: Service removed the head off my engine, Help!

son32ya
04-15-11, 03:59 PM
I have an 2008 Escalade with 60k miles on it and they had to take the head off the engine. I was told they still couldn't keep the compression up.

I was wondering have anyone else experienced this?

Since it's still under the 100k warranty; someone suggested that I contact the "Service Area Manager" to request a new SUV or complete engine.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!:hmm:

Playdrv4me
04-15-11, 09:27 PM
LOL, they're not going to give you a "new SUV" at 60,000 miles. That is truly wishful thinking, however a new engine is DEFINITELY within reason if they can not solve whatever the problem is within a reasonable amount of time. It may well need one.

Tec80
04-15-11, 09:38 PM
Probably to look at the cylinder bores to see if there is scoring damage that would explain the loss of compression. If there is, you will get a new engine.

Tec80
04-15-11, 09:40 PM
What problem did you take it in for? Oil consumption? Rough running?

son32ya
04-18-11, 02:08 PM
Rough running! Thanks for all suggestions, they've had it now for 5 days

TexFinn
04-18-11, 03:26 PM
So... What has been the suggestion of the service people as to how to get rid of the problem? I think they should be the ones suggesting you what to do, not us.

Once they suggest something, then we might be able to give you some pointers.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-18-11, 04:54 PM
son32ya, You may also want to get into contact with our Customer Assistance team. I can assist on that point. If you would like to send me your contact information and a brief explanation of the issues you are having I would be happy to setup a case for you to get the ball rolling on this issue.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept
04-18-11, 04:59 PM
definitely do that ^^^^
probably the best way to get things moving
especially if your dealer is dragging it's feet...
although that doesn't yet appear to be the case there's no harm in getting Cust Svc involved