman about 20 years ago until he got caught with some weed. Oh and how did I do on my spelling? It has been a hard time reading some of these posts. LOL