: Phone Keeps Un-pairing

Tony407
04-13-11, 10:17 PM
I recently got a Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). Great phone, BTW. About every other week or so my phone won't connect to the V's Bluetooth even though I haven't changed any options on the phone or the car. When I use the voice recognition to get to my paired handsfree devices and ask to have them listed, the V tells me "There are currently no paired devices." And so I have to re-pair the phone, which has to be done when the car is stopped. :mad: I'm using my phone in two other Bluetooth-equipped cars and I'm not having this problem with them. I'm thinking since the car has completely lost the connecting with my phone (and not the other way around), it makes sense that it's an issue with the car - not my phone. However, I don't recall this happening with other phones. So at this point I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. The dealership's only way to deal with this problem is to keep my car and my phone. I can certainly live without the V for a day or two, but not my phone! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tony

tedcmiller
04-13-11, 10:29 PM
My Samsung phone (an Alias 2) has always worked fine in my 2009 CTS-V. Some phones are not supported by the Bluetooth in the CTS-V. Is yours one of those? Bluetooth is different in every device and every implementation. The fact that a phone works in some cars means nothing as far as another car is concerned.

Tony407
04-13-11, 10:38 PM
Well, I'm not if it's supported or not. But I can tell you it works flawlessly- that is until it un-pairs itself.

Tony

rednumbers
04-13-11, 10:50 PM
i am similar issues with my Iphone. Not sure if its un pairing but sometimes a call will come in and it wont go through the bluetooth. It normally works but when it does not its a pain. One of my issues with my V. I am on the phone all the time and this was the last thing i thought would not work on the car.

maybe a update through Cadillac might work

Tony407
04-14-11, 02:35 AM
i am similar issues with my Iphone. Not sure if its un pairing but sometimes a call will come in and it wont go through the bluetooth. It normally works but when it does not its a pain. One of my issues with my V. I am on the phone all the time and this was the last thing i thought would not work on the car.

maybe a update through Cadillac might work

Out of curiosity, activate your voice navigation. Say "handsfree" then "bluetooth" and then "list". It should then list your paired devices, with the name you gave your phone(s) when you first paired it. For me, when my phone stops working mysteriously and I go through this process, the car tells me there isn't a phone paired...at all. It's as if the car deleted it, which is something I thought you had to do yourself. In the past when I've had other phones I forgot to delete them and when I had the car list my devices I was surprised to find that it had 3 or 4 phones still paired with the car...phones I hadn't had in a long time. So I'm pretty sure the car doesn't typical delete them by itself. It's only having this problem with my Samsung. If you're having this problem too then it tells me it probably an incompatibility issue with certain phones, and as you suggested maybe an update might work for us.

Tony

RemoWilliams
04-14-11, 09:48 PM
I have had the same issue with a phone not always paring with the car. Had the issue with my old Samsung Omnia and even now with my Motorola Droid X. There is some issue here for sure.

drguitar
06-15-11, 02:07 AM
I recently got a Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). Great phone, BTW. About every other week or so my phone won't connect to the V's Bluetooth even though I haven't changed any options on the phone or the car. When I use the voice recognition to get to my paired handsfree devices and ask to have them listed, the V tells me "There are currently no paired devices." And so I have to re-pair the phone, which has to be done when the car is stopped. :mad: I'm using my phone in two other Bluetooth-equipped cars and I'm not having this problem with them. I'm thinking since the car has completely lost the connecting with my phone (and not the other way around), it makes sense that it's an issue with the car - not my phone. However, I don't recall this happening with other phones. So at this point I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. The dealership's only way to deal with this problem is to keep my car and my phone. I can certainly live without the V for a day or two, but not my phone! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tony

I have the exact same problem with the same car. Prior to the Droid update, it worked fine. Now I have re-pair the phone about 2x per week. Annoying to the point I am thinking about getting rid of the phone. I noticed on Cadillacs website it is not listed as a compatible phone.

Prof
06-15-11, 07:14 AM
Just for perspective...my '09 V2 had problems with my Iphone 3...has been flawlessly paired with the Iphone 4 from day one.

Just wondering...can I pair multiple phones with the V2? Wife carries an Iphone and a Blackberry...what would the issues be?

js615
06-15-11, 11:12 AM
It's not just the V - my wife drives a 2011 SRX - and we have the same issue. I have an EVO and she has a Samsung Epic (by the way Tony - thanks for being a Sprint customer! I can assure you this issue you are having is not specific to just the phone itself; that said, if you ever experience any other issues with your phone, don't hesitate to PM me). My EVO works great her Epic does not. At the same time, my EVO does not import the phone book while her Epic does. My buddy has a CTS4 and a Verizon Moto phone - he also has intermittent issues. Ditto for a buddy with a 2010 SRS and an iPhone. Why all the intermittent issues?

Bottom line, with every new phone and new phone UI/OS - the extensions for how the device interacts with the Bluetooth hardware in each device change as well. For every car (not just car manufacturer - it's at a car-line level) the way the vehicle's software interacts with the Bluetooth extension are different. Add it all up (considering the # of cars out there with BT integration, the discrete number of individual phones from every carrier and hardware developer) and the permutations of possible connectivity issues is staggering. We've had the software on her SRX updated and still no joy. I hate to say it, but we'll just have to keep asking for the latest software from GM and keep our devices up to date - or- find a device known to work and stick with it. For example - RIM has long been a force when it comes to hardware and software compatibility - I can't recall ever hearing about a BB device having Bluetooth issues.

But since we all love the latest and greatest devices we have to deal with the lag time between interop testing by everyone involved - especially GM. That's a lot of devices for them to certify. Over time, as software improves, hardware extensions evolve, and patches are released - things get "tuned" up. I know none of this helps, but hang in there - 2.3 for the Epic may bring some relief (sorry, I cannot comment on availability of Gingerbread for the Epic).

Not a solution, but I hope helpful or at least, insightful.
J.