: Flow Master Exhaust

Trans-1
04-16-11, 12:58 PM
Can some one tell me if they have installed a new exhaust system like flow master? If so did your performance increase? Thanks in advance...

PreachRR
04-16-11, 09:47 PM
I installed the magna flow on my truck and found a slight improvement in milage as well as a much more linear power band. Truck pulls hard all the up sounds good too.

slowstang305
04-16-11, 09:49 PM
Flowmaster are known to drone. Be careful about which muffler you purchase

DTEK01
04-16-11, 11:07 PM
PreachRR...How is the drone on it?

PreachRR
04-17-11, 12:18 AM
Not bad at all .. I might even go as far as to say none.. It has just a bit more cabin noise than stock..

krieghoff
04-17-11, 08:43 AM
If it has more cabin noise then it is not worth the performance gain!

chirochris
04-17-11, 10:15 AM
i did alot of research on this for months and months because i did not want to ruin my lade as far as inside and outside sound, and of course performance gains...spoke to alot of regular guys who installed lots of exhaust on there trucks, custom car companies , cadillac and the exhaust companies...this is what i found---when combining increase in performance, no drone(cabin noise) and sound outside---the hands down winnner was CORSA SPORT..corsa has no drone technology, so basically if you are not on the gas you dont hear the exhaust, but if you hit the gas this things roars..hardly any noise when cruising on highway...corsa touring was way to mild and not worth the $$$ to me, flow master way to loud and drone was unbearable..and the runner up and the one i had to choose from was B&B...pipe was larger than stock and sounded great, like an old muscle car but didnt have drone technology and couldnt give me a quiet cabin...they were basically the same price so i went with the CORSA SPORT for the more quiet cabin and nasty sound when hitting the gas....just my opinion---hope this helps

Trans-1
04-17-11, 01:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for your replys..........