: X-pipe for CTS-v Coupe ...question

Stormcup
04-14-11, 12:52 AM
hay guys !

just needed some clarification on to which xpipe can i install on my coupe i have the Corsa touring on but its too quite.... thinking of getting an xpipe to go with it but i hear that the xpipe from D3 doesn't fit the stock manifolds....

could anyone confirm that they don't and if there are other xpipes that could fit the stock manifold coz if i change the headers i lose my warranty :helpless:

baabootoo
04-14-11, 12:55 AM
dont the coupes com with a x already.... since the sednas have one cuz it would be a waste to me, right... to quite is loud then....

Stormcup
04-14-11, 01:01 AM
then headers would be a better way to go ?

King335i
04-14-11, 01:32 AM
I'm actually in the same boat. I just got the Corsa sport on my coupe and I am of the opinion that the car is still too quiet. However, for somebody looking for only a mild upgrade to the sound of their stock V coupe, I would have to suggest the Corsa sport system. So far I have experienced absolutely zero drone, and it does add a nice little growl to the exhaust note. Essentially the car now sounds like it should have from the factory, but still too quiet for my taste.

I also am in the market for something that would at least remove the crushed baffling and the secondary-cat (if there is one).

aj660
04-14-11, 12:22 PM
I also am in the market for something that would at least remove the crushed baffling and the secondary-cat (if there is one).

That's why I chose the B&B because it's a cat-back and it came with the x-pipe.

King335i
04-14-11, 05:47 PM
That's why I chose the B&B because it's a cat-back and it came with the x-pipe.

For sure, that's a definite plus of the B&B. I had just assumed that the Corsa would be more aggressive than it is.

Is it not true that an exhaust gets louder with time?

baabootoo
04-15-11, 12:07 AM
Mine, and what I remember reading, is that the B&B got quieter. It was too loud when new, but now nice.

js615
06-01-11, 09:46 AM
@Stormcup -what did you end up doing? I too have just installed a Corsa (althoug I have the Sport). I had a Corsa on my '05 and over time it got a bit deeper and certainly a bit louder as the system seasoned. Curious if your exhaust note has chenged at all since you posted or if you ended up adding the X-Pipe, and if so, how does it sound?

Domsz06
06-01-11, 09:54 AM
king335, u just did axle back?cat back would remove all you wanted to. Maybe you could call corsa and see if they will just sell you the part's you don't have.

aj660
06-01-11, 10:21 AM
king335, u just did axle back?cat back would remove all you wanted to. Maybe you could call corsa and see if they will just sell you the part's you don't have.

I'm pretty sure Corsa only offered axle back for the coupe. This is the reason I passed on Corsa and went b&b.

You can install a cat delete pipe for more sound. If you don't want cat-delete, then call b&b and tell them you want a 200 cell high flow cat that will bolt on to stock manifolds. You can also buy the cat delete pipe and have a muffler shop add a 200 cell cat for $200-300. I was going to do this if the delete pipe was too loud, but I'm happy without the cat.

Domsz06
06-01-11, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty sure Corsa only offered axle back for the coupe. This is the reason I passed on Corsa and went b&b.

You can install I cat delete pipe for more sound. If you don't want cat-delete, then call b&b and tell them you want a 200 cell high flow cat that will bolt on to stock manifolds. Or buy the cat delete pipe and have a muffler shop add a cat to it. Might cost $200-300. I was going to do this if the delete pipe was too loud, but I'm happy with it now without the cat.

oh whoops. I didn't know that. Kinda not kept up on the different options that exist for one or the other.

and King can't find a custom muffler shop so that double sucks, I do remember that. I can't believe there isn't one. That really sucks!

MikeV
06-01-11, 04:58 PM
Have any V2 guys tried DMH low profile electric cutouts? A ton of V1 guys have done it and it is the best of both worlds IMHO. You can go from "coming home at 2AM stealth mode" to full on race car and anywhere in between.

BeagleBrains
06-02-11, 10:20 AM
Mine, and what I remember reading, is that the B&B got quieter. It was too loud when new, but now nice.
W H A T ?
I have had B&B on my Corvette for three years. Conversations are nearly impossible. The brone is nearly constant.
However, It immediately draws an admiring crowd when starting up in a commercial parking lot.
Awsome but loud!