: Hennesey Cadillac Escalade VS. Nissan GT-R

uptown
04-14-11, 09:15 AM
Remove the spaces in before the .com to go to the links. I don't have enough posts yet to link stuff.

Video: youtube .com/watch?v=NXpV8_LXrCM&feature=player_embedded

The problem with being the standard-bearer for world-class performance is that you're saddled with the burden of defending your crown at every turn. Take the 2011 Nissan GT-R, for example. This vehicle has the proud distinction of offering one of the highest performance-per-dollar ratios of any car on the planet, and as such, it's the go-to challenger for any high-horsepower machine looking to make a name for itself.

Those would-be stars are typically low-slung tuner creations, but the team from Hennessey chose to line the big-bad Nissan up against something a little less traditional: its HPE1000 Cadillac Escalade. Whereas the 485-horsepower 2011 GT-R can dash to 60 mph in as little as 3.4 seconds, the big SUV packs two turbos, over 1,000 horsepower and 0-60 sprint of 3.3 seconds.

More info: autoblog .com/2011/04/13/video-hennessey-beats-2011-nissan-gt-r-again-this-time-with-tw/

ELUSIVE
04-14-11, 09:46 AM
I read about this yesterday on Autoblog.

While getting a 6000 pound truck to go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds is impressive, I just don't see the point. For the money to do something like this you could probably buy a proper sports car that could also brake and handle well.

Let's see what this Escalade can do when there is a hairpin at the end of a 1/2 mile stretch.

I just don't get it...but I'm sure there's a market for it. Lots of people want to just go fast in a straight line.

smiley47
04-14-11, 11:27 AM
I'd settle for the supercharged 6.2 liter that's in the CTS-V. That would seem to be a high profit, low cost option for GM since additional volume on that engine would lower per unit costs.

Put a nice buldge in the hood.......

RippyPartsDept
04-14-11, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXpV8_LXrCM

TexFinn
04-14-11, 11:46 AM
Damn!!! Very cool!

I just wonder how many transmissions that thing is going to go through in it's lifetime as it seems that no transmission work is included in the Hennessey package.

What comes to the turn at the end of the straightaway, I'm sure there are plenty of passenger vehicles that have been made fast that can't make the turn, either. I don't think the Caddy is about that, it is just about having the power. And the novelty, of course. Not everything people do to their vehicles makes sense, anyway.

Pa4ul
04-14-11, 04:24 PM
ehhh

evois
04-14-11, 08:17 PM
it is a drag race and as far as I know it goes on a straightline. good job caddy!

SxS
04-15-11, 04:34 PM
Another belt notch in the Cadillac winning circle! Awesome!!!

trashguy
04-16-11, 05:12 AM
i like the hood on that lade.

hannity
04-16-11, 11:34 AM
lol....