: squeaky caliper?

areuv
04-13-11, 08:14 AM
over the last couple of days my car has started to make a squeaking/creaking noise when I slow down to a stop, it only happens when I"m braking, it's a real annoying creaking sound coming from the right from wheel, at first I thought it might be the D3 springs but the car is quiet when I go over bumps and every other senario, it only does it as I am coming to a stop and my foot is on the brake, if I let off the brake as I'm coming to that stop it stops creaking, any suggestions :hmm:

joojersey
05-10-11, 05:33 PM
i have the same problem... im taking it in this friday to the dealership. Whenever i go over a bump, or hit the brakes... the car makes crazy creaking sounds like it is about to fall apart. I've been reading that it might be the control arm bushing?

baabootoo
05-11-11, 12:06 AM
Do you know what a brake squeal is? The pads can't be worn yet, right? The stock pads are dirty for sure, but mine never squealed; even after using them hard.

cbloveday
05-11-11, 05:53 AM
Has it been wet out? My car does this when wet out and it is a characteristic of these pads/calipers. If you have plenty of pad left, you may be taking a trip to the dealer for nothing.