: What are your thoughts on the Royal Wedding?

orconn
04-15-11, 03:45 PM
The world is waiting to know what Cadillac owners think about the upcoming Royal Wedding.

Did you know that the wealthiest royal family in the world is now that of Thailand! Neither did I!

Ranger
04-15-11, 03:50 PM
What royal wedding?

ThumperPup
04-15-11, 03:52 PM
i don't care not my business don't need to get into finding out about it i could care less abnout royall wedding then i could a homeless couples wedding
its not my business and i think to many ppl get into other ppls business

vincentm
04-15-11, 04:39 PM
My Caddy gets far more attention from me than Celebrities.

hueterm
04-15-11, 05:43 PM
There is no "chirping crickets" smilie...

Rolex
04-15-11, 06:54 PM
My thoughts are as follows:

Stingroo
04-15-11, 07:02 PM
Don't give a shit. It irritates the hell out of me every time I hear about it on the "news".

thebigjimsho
04-15-11, 09:11 PM
I would soooo do Kate Middleton...

http://www.newsupdatesx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/kate-middleton.jpg

thebigjimsho
04-15-11, 09:12 PM
http://freenewfashiondesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/picture-of-kate-middleton.jpg

thebigjimsho
04-15-11, 09:17 PM
http://www.diariofemenino.com/images/galeria/10000/10125_kate-middleton-pillada-en-un-descuido.jpg

thebigjimsho
04-15-11, 09:19 PM
There's something about English chicks named Kate...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1tOVxFjmXk8/TCFWGuRdULI/AAAAAAAAD0s/1GSgQvh2Czs/s1600/Kate%2BBeckinsale%2B01.jpg

Ranger
04-15-11, 09:22 PM
I would soooo do Kate Middleton...

That's a whole other thread.

thebigjimsho
04-15-11, 09:26 PM
hmm...

gdwriter
04-15-11, 09:30 PM
Kate's hot, and from what I gather, smart and savvy as well. I think she's up to the challenge of what's known as The Firm. I always liked Diana despite her flaws, and I think Kate is better prepared to deal with it than her late future mother-in-law. William seems to have a good head on his shoulders as well. I wish them well.

I'm not a huge follower of the British royal family, but in some ways I like the tradition. But I'm not a British taxpayer either.

ben.gators
04-16-11, 01:34 AM
For royal wedding: Null
For Kate Middleton::lildevil:

Aron9000
04-16-11, 03:25 AM
To be quite frank, I'm not British enough to give a damn . . .

S70RMP
04-16-11, 04:32 AM
I'm British and proud to be British, but I'm not bothered by the wedding - except for the country has been given the day off ! aint going to complain about an extra bank holiday.

so we get friday 22nd (good friday) off, Monday 25th (easter monday) off -I've booked 26/27/28 off and then we are given Friday 29th (wedding day) off and Monday 2nd May (Mayday) off so for booking 3 days off work I get 11 days away from work ! aint that great !

Stingroo
04-16-11, 07:29 AM
You sir, win.

S70RMP
04-16-11, 08:13 AM
You sir, win.

I feel like Charlie Sheen ! #winning !

The goverment would like everybody to have street parties !
http://www.streetparty.org.uk/royal-wedding-street-parties.aspx

I sure as hell WILL NOT be taking part in them.

It looks like it's going to be shown like on a load of tv channels here !
Must download a load of films to watch during the day

Stingroo
04-16-11, 08:33 AM
That's so obnoxious of them, honestly. It baffles me that there really ARE people who actually care about the lives of other people who they've never met (and likely never will meet) so damn much.

jimsbox
04-16-11, 03:03 PM
I'm British and proud to be British, but I'm not bothered by the wedding - except for the country has been given the day off ! aint going to complain about an extra bank holiday.

so we get friday 22nd (good friday) off, Monday 25th (easter monday) off -I've booked 26/27/28 off and then we are given Friday 29th (wedding day) off and Monday 2nd May (Mayday) off so for booking 3 days off work I get 11 days away from work ! aint that great !

So how does anyone get any work done in England? How many bank holidays are there now?

S70RMP
04-17-11, 02:03 AM
We have one if not the least public bank holidays in europe !

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/LivingintheUK/DG_073741

ben.gators
04-17-11, 06:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug&feature=player_embedded

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-17-11, 12:40 PM
Couldn't care less. I will say however that she is ridiculously good looking and he's a lucky gent.

S70RMP
04-17-11, 01:07 PM
i have to say I dont think she's that good looking.

dkozloski
04-17-11, 07:00 PM
I don't give a rat's ass if they leave town for their honeymoon on a freight train. Overall however, I wish them the best of luck.

Rolex
04-17-11, 07:35 PM
i have to say I dont think she's that good looking.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not that I have unattainable standards in women, but she lacks a certain youthful appeal to me (ie she looks kind of old). There's just something 9/10 about her. :hide:

concorso
04-17-11, 07:37 PM
I have no ill feelings toward either of them. They seem nice, and I wish them the best of luck, also.

That being said, who gives a shit what they do? At least movie and sports stars provide us with entertainment enough to warrant us paying so much attention. The money wasted on that family...they are well-dressed human leeches, at best.

orconn
04-17-11, 07:59 PM
I have no ill feelings toward either of them. They seem nice, and I wish them the best of luck, also.

That being said, who gives a shit what they do? At least movie and sports stars provide us with entertainment enough to warrant us paying so much attention. The money wasted on that family...they are well-dressed human leeches, at best.

There are many who feel they get plenty of entertainment from the antics of the Royal Family of Great Britain. Just because you prefer your entertainment to come in baggy pants or tight fitting pants or no pants ... it's all just entertainment all the same!

concorso
04-17-11, 09:14 PM
There are many who feel they get plenty of entertainment from the antics of the Royal Family of Great Britain. Just because you prefer your entertainment to come in baggy pants or tight fitting pants or no pants ... it's all just entertainment all the same!I see your point. These are 2 different forms of entertainment, imo. Sports stars and movie stars showcase a skill (in theory) and make an effort to defend the kind of attention/salaries they get. The Royal Family simply exists. How did Prince William come to get the attention he's been receiving throughout his life? His father didnt use a condom. I really have no respect for monarchy in general.

Destroyer
04-17-11, 10:42 PM
What exactly is it that the "royal family" does? Seriously, what do they do?:suspense:

Ranger
04-17-11, 10:45 PM
They do nothing. They don't have to. They are "entitled".......................................... to live off the people of England.

Destroyer
04-17-11, 11:12 PM
They do nothing. They don't have to. They are "entitled".......................................... to live off the people of England.
Alright. Why?

77CDV
04-18-11, 11:16 PM
Like many things English, the royals are a holdover from the past. Traditionally, the nobility was charged with defending and governing the realm. As I understand it, the modern function of the sovereign is to act as titular head of state, advise and warn the government of the day, and generally provide a non-partisan person around whom the Commonwealth can rally. The monarch also can provide a sense of stability over time. Elizabeth II has held her office since 1952. Prime ministers have come and gone, lots and lots of things have changed, but she's still there, a constant over time.

Aside from the queen and those in direct line to the throne, though, I have no earthly idea what purpose the rest of them serve these days.

Whether you like them or not, you do have to admit they put on a hell of a show.

Aron9000
04-19-11, 01:43 AM
What exactly is it that the "royal family" does? Seriously, what do they do?:suspense:

Best I can figure they are so well liked they are a key tool to keep people from revolting against the government. At least I would be inclined to revolt if I lived in Britian with big brother watching my every move on CCTV and taxing the hell out of me. Plus all the [middle easterners] moving into my country unchecked and refusing to emigrate into mainstream British society.

gdwriter
04-19-11, 01:48 AM
Whether you like them or not, you do have to admit they put on a hell of a show.When my sister and I go to London in September, it will still be in the limited window where Buckingham Palace is open for tours. We're already looking at a tour that includes the palace.

King-German-Fool
04-19-11, 06:38 AM
I can't understand why people care of this boring, dispensable family.
They do nothing and they can do nothing.
I don't even know the names of those people.

Then i rather watch the wedding of my neighbors two chiwawas. lol

thebigjimsho
04-19-11, 10:07 AM
Then i rather watch the wedding of my neighbors two chiwawas. lol
Germany is full of that kinky crap...

King-German-Fool
04-19-11, 02:04 PM
If so, who would be the trend setter then? :patriot:

That with my neighbor was a joke btw...

orconn
04-19-11, 02:24 PM
So much of what the British call "pomp and circumstance" really is what they also call "fancy dress," we Americans call it a "costume party!" In the past "pomp and circumstance" was a way of reassuring the commoners of their inferiority to the powers that be, today the "costume parties" that the government foots the bill for are really tourism promotion extravaganzas to show that Britain really does cling to the past!

The Prince and his princess to be's wedding will be a much toned down affair compared with his mother and father's celebration ..... much as it should be given his status as second in line for the thrown and the much chastened state of the British economy. Royal haters aside, it should provide a weekend's fun for those "celebrity" (and that is what royalty has become) loving folks around the world to enjoy by their "telly" and for those who have an interest and can afford it (you ever buy a meal in London?) to bolster the U.K.'s economy.

By the way, my Scottish Terrier, Thistle, says "Ach, bah humbug to royal fancy dress ......... and, " can you lend me a bob til Tharsday! If you ain't gotta bob a half penny will do!"

stsuk
04-19-11, 07:30 PM
F$k the royal wedding and all its hype,its getting rammed down our throats if we like it or not,never been a fan of the inbred greek/german family anyway,so what if a useless work shy knob is marrying a northeast coal miners great grandaughter...who cares...what gets my goat is i have to have a day off work,but i know one thing...i wont be watching it....:rant2:

Destroyer
04-20-11, 10:26 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not that I have unattainable standards in women, but she lacks a certain youthful appeal to me (ie she looks kind of old). There's just something 9/10 about her. :hide:9/10 is still an "A". I think she's cute. :thumbsup:

Aron9000
04-21-11, 06:33 AM
9/10 is still an "A". I think she's cute. :thumbsup:

I'd rate the "princess" Kate Middleton about a six out of 10 honestly. Prince Harry rates about a 12 out of 10 in my book though, something about the red hair and clean shaven.:hide:

2005CTS-V
04-21-11, 07:19 AM
Could not care less about it...

Jesda
04-23-11, 01:15 AM
Kate has high cheekbones and cute dimples. I'd wife her. I'd wife her real good.

dkozloski
04-23-11, 03:38 PM
Too skinny. A rag, a bone, and a hank of hair.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-23-11, 03:44 PM
she looks OK, thats it. her slightly attractive appearance is bolstered by the fact that she is soon to be royalty

id hit it, but i wouldnt try to

V-Eight
04-23-11, 06:57 PM
I'd rate the "princess" Kate Middleton about a six out of 10 honestly. Prince Harry rates about a 12 out of 10 in my book though, something about the red hair and clean shaven.:hide:

u on that phaggytime brah?

thebigjimsho
04-24-11, 06:51 PM
no taste bastards.

orconn
04-24-11, 08:09 PM
^^^ I have to agree with Jim, she's a fine looking young women. I'd rate an 8 on my scale, which is higher than most of today's young starlets! We seem to forget that William's mother was literally "cradle robbed" at the age of 19 and pressed into royal service. William's bride to be is much better educated, and in my view better looking and better prepared to hold her own in a situation notoriously full of pitfalls. Cate Middleton seems to have alot more "substance" going for her than a lot of Europe's royal progeny these days.

I do wonder how long Britain's Royal Family can continue to be subsidized with so much of the "Royal Mystique" having dissolved in recent years. I am sure William and Harry would gladly turn their duties as celebrities (oops, I mean Royals) at supermarket openings, not to mention making trips abroad to shill British products to the world.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-24-11, 11:33 PM
Shes twiggy, also, look at her teeth and hair.

Btw, the royal family is on welfare, just sayin

V-Eight
04-25-11, 09:55 AM
^ We better get you a harpoon man, because it sounds like you're into whales.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-25-11, 10:17 AM
^ We better get you a harpoon man, because it sounds like you're into whales.

no whales, just no eels

ben.gators
04-27-11, 03:57 AM
Daily Show: Oliver - Katedown to the Royal Willding - The Coverage of the Century

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-25-2011/katedown-to-the-royal-willding---the-coverage-of-the-century?xrs=synd_facebook

thebigjimsho
04-27-11, 01:07 PM
People can poo poo this wedding all they want. But at 7 I watched the Diana/Charles wedding. I remember it vividly.

orconn
04-27-11, 03:01 PM
People can poo poo this wedding all they want. But at 7 I watched the Diana/Charles wedding. I remember it vividly.

I didn't see the Diana/Charles thing, but I do remember seeing the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II on television.

For those that enjoy that sort of thing, my wife intends to get up at 4:00AM to tune in, it should be a great show and it may be the last of its' kind for a very long time, if ever again!

Stingroo
04-27-11, 03:21 PM
On the subject of the Royal Wedding:

http://classic-icon.com/spiderman/1%20(5).jpg

thebigjimsho
04-27-11, 06:04 PM
I don't need, nor want, to see that language here. Take that shit to the ricer forums...

concorso
04-28-11, 02:46 PM
I think shes very attractive and he seems to be a nice guy. I still think theyre leeches, tho. Dissolve the monarchy, give the money back to the Bristish taxpayers who need it. At least in N.America we have choice when it comes to wasting time and money on our celebrity airheads...

concorso
04-28-11, 02:49 PM
^ We better get you a harpoon man, because it sounds like you're into whales.Funny :) Seriously tho, that redhead on Mad Men is no small lady, and shes freaking gorgeous.

gdwriter
04-28-11, 02:51 PM
I don't need, nor want, to see that language here. Take that shit to the ricer forums...Oh, teh iron knee. :lol:

Stingroo
04-28-11, 05:52 PM
Funny :) Seriously tho, that redhead on Mad Men is no small lady, and shes freaking gorgeous.

:postpics:

thebigjimsho
04-28-11, 07:44 PM
indeed.

thebigjimsho
04-29-11, 09:56 AM
It was all quite lovely, really...

orconn
04-29-11, 12:09 PM
Didn't see the original telecast, but from what I saw of the reruns the wedding looked to be very nice and tasteful for the times.

Queen Victoria had a lot of progeny, that's nothing new, but that so many are still hanging around banging the Royal bit is surprising! I mean "King of Serbia" you gotta be kidding me!

gdwriter
04-29-11, 03:21 PM
Funny :) Seriously tho, that redhead on Mad Men is no small lady, and shes freaking gorgeous.Christina Hendricks as Joan Hollaway Harris is definitely a stunning woman, especially in those form fitting outfits from the 60s:

http://ryanbarrett.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345259a469e20105357c5910970b-800wi

To quote the Cadillac commercial: they hate to see you go, but they love to watch you leave.

77CDV
04-29-11, 03:33 PM
It was all quite lovely, really...

Any excuse to hear the choir of Westminster Abbey and see inside the abbey church. God, that place is gorgeous!

Didn't see the original telecast, but from what I saw of the reruns the wedding looked to be very nice and tasteful for the times.

Queen Victoria had a lot of progeny, that's nothing new, but that so many are still hanging around banging the Royal bit is surprising! I mean "King of Serbia" you gotta be kidding me!

I lol'd, too. Whoever heard of the King of Serbia? Is that anything like the King of Diamonds?

CaddyMan411
04-29-11, 08:35 PM
I don't personally care about the wedding, but it definitely was quite the bizarre fashion show. Did you see some of the weird hats and such? Very funny!

Found this image of the wedding, pretty funny. Someone said that the Prince actually stepped on her vail, but it sure made for a funny photo.

I hope you get a chuckle out of it as I did. :bouncy:

Destroyer
04-29-11, 10:01 PM
Ok, I watched bits and pieces of the wedding this morning (maybe 5 minutes of it, if that). I saw enough to conclude that this was a MAJOR event and very extravagant. I also notice that the bride is VERY hot and anyone that says otherwise must be gay. Thing is, I STILL don't understand what these people do and why they are worthy of such honor? :bonkers:

orconn
04-29-11, 11:41 PM
How'd you like Prince William's driving his dad's Aston Martin DB6 convertible to give everyone another good look at the new princess. Actually, I thought it was kind of cool!

thebigjimsho
04-30-11, 12:36 AM
How'd you like Prince William's driving his dad's Aston Martin DB6 convertible to give everyone another good look at the new princess. Actually, I thought it was kind of cool!
I loved it. I tweeted about it.

Except Meredith Viera didn't understand the concept of right hand drive in Great Britain and was gasping: "And look who's driving!", thinking Kate was driving when she was actually in the passenger seat...

hueterm
04-30-11, 12:40 AM
Hahahhahahahahaha

thebigjimsho
04-30-11, 12:45 AM
I think someone got in her ear really quickly because after saying it twice very excitedly I didn't hear her for a good minute after that...

hueterm
04-30-11, 01:03 AM
So where were they going in the Aston?

Surely they don't drive anywhere w/o tons of security....I can't believe he's still in the military...

thebigjimsho
04-30-11, 01:32 AM
I think all princes serve in the military at some point, at some capacity.

The drive in the Aston was less than a mile, I believe. From Buckingham Palace to the Prince of Wales' residence...

OffThaHorseCEO
04-30-11, 11:08 AM
to the Prince of Wales' residence...

http://thesynopsis.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/quagmire-3865.jpg