: CF steering wheel

getbit
04-15-11, 02:31 AM
Anyone have experience with DSV Interiors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Premium-Carbon-Steering-Wheel-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b9c4c95cQQitemZ17062 0406108QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_2447wt_1026

EVIL_C5
04-15-11, 08:05 AM
yes, myself and several friends have used DSV for Vette parts and the experience could have been ALLOT better.

i bought a carbon wheel from another vendor and my boddy bought one from DSV and the quality difference was night and day. granted i payed probably 300 dollars more than his dsv. he got alcantera and it was all bunched up and wrinkled and looked like something that you buy and put on yourself, whereas mine was leather and looked like something from a ferrari.
another friend ordered some leather parts for his commemorative z06, and at least 3 times the parts had to go back because one thing or another was wrong.

they ma have gotten better over the last year, but I wouldnt hold my breath. im not saying dont buy it, but certainly be careful. go over to corvette forum and do some research. the C6 guys seem pretty happy, but allot of C5 guys werent.

DoingOK
04-15-11, 10:50 AM
^^I agree. I ended up going with Caravaggio for my custom steering wheel on my C6 and it was absolutely perfect.

getbit
04-15-11, 12:22 PM
Actually, I'm not in the market personally.
I had just never heard of them and was curious.
It's hard to find quality vendors.

dvandentop
04-15-11, 07:19 PM
both do good work surprised to hear anything bad about them

wfo
04-15-11, 08:53 PM
Yes, I've used Down South Vettes (DSV) products in my 08 Z06...they are great quality and customr service is awesome. Alcantara D shape steering wheel, Center console pad, Shifter boot and knob, Door panels. I was always able to speak with the owner. He's also been on Jay's Garage (Leno) for which he too had high praise for their fit and finish.

Tony407
04-16-11, 08:01 AM
To me, the steering wheel looks REALLY good from a distance. But the close up shots seem to reveal what looks like some fittment issues, like the seams and sections don't line up very well. Overall though, it looks pretty sweet.

Tony

Razorecko
04-16-11, 11:25 AM
Yea I em'd them for close up pics awhile ago because at closer appearance it just looks like @ss. They never got back to me so that just shows that the craftsmanship leaves much to be desired