: My V has a new home

PremierJosh
04-13-11, 02:12 PM
One of my long time customers went for a ride in my 686whp V last week and had to have it. I love my car and offered to find him one. He came in yesterday with cash and I just couldnt say no. It hasn't been 24 hours yet and I miss the girl. Now do I pick up another one, get another c6z06 with a blower, Nissan GTR, or save a few months and pick up a ZR1. I really enjoyed my V and had no plans to move it but now I'm like a kid in the hot wheels isle. I really dont care to drive a z06 everyday after having the V but I have a truck to daily drive. Having a supercharged Vette here to demo for customers will help sales but I'm not sure if that makes up for not have a V. I'm not sure if the ZR1 will do the same for customers since they will feel it should be so fast to start with in there eyes. Help me pick my new toy.

Josh

JOEYCTS-V
04-13-11, 02:20 PM
I love my V more than anything but the ZR1 is one sweet ride. I was next to one in traffic the other day coming home from work. It sounds nasty!

Caddy Wagon
04-13-11, 02:21 PM
I'll bring my Wagon over and let it keep you company while you work on it. :thumbsup:

musclesbmf
04-13-11, 02:27 PM
Personally, having all the above mentioned cars except for the GTR, I would go with something different and get the GTR.

Mark

carz80am
04-13-11, 02:33 PM
I would go GTR as well or a gallardo. Once I sell my V I'm going to pick one of those up. There's nothing like AWD, that's why I love my jeep srt-8.

shade
04-13-11, 04:26 PM
Josh you need to clean your mailbox out.
Pick up another V and make it faster than the last.

PremierJosh
04-13-11, 04:42 PM
It will be cleaned in 2 min. I like the idea on the GTR but I own a LSX performance shop and even though the Z06 is on the bottom of my list personally it makes the most sense. I can almost damn near pay it off in cash on what I made on the V also.

cbloveday
04-13-11, 05:07 PM
Nice problem to have, but it is personal.

e6t
04-13-11, 05:44 PM
gtr ftmfw.

/close thread

elphil
04-13-11, 05:48 PM
Josh, half the fun is looking. Take your time.

CTSV4now
04-13-11, 07:07 PM
If you build an SRX-V, I may buy later............ just saying.

Me Wanna A V
04-13-11, 07:30 PM
Showcase your business and make a sick VAGON.

Customers should rightfully expect the ZR1 to be quick, but not a "station wagon".

Get a manual tranny Vagon and duplicate your previous mods OR even improve upon that.

Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbloveday
04-13-11, 08:04 PM
next time, JUST SAY NO!

suicidecl
04-13-11, 08:17 PM
Gtr ftw!!

Caddy Wagon
04-13-11, 08:20 PM
Showcase your business and make a sick VAGON.

Customers should rightfully expect the ZR1 to be quick, but not a "station wagon".

Get a manual tranny Vagon and duplicate your previous mods OR even improve upon that.

Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I have a manual tranny wagon I'll be picking up within the week. Josh will have it in his shop to work on it at some point. I'm just a couple of hours away from him.

jwall09
04-13-11, 08:28 PM
Another cool car would be Maserati Gran Turismo-S.

JOEYCTS-V
04-13-11, 09:41 PM
Another cool car would be Maserati Gran Turismo-S.

Cool, YES. Fast, NO! I drove my friend's Gran Turismo and was VERY unimpressed. It sounds cool, that's about it.

DrumStix
04-13-11, 11:54 PM
Start the "PJ" style custom ride portion of your shop. Build another one for yourself and off it to the next customer like Saleen or Lingenfelter. Make sure it's a V.

F a GTR.

Caddy Wagon
04-13-11, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah Josh, I forgot to say "You bastard!" for selling it this soon, lol.

NiceRide
04-14-11, 12:38 AM
2012 GT-R, and don't look back.

Caddy Wagon
04-14-11, 01:20 AM
Seriously, Josh has already done the civic thing...lol :lildevil:

There are some quick ones out there. Here's me in my old 2001 Lightning running one at Memphis Motorsports Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUND2rY3P4

PhxTriode
04-15-11, 01:16 AM
Josh,

Sorry to hear she is gone. You put a lot of effort into finding the right parts that worked well together. I did notice that all the cars you mentioned were 2 door coupes, makes me wonder if you remember why you bought the sedan in the first place.

Either way I hope you still stay here on the forum.

PremierJosh
04-26-11, 12:46 AM
It has almost been 2 weeks. I have bounced around from picking up a Z06 and seriously modding it, ZR1, but have came back to a V. I think I have decided on a 2011 Black Diamond Sedan. I have not seen the color in person so I hope it looks sexy and classy. I'm headed out of town Wed-Monday and will make a decision then. I will plan my mods before I start installing any parts and I might use this stock vehicle to test a few different packages.

Caddy Wagon
04-26-11, 01:22 AM
There is a black diamond sedan on the showroom floor at a dealer near me.

Bookinctsv
04-26-11, 01:23 AM
It has almost been 2 weeks. I have bounced around from picking up a Z06 and seriously modding it, ZR1, but have came back to a V. I think I have decided on a 2011 Black Diamond Sedan. I have not seen the color in person so I hope it looks sexy and classy. I'm headed out of town Wed-Monday and will make a decision then. I will plan my mods before I start installing any parts and I might use this stock vehicle to test a few different packages.

Saw the black diamond V in person with the yellow calipers and it looks bad ass. Deffinelty +1 with the V over the vettes