: Lockpick Question

Tony407
04-13-11, 05:41 AM
For some reason the search function isn't working, so sorry if this has been talked about before.

I recently installed the Lockpick. For some reason I assumed the pairing of your cell phone while driving would also be enabled, just as the nav functions and ability to watch a DVD while driving are (I will never watch a movie while driving - too dangerous for me!) Yet when I try to pair a cell phone while driving I still get the "You cannot pair a phone while driving". Is this normal? This was one of the main reasons I purchased the Lockpick, because I seem to have problems connecting my phone from time to time (once a week or so) and have to re-pair it in order to get it to work via Bluetooth. And it's nearly impossible sometimes to pull over to do so, so I'm stuck without a phone (or risk a ticket) until I either find some place to pull over or get to my destination.

Kind of disappointed if this is the case.

Tony

wait4me
04-13-11, 10:54 AM
Try and put in a dvd if that works then it must not support the phone thing like you are wanting. If it does not work on the dvd, then you might have the wrong setting flipped maybe? Did you try calling them?

Tony407
04-13-11, 10:34 PM
Try and put in a dvd if that works then it must not support the phone thing like you are wanting. If it does not work on the dvd, then you might have the wrong setting flipped maybe? Did you try calling them?

The DVD plays while driving, and most of the nav features appear to be working now while the car is in motion. However, there were a couple of things I noticed during the install that bothered me. First, the supplied wiring harness has both 12v constant and accessory leads, which is a nice bonus. But the accessory lead doesn't supply 12v, it's only putting out 10.5v, which isn't enough to power my radar detector. The other thing that bothered me is that during the initial setup, when you push MUTE 4 times, the dash display is supposed to guide you through some options and you use the steering wheel controls to navigate your way through them. Unfortunately, whenever I pressed a steering wheel button (as per the instructions) it did whatever it wanted to, at random, and it took me several hours to guess my way through the setup. PITA!

I will definitely call them. Just wanted to start here first. Thanks, Jesse.

Tony