: DVD/navigation radio firmware upgrade

Maliburider
04-15-11, 11:34 AM
I have a 2007 EXT. I just ordered a new 2011 Nav disk. I have read in some places that there is a firmware upgrade for the 2007 models. IS this true and if so where can i get it? Will my 2011 nav disk work without the upgrade. And if a dealer upgrade, will they charge me?

Thank You

48Dodge
04-15-11, 11:53 AM
I can't answer your question, but I just got a 2011 disc for my '08. It went through an update when I first put it in the slot. Took about 5-10 minutes and warned me not to shut off the power or change the key position so I am guessing it went through some sort of firmware change. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

purduecmpe
04-15-11, 12:23 PM
That's correct, it does the firmware upgrade automagically!

Maliburider
04-15-11, 03:52 PM
Perfect, thank you. That is what i was hoping for.

Nixin
04-15-11, 07:38 PM
Same here. Placed my new '11 nav disc in the dvd slot. 10 minutes later, presto, new '11 nav disc is operational. I cannot notice a 'huge' difference, however, I am certain that streets, poi and locations have been added and updated over the previous version(s).

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-18-11, 04:04 PM
Maliburider, it looks like you've gotten a pretty good amount of accurate answers here but if you would like I could escalate this question to our Technical Assistance team to see what they say about this question. If you would like the question escalated just direct message me and I'll make it happen.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Maliburider
04-18-11, 06:28 PM
No that ok. All the answers were great and correct. I did get my new disk and ran through the upgrade and it works great!! Thank you for all the help.