: Headliner color

rjkennedy
04-13-11, 10:49 PM
I've noticed the headliners on the coupe are black while in the wagon and sedan are grey. Any reason why the difference? Never saw color options when I ordered my V wagon. I would have preferred black.

baabootoo
04-14-11, 12:57 AM
You didn't have an interior color option? Their site still shows Ebony (black) or Titanium (silver), or did I miss something in the question?

dvandentop
04-14-11, 01:08 AM
yeah the top 1/2 of the car is bs that it is the gray color. sure wish we had the option for an alcantara headliner like the e63's etc.. Caddy are you listening!

mrl859
04-14-11, 01:21 AM
You didn't have an interior color option? Their site still shows Ebony (black) or Titanium (silver), or did I miss something in the question?I think he means the headliner color.

03Z06Vette
04-14-11, 08:58 AM
I've noticed the headliners on the coupe are black while in the wagon and sedan are grey. Any reason why the difference? Never saw color options when I ordered my V wagon. I would have preferred black.

That's the way they come, no options available. I wish the headliner in my sedan could be black! That would be nice.

CTSV4now
04-14-11, 10:14 AM
My headliner is tan (cashmere) , but I have the ebony/tan insert seats.

rjkennedy
04-14-11, 10:14 AM
My issue is why its offered/ standard with the coupe, but not the wagon or sedan. In my opinion the black looks much nicer than the grey. Dont understand the logic.

SleepTight
04-14-11, 10:45 AM
Agree 100% with this thread. Cadillac should provide an optional black headliner for the Sedan and Wagon. A few years ago, I spent $500 for an optional black headliner on a BMW 5-Series and considered it money well spent.

GM-4-LIFE
04-14-11, 03:34 PM
I was used to the cheap gray headliner on my 2009 CTS-V and 2010 CTS-V and it was a welcomed change when I stepped inside my 2011 CTS-V Coupe and saw the nice black headliner. It makes it so much nicer and just looks classy. GM/Cadillac should make the black headliner standard in just the V-Series vehicles and keep the cheap gray headliner for the standard cheaper CTS vehicles. I am sure the next gen CTS and CTS-V will make ours look like ancient past time vehicles. GM seems to have really leaped ahead years when you compare the V2 to the V1.

IGotId
04-14-11, 08:40 PM
yeah, the gray looks aweful with the black interior, so much so that i'm fairly certain i'll be ordering the titanium interior in my V-wagon

Caddy Wagon
04-14-11, 10:23 PM
yeah, the gray looks aweful with the black interior, so much so that i'm fairly certain i'll be ordering the titanium interior in my V-wagon

Have you seen the titanium interior in person? After seeing both, I like the black interior much better. That's why they have choices though!

IGotId
04-15-11, 12:00 AM
Have you seen the titanium interior in person? After seeing both, I like the black interior much better. That's why they have choices though!

yup, i saw a thunder gray over titanium. i thought it looked real sharp (& is most likely the combination i'm going to go with)

PhxTriode
04-15-11, 12:29 AM
I hat the Toyota looking upper half of the sedan. I thought I read a post that someone had a custom black one done. I think it would finish the car off nicely.

dvandentop
04-15-11, 06:29 PM
I hat the Toyota looking upper half of the sedan. I thought I read a post that someone had a custom black one done. I think it would finish the car off nicely.
they did it was some guy from dubai it was black alcantara looked awesome

PhxTriode
04-15-11, 09:43 PM
they did it was some guy from dubai it was black alcantara looked awesome

That's what I'm talking about. My M5 was that way and I loved it

ClovisQ
04-19-11, 01:15 AM
That Dubai V with the alcantara headliner looked great... Was thinking it'd be a nice cosmetic upgrade for my sedan, but then realized all the hardware I'd have to track down to match (front and rear map light covers, moonroof surround, visors, etc.) might be tough to find in black. Anyone know if the coupe's ceiling hardware is the same as in the sedan? If they're selling coupe parts in black, it'd make for a nice solution to the issue...

dvandentop
04-19-11, 09:56 AM
That Dubai V with the alcantara headliner looked great... Was thinking it'd be a nice cosmetic upgrade for my sedan, but then realized all the hardware I'd have to track down to match (front and rear map light covers, moonroof surround, visors, etc.) might be tough to find in black. Anyone know if the coupe's ceiling hardware is the same as in the sedan? If they're selling coupe parts in black, it'd make for a nice solution to the issue...

good interior shops usually take those pieces apart and can paint them to match other stock trim piece colors

EricVonHa
04-19-11, 10:21 AM
If you watch the speed channel special about the v, you'll see that even black cars have different head liner colors. There is no option for the headliner color. It seems as though the assembly line picked the headliner color combinations. anyone else agree with this assessment?

rjkennedy
04-19-11, 12:04 PM
If you watch the speed channel special about the v, you'll see that even black cars have different head liner colors. There is no option for the headliner color. It seems as though the assembly line picked the headliner color combinations. anyone else agree with this assessment?

I think black for coupes, gray for sedan/ wagon. Why, I have no idea.

dennych
10-24-12, 09:20 PM
I wish Cadillac listened to this thread and offered it on the newer wagons and sedans. it's one of the aspects that makes the car look cheaper than it really needs to be and at what cost?

Thinking about a custom solution but would that mess with the one button push retracting mesh if you had the sunroof (of course not by choice)?

McGuffy
10-24-12, 09:44 PM
I had mine done in Alcantara - about $700 - looks amazing now.

dennych
10-24-12, 10:29 PM
I had mine done in Alcantara - about $700 - looks amazing now.

where at? I'm thinking of getting it done at D3 Cadillac. Do you know if it's possible with the wagon sunroof?

McGuffy
10-25-12, 09:06 AM
Mine was redone by MCOR Automotive here in Tampa after a lousy experience elsewhere. MCOR did a killer job. My coupe has the sunroof too, it's a rollup shade, so I didn't have that done. I don't know if the vagon's shade rolls up or slides (if it slides, they can suede it).