: Hyundai Super Sedan in the works

Lord Cadillac
04-13-11, 02:30 PM
In other news, Hyundai is not creating a separate luxury brand for it's automobiles. At least not right now. They MAY, however, do a "Riviera, by Buick" type of thing....

http://genesisowners.com/images/hyundai_zk_super_sedan.jpg

The full-size image can be found here (http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-super-sedan-637-horsepower_5_5_liter_v8_tau_gdi_turbo.html).

The Tony Show
04-13-11, 08:41 PM
And here I thought the new Lexus design language was hideous. :ack:

ThumperPup
04-13-11, 09:02 PM
Hyundai sucks
don't matter what they come out with they will always Suck to me

V-Eight
04-13-11, 09:26 PM
Wow, 637HP huh? I wonder what Cadillac will come up with to beat that...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-13-11, 11:55 PM
Hmmm....hosted only on genesisowners.com, with no links to any other site....and sal owns genesisowners.com.... putting the puzzle together...

Stingroo
04-14-11, 12:27 AM
Sal = Hyundai executive robot.

His name is an acronym for Sell Asian Luxurymobiles.

Mystery solved.

Jesda
04-14-11, 01:21 AM
Wow, 637HP huh? I wonder what Cadillac will come up with to beat that...

An XTS Titanium Edition with silver trim, bigger wheels, and 280hp driving the front wheels.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-14-11, 01:26 AM
Sal = Hyundai executive robot.

His name is an acronym for Sell Asian Luxurymobiles.

Mystery solved.

Hahahahah

Jesda
04-14-11, 01:28 AM
Hope
You
Understand
Nothing's
Drivable
And
Inexpensive

Ahh, the 90s.

ga_etc
04-14-11, 01:35 AM
I'm pretty sure before all is said and done Sal is going to own every car forum domain.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-14-11, 01:46 AM
Wbat are you talkin about? Its just a hobby

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-14-11, 07:34 AM
Killed
In
America

Koreans
In
America

Krap
In
America

(acronyms we came up for them at work)

V-Eight
04-14-11, 09:15 AM
An XTS Titanium Edition with silver trim, bigger wheels, and 280hp driving the front wheels.

LOL.

Wait.....power is going DOWN!?!?

Stingroo
04-14-11, 11:09 AM
Platinum > Titanium, so naturally, yes.

cadillac kevin
04-14-11, 01:14 PM
looks like a photochop job. side body line of buick, lexus headlights, MB taillights... oh wait- thats how hyundai design cars

OffThaHorseCEO
04-14-11, 02:31 PM
looks like a photochop job. Side body line of buick, lexus headlights, mb taillights... Oh wait- thats how hyundai design cars

zing!

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 09:43 PM
When Cadillac has something to brag about besides the CTS, I'll be all over it. Enough said.

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 09:46 PM
I'm tired of your crappy comments. You can spend a month away, or never come back for all I care.. Goodbye.

Wbat are you talkin about? Its just a hobby

Stingroo
04-14-11, 09:50 PM
Whoa.

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 09:53 PM
It's a F'in hobby that gets me subpoenaed every other month, constantly nagged about this or that, drained in the wallet for attorneys, drained in the mind for problems and I'm tired of being criticized for it all. Maybe I'll sell the place to the highest bidder, walk away and let you all deal with the new owners... Enough is a F'in-nough.

Stingroo
04-14-11, 09:59 PM
I think he was joking, but I respect your decisions either way.

Hell, I support the place and I don't even OWN a Cadillac. :lol:

P.S. You're still obligated to come to the meet this year.

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 10:05 PM
Well I'm tired of the joking around that my hobby is more than just that when it's becoming extremely stressful to maintain. And I do appreciate your support. :)

Keep reminding me of the date for our meet.. I have so much going on I can't remember a damn thing anymore.. I'm busy with work, my business, my drive to stay healthy, my hobbies (I do have more than one) and I'm bearly holding it all together....

I think he was joking, but I respect your decisions either way.

Hell, I support the place and I don't even OWN a Cadillac. :lol:

P.S. You're still obligated to come to the meet this year.

Stingroo
04-14-11, 10:07 PM
Hey, no worries. You can pull a Gary D. and get slammed at the meet and forget about it for a weekend. :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 10:10 PM
Well if the meet is in City Place or on Clematis Street, expect me to be doing a lot of Vegas Bombs. :p

Stingroo
04-14-11, 10:12 PM
It's kind of all over. If you have good suggestions for places to eat though, let us know in the thread below.

vvvvvvvvv

Ranger
04-14-11, 10:18 PM
It's a F'in hobby that gets me subpoenaed every other month, constantly nagged about this or that, drained in the wallet for attorneys, drained in the mind for problems and I'm tired of being criticized for it all. Maybe I'll sell the place to the highest bidder, walk away a millionaire and let you all deal with the new owners... Enough is a F'in-nough.
Geez Sal, sorry to hear things are that bad. Can't imagine what could get you subpoenaed so often. Hope things calm down for you. I'd hate to see you sell this place, but I suspect someday it will happen.

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 10:18 PM
There are 8 million places to eat on Clematis Street. There's even a Duffy's now.. Let's have the meet there...

On another note, I took the "ban" back. I'm a dick. But I'm really getting furious with the little jabs at me around here lately. I'm really starting to lose my patience for all of it. If I want to draw traffic to my other hobby sites with an image or link or whatever - I think I'm entitled to it. The only way to make forums work is with traffic - and what I posted on page one of this discussion is one way to make that happen. If anyone is uncomfortable with the fact that I run a network of automobile communities, than maybe those communities aren't where you should be spending your time - since I own the domains...

Stingroo
04-14-11, 10:21 PM
Really? That might be a fun thing for Saturday then. Friday is going to be dominated by the Tower Shops. I'll look into Clematis. Good plan. :)

[/thread hijack]

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 10:23 PM
Geez Sal, sorry to hear things are that bad. Can't imagine what could get you subpoenaed so often. Hope things calm down for you. I'd hate to see you sell this place, but I suspect someday it will happen.

Libel. Person A says something bad about person B and I get subpoenaed for Person A's IP address, email address and a list of their messages pertaining to certain subjects. It not only takes me time to put the information together, I need representation to assure that Person A's rights aren't being violated. Companies like Internet Brands who have attorneys on retainer are far better suited to deal with running communities like this in 2011.. I suspect it's only going to get much worse.. This was a fun hobby while it lasted.

Lord Cadillac
04-14-11, 10:23 PM
Since Tower Shops ends at like 10pm, we could come back to Clematis on Friday night to party as well. :)

Really? That might be a fun thing for Saturday then. Friday is going to be dominated by the Tower Shops. I'll look into Clematis. Good plan. :)

[/thread hijack]

thebigjimsho
04-14-11, 10:29 PM
Clitoris? Can I buy you a drink still, Sal?

Ranger
04-14-11, 10:33 PM
Libel. Person A says something bad about person B and I get subpoenaed for Person A's IP address, email address and a list of their messages pertaining to certain subjects. It not only takes me time to put the information together, I need representation to assure that Person A's rights aren't being violated. Companies like Internet Brands who have attorneys on retainer are far better suited to deal with running communities like this in 2011.. I suspect it's only going to get much worse.. This was a fun hobby while it lasted.

Holy jump'in jack flash! Guys are suing each other over comments made on a web site forum? They must have more time and money than they know what to do with. That's absolutely ridiculous.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-14-11, 11:25 PM

Whoa. Sorry to see it's going this way. Maybe it's time I find another way to spend my time, in case you sell out and this places turns to shit or closes down entirely. :(

OffThaHorseCEO
04-15-11, 12:50 AM
Hey dont sweat it. I didnt even notice i had been banned but i appreciate the take back. I honestly thought you were one to roll with the punches. A jab here or there never hurt anyone, look at thumperpup. Every thread he gets involved in he gets picked on.

Anyway, i apologize if i offended you with my joke.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-15-11, 12:59 AM
Holy jump'in jack flash! Guys are suing each other over comments made on a web site forum? They must have more time and money than they know what to do with. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Its probably more like:

person orders from vendor a, who could be a one person business such as a tuner modder graphic artist.
Person isnt satisfied with vendors product or service, and proceeds to post about their experience on an internet forum. Claims are exaggerated.
Vendor seeing exaggerated claims sues for libel.

Playdrv4me
04-15-11, 02:24 AM
I honestly don't understand why people get their panties all in a bunch over discussion of non Cadillac brands and vehicles in a portion of the forum designed to discuss anything. Even if it is self promotion, it's shit to talk about. If I want to discuss Cadillacs, there are many sub forums I can go to for each specific vehicle... and when Cadillac does something worthy of discussing, we can talk about it here just like anything else we post about.

Jesda
04-15-11, 02:42 AM
It's a F'in hobby that gets me subpoenaed every other month, constantly nagged about this or that, drained in the wallet for attorneys, drained in the mind for problems and I'm tired of being criticized for it all. Maybe I'll sell the place to the highest bidder, walk away and let you all deal with the new owners... Enough is a F'in-nough.

Its not good to hang on to a hobby that causes more stress than joy -- unless its an E-type Jag, and even then its still unwise.

Corporate owners took over Saab Central recently, as well as other forums I frequent. They continue to work well and have the same sense of community. If I was in your position with other more fruitful projects to focus on, I would unload it before web forums are replaced by the 'next big thing.' Nothing on the internet lasts forever. [Yahoo, Alta Vista, Excite, Myspace, AOL]

Its not like selling the forum means you'd be stopped from posting, going to meets, and seeing your friends. It might be time to introduce an exit plan to your vision.

Cash in, buy an Equus, and bring it to Chicago next year. :D

Stingroo
04-15-11, 08:35 AM
Bring it to West Palm in July*

Then Chicago. :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
04-15-11, 04:11 PM
Clitoris? Can I buy you a drink still, Sal?

Ahh. Not sure what you mean.. Funny, though - I often call is Clitoris Street...

Yeah, I know - though sometimes I can understand where they're coming from. From a business perspective, if somebody says something bad about a business that sells products or services - it's not a good thing to have it being discussed in a public forum.

What gets me involved is this scenario:

Person A claims that Vendor A did a bad thing. Vendor A complains to me and demands I remove the claim/statement. If I remove that statement and Person A was telling the truth (it really did happen), than I did an injustice to person A. If I don't remove the claim/statement and Person A was lying - than I did an injustice to Vendor A. This is not a court of law and there's no way for me to determine who's telling the truth in a situation - but somebody still wants to hold me accountable. So I need legal counsel in this scenario as well. It's a huge mess. As far as I'm concerned, Person A and Vendor A should be in court by themselves figuring out who is right or wrong. From there, I can make a proper decision on how to handle the situation in the community.

Whoa. Sorry to see it's going this way. Maybe it's time I find another way to spend my time, in case you sell out and this places turns to shit or closes down entirely. :(

I will unlikely sell my hobby. I've been doing this in one form or another since the mid 80s. I like it - there are just a lot of bumpy roads lately. Me selling my hobby is like me taking money to never eat pizza again. I like pizza. Pay me a million dollars and I may have no trouble dealing with the idea at first - but give it a little time and I'll wish I could give back the money so I can have pizza again. I'd have a very difficult time putting a price on pizza - and the same goes for my hobby. I like it. I don't want to give it up.

Hey dont sweat it. I didnt even notice i had been banned but i appreciate the take back. I honestly thought you were one to roll with the punches. A jab here or there never hurt anyone, look at thumperpup. Every thread he gets involved in he gets picked on.

Anyway, i apologize if i offended you with my joke.

I can't reasonably ban you (or anyone) from the Cadillac community because of personal reasons. What you said made me angry and defensive but that cannot interfere with the big picture. The community is not about me and even if I hated your guts, I would not remove your ability to access this place. That would be stupid. I AM usually good at taking criticism and I DO roll with the punches. I'm just stressed and have lost some patience lately. Hopefully everything will calm down and I'll be back to normal sooner than later. I apologize for my bad reaction....

Its probably more like:

person orders from vendor a, who could be a one person business such as a tuner modder graphic artist.
Person isnt satisfied with vendors product or service, and proceeds to post about their experience on an internet forum. Claims are exaggerated.
Vendor seeing exaggerated claims sues for libel.

Yeah, that's a good example...

I honestly don't understand why people get their panties all in a bunch over discussion of non Cadillac brands and vehicles in a portion of the forum designed to discuss anything. Even if it is self promotion, it's shit to talk about. If I want to discuss Cadillacs, there are many sub forums I can go to for each specific vehicle... and when Cadillac does something worthy of discussing, we can talk about it here just like anything else we post about.

Believe me when Cadillac has something to brag about besides the CTS, CTS, CTS, CTS and the CTS (have you seen their Facebook account lately?), it'll be front page news here...

Its not good to hang on to a hobby that causes more stress than joy -- unless its an E-type Jag, and even then its still unwise.

Corporate owners took over Saab Central recently, as well as other forums I frequent. They continue to work well and have the same sense of community. If I was in your position with other more fruitful projects to focus on, I would unload it before web forums are replaced by the 'next big thing.' Nothing on the internet lasts forever. [Yahoo, Alta Vista, Excite, Myspace, AOL]

Its not like selling the forum means you'd be stopped from posting, going to meets, and seeing your friends. It might be time to introduce an exit plan to your vision.

Cash in, buy an Equus, and bring it to Chicago next year. :D

I know and I've even been offered to sell the place and continue running it.. But like I said above, I've been doing this for much longer than most people online. I had a BBS in 1984 and I ran a nice message board community there.. That was a long, long time ago.. I've been doing this for so long that I'm sure I'd wish I never stopped if I did. I really love the experience even so it's stressful at times..

billc83
04-15-11, 08:10 PM
They MAY, however, do a "Riviera, by Buick" type of thing....

Or, better yet, "Cimarron, by Cadillac." :duck:

Sevillian273
04-16-11, 04:35 AM
For one million dollars I will say goodbye to pizza and never look back.

Lord Cadillac
04-16-11, 04:08 PM
Not me, I'm addicted to food - and pizza is my favorite... I wouldn't give up my favorite anything for a million dollars. Maybe 30 years ago...

For one million dollars I will say goodbye to pizza and never look back.

Stingroo
04-16-11, 04:42 PM
*makes note to locate a legitimate pizza place in WPB*

johnny kannapo
04-17-11, 01:40 AM
It doesn't look terrible. Somehow the lines are too soft & sharp at the same time. Too much going on with the front.

They will end up with something better looking than that. They have the right idea for sure.

Lord Cadillac
04-18-11, 11:19 AM
*makes note to locate a legitimate pizza place in WPB*

City Pizza in CityPlace is good and Pizza Luna on Clematis Street is as good as any pizza you can get anywhere but maybe Brooklyn.

It doesn't look terrible. Somehow the lines are too soft & sharp at the same time. Too much going on with the front.

They will end up with something better looking than that. They have the right idea for sure.

I'm sure the actual GS will be designed somewhere in between boring and exciting.

Lord Cadillac
04-18-11, 12:09 PM
Back on topic, the Hyundai Super Sedan is not a sure thing. What IS a sure thing is the 5.5 liter Tau engine - which is being set for the long wheel base Equus in South Korea. Hyundai originally tested this engine with a supercharger to obtain around 550 horsepower but they've been testing a twin turbo setup that's getting them into the 600 range. This engine will find it's way into the second generation Genesis and Equus in America. It's slated to compete with the M5, E63 AMG, CTS-V and others in the high performance arena...

Stingroo
04-18-11, 12:49 PM
Now that there is interesting.

Lord Cadillac
04-18-11, 12:54 PM
Very few people are going to care that there's a Hyundai badge on a car capable of running with the aforementioned vehicles for half the price and a good warranty. I'm expecting a Genesis Coupe that'll compete nicely with a GT500.

Now that there is interesting.

Stingroo
04-18-11, 02:10 PM
Don't get too out of hand.

Mustang owners are the crowd that buy it because it's a Mustang. Not because it's the best handling or best looking or most luxurious. The GT500 won't even blink at something else entering its segment short of the ZL-1.

orconn
04-18-11, 02:21 PM
Very few people are going to care that there's a Hyundai badge on a car capable of running with the aforementioned vehicles for half the price and a good warranty. I'm expecting a Genesis Coupe that'll compete nicely with a GT500.

It may draw a following from an increasingly affluent ricer crowd, but I have to agree it probably won't suck much blood from the crowd that buys performance Mustangs!

Lord Cadillac
04-18-11, 02:30 PM
A Hyundai like this probably won't steal a single sale from Ford but it'll easily be a tremendous hit. If a car as ugly as the first generation Subaru WRX STi could get the tremendous following it did.......................

Stingroo
04-18-11, 02:31 PM
The WRX had rally racing pedigree.

The Hyundai will not. Don't get me wrong, it'll probably be nice, and at the very least, interesting, but it'll need something to really set itself apart to shake the status quo.

Lord Cadillac
04-18-11, 03:40 PM
1. If the Honda Civic can get the following it has, I see no reason for an M5 performing Hyundai to do the same.
2. I'm 100% wrong
3. Let's just wait and see

In other words:

1. These are just my thoughts and opinions
2. You can't change them :p
3. Let's just move on :highfive:

The WRX had rally racing pedigree.

The Hyundai will not. Don't get me wrong, it'll probably be nice, and at the very least, interesting, but it'll need something to really set itself apart to shake the status quo.

RippyPartsDept
04-18-11, 03:44 PM
hyundai should start up an scca world challenge racing team!

Jesda
04-18-11, 03:59 PM
Hyundai will dominate the commuter market.

The Raven
04-18-11, 05:49 PM
Yeah I pretty much feel the same way as most of the crowd here...put all the power you want in a Hyundai...it's still a Hyundai. I was very excited when I got to test drive the Equus, because I had heard so much hype for the car on this forum, so I thought maybe Hyundai was really turning over a new leaf and actually had a shot at moving upmarket. Nope. It's a VERY nice Hyundai, but it does nothing to really break from the "Hyundai" stereotype. Lots of cheap looking plastics, very hollow feel, it just feels cheap overall. This venture into premium automobiles is going to be short lived (again) for Hyundai if they don't really do something to improve the feel of their cars. They are not going to sell many of these cars at price points upwards of $50k.

Lord Cadillac
07-11-11, 09:53 PM
The Hyundai Nemesis
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa461/BigSwede123/Hyundai_Nemesis.jpg

cadillac kevin
07-11-11, 10:04 PM
lets see
headlamps of a caddy- grille of a MB, side vents of a mustang, greenhouse of a MB or maybe a bmw.
yup its a hyundai.
not to mention it looks like a hot wheels

orconn
07-11-11, 11:25 PM
First glance it was cool ... but further inspection leads me to believe that Hyundais are being designed by a Japanese manga studio!

Destroyer
07-11-11, 11:31 PM
Wow, 637HP huh? I wonder what Cadillac will come up with to beat that...Nada

Destroyer
07-11-11, 11:49 PM
A Hyundai like this probably won't steal a single sale from Ford but it'll easily be a tremendous hit. If a car as ugly as the first generation Subaru WRX STi could get the tremendous following it did.......................I don't know about that. I bought my blown Mach from a friend that now has a Saleen supercharged '08 Steeda Mustang and he has contemplated the idea of buying a Genesis Coupe and modifying the crap out of it. :)

Lord Cadillac
07-12-11, 10:58 AM
lets see
headlamps of a caddy- grille of a MB, side vents of a mustang, greenhouse of a MB or maybe a bmw.
yup its a hyundai.
not to mention it looks like a hot wheels

I wouldn't care if that car had one part from every make and model on the planet. I'd drive it proudly.

I don't know about that. I bought my blown Mach from a friend that now has a Saleen supercharged '08 Steeda Mustang and he has contemplated the idea of buying a Genesis Coupe and modifying the crap out of it. :)

That sounds like a cool plan. :) ...would make for an amazing sleeper.

thebigjimsho
07-13-11, 08:04 AM
If that thing had a Cadillac badge, people would be going nuts! I think that Nemesis looks amazing...

Rodya234
07-13-11, 08:38 AM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/24183/original/500pxShopped.jpg

Lord Cadillac
07-13-11, 11:03 AM
If that thing had a Cadillac badge, people would be going nuts! I think that Nemesis looks amazing...

I agree 100%...

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/24183/original/500pxShopped.jpg

Is that a Commodore Amiga?

RippyPartsDept
07-13-11, 11:09 AM
looks like an ibm keyboard ... possibly an beige/white box (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beige_box) machine

Stingroo
07-13-11, 06:45 PM
looks like an ibm keyboard ... possibly an beige/white box (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beige_box) machine

Go away and go on vacation already. :lol:

I keed, I keed!

RippyPartsDept
07-14-11, 09:09 AM
Done and done.