: Hey Guys I can't find brake pads please help...

Somefun
04-16-11, 07:29 AM
I'm heading to the track for some fun but I want to buy some track pads....No one has the Hawk DT70 front and 60's for the rear in stock....Any ideas? I'll try a differant brand but I need to get them from someone that has them instock....

baabootoo
04-16-11, 02:23 PM
I keep asking why people buy different pads for occasional use. The stockers work very, very well, and since you're new to this, will out perform your skill level. Ever thought of just giving them a shot first?

Somefun
04-16-11, 06:49 PM
I keep asking why people buy different pads for occasional use. The stockers work very, very well, and since you're new to this, will out perform your skill level. Ever thought of just giving them a shot first?

Sorry but I'm not new to this. I've been doing track days for years.....I put Hawks on my E46 M3 and my Corvette and they worked great.. The stock pads WILL get TOO hot and leave shit all over the rotors.... I'm thinking you need to step on it a little harder so you can find out.......

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I know for beginners that it's good to go with a stock car to know its limits better. BUT, I would always recommend more aggressive pads on the track even with a stock setup. You never know when you overdo it. And having the ability to save your ass is a good thing...

thebigjimsho
04-16-11, 07:05 PM
BTW, I just talked to Gary at bigbrakeparts.net He was just finishing up at NHMS but he thinks he has them in stock. He's local to me and I have bought pads and brake fluids from him and he's aware of the CTS-V. He's provided parts for both my '04 and '09. Shoot him an email through his website:

http://bigbrakeparts.net/

Teutonaddict
04-16-11, 07:09 PM
I keep asking why people buy different pads for occasional use

It's not so much the occasional use, it's the specific use. The operating range of rotor temps on a good road course (when you're in a rhythm) is well beyond the stocker's effective operating range. And just like it's well worth it to put a set of dedicated snows on all four corners for those of you in winter climates (because the all-season compromise does a sh!tty job in all-seasons), it's well worth it to put dedicated track pads on for road course work. BTW, because these Brembo's are designed for high performance usage, it's easier to swap pads and flush brake fluid on these cars than it is on virtually anything out there.

Somefun
04-17-11, 09:08 AM
BTW, I just talked to Gary at bigbrakeparts.net He was just finishing up at NHMS but he thinks he has them in stock. He's local to me and I have bought pads and brake fluids from him and he's aware of the CTS-V. He's provided parts for both my '04 and '09. Shoot him an email through his website:

http://bigbrakeparts.net/

Thank Big Jim! I'll call him Monday morning for sure.....