: So, I've come to a decision.

TWasArroundHere
04-13-11, 09:25 AM
Hey Guys.
As you may remember, last week I was debating on selling my Caddie: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/226900-i-need-some-advice.html

and asked you guys for advice. I've been weighing the pros and cons- I've had her for 6 years, restored her almost to perfect condition, and yes, I'd regret it forever probably if I sold her. But like all good things, this too has come to an end. I need the money for my mothers medical expenses more then I need the car. It's fitting that my passed fathers car needs to be sold to take care of my mom- he took care of her for years, perhaps this is just a continuation of that.

And the other reasons- I cant take care of her. She's beautiful, and needs to go to a good home with a garage, not sit outside at an apartment complex in the rain. I can't afford the matinmentce, or upkeep. Things just arent what they used to be.

So, before I put it on craigslist, I want to offer it here. I would rather someone on these forums have her, someone I know will take care of her and show her the proper home that I no longer can provide. I'm going to put in in the marketplace, and list it for $4500- but I will entertain any other offers, as long as they promise not to paint it lime green and slam it to the ground.

Thanks.

outsider
04-13-11, 11:03 AM
it's a tough choice but you gatta do what you gatta do.

I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a buyer. the car looks amazing.

pompste
04-17-11, 04:47 PM
Hey Guys.
As you may remember, last week I was debating on selling my Caddie: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/226900-i-need-some-advice.html

and asked you guys for advice. I've been weighing the pros and cons- I've had her for 6 years, restored her almost to perfect condition, and yes, I'd regret it forever probably if I sold her. But like all good things, this too has come to an end. I need the money for my mothers medical expenses more then I need the car. It's fitting that my passed fathers car needs to be sold to take care of my mom- he took care of her for years, perhaps this is just a continuation of that.

And the other reasons- I cant take care of her. She's beautiful, and needs to go to a good home with a garage, not sit outside at an apartment complex in the rain. I can't afford the matinmentce, or upkeep. Things just arent what they used to be.

So, before I put it on craigslist, I want to offer it here. I would rather someone on these forums have her, someone I know will take care of her and show her the proper home that I no longer can provide. I'm going to put in in the marketplace, and list it for $4500- but I will entertain any other offers, as long as they promise not to paint it lime green and slam it to the ground.

Thanks.

Very respectable decision! As we all know,we all only get 1 real Mom in life and for you to pay for her medical expenses with the $$$ from the Caddy sale is excellent!
I was my late handicapped Mom`s 24/7 inhome caregiver for the last 8 years of her life until she passed away a year and a half ago.Thankfully i never had to sell any of my 2 Caddy`s since she had great medical insurance---but if it came down to it,i would have done the same as you.
Hopefully your Dad`s ride will find a great caring home and new owner!

Angry Matt
04-19-11, 07:01 PM
Is that yours I see for $3000? What happened to $4500? That car's worth more than 3 grand, at least start higher, you can always lower the price later. I don't want to see you lose out. Spring Carlisle's in two weeks, you could sell it there. There's always Cadillacs there and from your pics, none that nice.

TWasArroundHere
04-20-11, 01:39 PM
Yea, it is. I need the money by the end of the month if I'm gonna get stuff for my mom done. Whats Spring Carlisles?

Angry Matt
04-20-11, 08:09 PM
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/index.asp

Probably the biggest car show/swap meet on the east coast. People come all the way from california and canada for it. I go every year, it's worth the ride. I'm going with some friends next thursday.